News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Request: Adam and Steve mod

Started by MarkJerue, September 10, 2017, 09:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkJerue

Everybody talks about Adam and Eve. Why not Adam and Steve?

A mod where you start with two male citizens in a single family instead of one of each gender would be awesome :D

adelegarland

ummm  because you can't have children....?   duh
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: MarkJerue on September 10, 2017, 09:30:20 AM
Why not Adam and Steve?

You made my day! ;D ;D

Unfortunately, the modkit is not tolerant enough to create a gay mod. People can only come in hetero couples.^^

QueryEverything

I wonder ... given the immediate limitations of the children issue - what about an adoption mod?
*goddess forbid I mention the Sims...* But, like the Sims?

A way to adopt children in the game, a way to circumvent the traditional way of childbearing, and then in doing so, work around the mod that way?

Probably not - just trying to think laterally around this. :)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

embx61

Nope, We cannot touch the AI.

It is all hardcoded.

I wonder if Luke have a surprise for us as he takes quite some time to release a new version so maybe he give us another goodie :)
Almost three months ago he released BETA 3.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

QueryEverything

I know this trivialises the 'overall' idea, but even a start condition with X adopted children and Adam & Steve (Glenda & Stevie) start, so at the very least, it's a gay couple with their children who have started off on a new adventure, escaping the dinosaurs?

I know not being about to biologically have children shouldn't be coded in (yes, because - science & biology realism), but - adoption should be. 

3 months since the last update?  Where was that betting pool?  I did say it would be a while, Luke does like his abandonware status ;)  haha.  :(

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

embx61

Well, the longer it takes the more the change he add something in.

He said while releasing BETA 3 there were not many bug reports and should release a next version pretty soon.

I think that Kid send him a list with some requests months ago so who knows he is maybe working on some of them to get them in.

We can always hope :)

The game is fully playable in BETA so I don't care if it takes him another month or even two as long as he add something to the mod kit we can use.

AzemOcram

I wonder if Alice and Eve would be possible? If you purchase 1 cow from the trader, it will give birth. Otherwise, possibly have the game start with 2 single mothers?

Bartender

This would be a fun little addition :D. Unfortunately the only way this would be possible is to turn all female bannies into males or vice versa.

Tom Sawyer

I guess a lone girl would be able to get children even without a man just like livestock. Banished women are working like men and make babies in addition. Men are just useless in this game.^^ But how to turn them all into girls? I have no clue @Bartender. ;D

Gatherer

So the PC craziness has crept onto this forum as well?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

QueryEverything

It's not about being PC @Gatherer no matter which side of the fence you are with this, either yes or no for the mod (all mods are optional); it's about a genuine request for the mod, by a person who would like to see themselves, or if not them, a friend or a community represented.  It's no different than asking for a new start condition of any form, a different aging mod, a different map terrain, housing era etc - it's simply a request by a person who would like to know if it can be done.

Let's not turn this into politics, (my issue lies with Luke on this - not allowing for different starts including single parents, elderly grandparent carers, and gay families etc etc), let's just read the request as it was - can we see if we can change a start condition.

So far, no - but, there are bright minds here who would like to see it happen, so who knows, but if not, sadly moving on - but to other great ideas.

Have a cookie and let's enjoy a political free moment :D

embx61

I think that Luke never even thought about this to be honest.

Till I read this thread I never thought about it either to have gays/lesbians in the game.

If it was possible I would not oppose it, I would be the first after the request to even make the mod for it, but I would probably not play with it (Besides testing) as it not really add anything (For me personally) to my game but I can see it being the preference for some people who play the game.

Tom Sawyer

Are you really discussing this? I thought it was just a joke.^^

AzemOcram

Besides, for the periods of history this takes place, gay men married women and lesbians were accused of witchcraft or forced to marry men. Adoption was rare. Besides, the Adam and Eve mod results in incest, which is disgusting and leads to genetic diseases/birth defects unsimulated by this simple game. It is entirely possible to make a starting condition with 2 men but it will have only 1 viable strategy: rush to nomads. If single women cannot be set to arrive pregnant or with fatherless children, then the same strategy would apply to a starting condition with 2 women.