News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Supply Chain and Trade System

Started by RealGimba, September 23, 2017, 12:29:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealGimba

Hello,

I am a new player to Banished, bought the game a couple of weeks ago and i have around 30 hours of gameplay only, but i found the vanilla game... lacking. I am guy who likes to build huge cities and see it being self sufficient, so i went to the MegaMod Pack, and as i first felt very overwhelmed, it eventually dawned to me that with it, i could actually build what i want to see.

Currently i am trying to figure out the best way to make a supply chain. My plan is to have a main city (130x130) and it will be surrounded by farms, orchards and pastures, just like a standard medieval town with a walled city and a country side. The problem is how to send the food produced in the far edges and corners to the center of the city, one of the ways that i figured out it would make it possible is to building a chain of Distribution Barns, since distribution barns always look for the closest storage, you can make them send all the way to the city by making the next bar closer to following than the previous, even one square unit would be enough to avoid items being sent back to the original point (I made some tests, dont know how accurate they are in the long term).

But i was planning to make the city an industrial place, where all the raw materials are processed. One thing i realized that it will make this a problem is how to send back tools and cloths to the far edges. Since then i have been looking for a mod that will allow me to do that, or maybe i will just have to wait for the workers to go grab it themselves every once in a while. I could make them on each small concentration of countryside villagers, but that is not the optimal for what i intend. Is there a mod that reworks how the distributions of goods works?

Another one is the trade system, its just too easy to trade anything for anything in the game, specially with the charcoal production, so, is there a way to make the trade system more fair to the traders? They sell stuff for more or they buy the same thing for less? I know its a bartering system, but still, the trades should make profit anyway.

One small question about the RedKetchup canal system mod, i just downloaded it and i wonder if it will work in an already existing game with the most recent MegaMod. Do i need to start a new game to have it?

Another question is, can a bannie take food from someone else's house? Lets say a bannie is walking around hungry and there are a few houses just by his side, but his own is a considerable more distant, will he pick up food from those houses?

That would be all i guess, sorry if i put too many questions unrelated to mods.

Thanks for the help!

RedKetchup

the condition about the new canals in a saved game is : you need to make sure to delete all previous MM canals in the saved game before upgrading.
and then use the new canals icons placed in the community icon => RK => MC
you will instantly crash if you click on old icons placed by the megamod.

-------

there is no way to decide 2 price for each objets, the only thing, there is a code to tell to the trader a list of flag "wanted" (which is full price) and a list of flags he can "buy" which will be less. this is why there is a trader already in game who will give you 3 trade for a firewood instead of 4 trade. the % is hardcoded invisible and we cant decide the number of % which seems to be roughly 75% of the price.
but there is a minimum of 1 trade value and cant go lower than that so if you sell 1000 cabbage at 1 trade each, you cannot say 0.75 trade. 1 is the minimum

------

there is no way to control product units like you wish but you can try my warehouses. you ll have to do manips manually though.
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=242
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

i normally make clothes and tools in each area.this way there is a balance of goods stored everywhere to keep bannies supplied.with various mods,you can build a small tailor and blacksmith so the outputs won't be overly high and then build the higher grade buildings in your city.the other thing you can use to control movement of goods is the many markets.with CC,you have small market carts that are item specific. a clothing market will run and store clothing.thus saving all the other bannies from having to make the trip.
    the other thing i try to do,that does work on medium sized towns,is keep ;aborers scatterred throughout all areas. if you need 4 workers in 1 area,build 3 houses.this should give you 2 workers who run arounnd helping others out. they will drop the items they carry all over and help scatter items.

Fellow Villager

hi red, can people not working in it take stuff from warehouse?

RedKetchup

nothing can be taken from a warehouse as same as a trading post.
they are hoarding

if you want citizens get access, you need to release the goods for consumption
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .