News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Lumber being put on Minerals Stockpile

Started by galensgranny, September 29, 2017, 10:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

The lumber cutters are placing the cut lumber on the "Minerals" stock pile, rather than on the "Construction" stock pile (or even on the wood pile).

I am using one of Necora's lumber cutters- from the Maritimes Inshore.  I also have the Delvers Specialized Stockpiles that Embx61 added new custom flags (http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=285).

I recently started using a mod with the file name "New Limit String Table".  I think that is made by Red Ketchup.

I do not use CC or MegaMod.

Does anyone know where the lumber is supposed to go, and how I might have that happen?

galensgranny

I started a new game and instead of Necora's lumber cutter, I used Red Ketchup's, but still the lumber is put on the "Minerals Stockpile". So it seems something is not right with Delvers Specialized Stockpiles that Embx61added new flags to.  Or could it be something else?

RedKetchup

Quote from: galensgranny on September 30, 2017, 12:12:27 AM
I used Red Ketchup's, but still the lumber is put on the "Minerals Stockpile".

is the Forest Center on top of your mod list ? (or near the top?) cause inside it ... it is stated that Lumber should be a "Construction Limit Flag"
   RawMaterialFlags _flags = Custom5;

and custom5 = Amount of stored construction materials

maybe there is something about the stockpile itself ?

do you want my own personal stockpiles ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Necora

I can confirm that all maritimes lumber is also Custom5 which is construction.

galensgranny

Red Ketchup, no I did not have your Forest Center near the top of the mod list.

I can try that, but I am suspicious that is not the problem, since it is doing it to Necora's wood cutter as well.

Yes, Red Ketchup, I would like your stock piles.

RedKetchup

Quote from: galensgranny on September 30, 2017, 01:33:18 PM
Red Ketchup, no I did not have your Forest Center near the top of the mod list.

I can try that, but I am suspicious that is not the problem, since it is doing it to Necora's wood cutter as well.

Yes, Red Ketchup, I would like your stock piles.

here you go :)
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2036.0

galensgranny

Thanks!  I'll play a game and see how things go.

RedKetchup

Quote from: galensgranny on September 30, 2017, 05:56:45 PM
Thanks!  I'll play a game and see how things go.

if your lumber doesnt not get stored in my construction stockpile, which will mean there is a mod between forest/necora one and the top there is changing the flag of lumber

galensgranny

Still the same problem with lumber going on the minerals stock pile (Red Ketchup version this try).  So, it was not anything to do with Embx's stock piles.

I don't know how to know what mod is changing things, so I guess I have to do it the long, slow way and take most things out, put back one at a time to see what might be causing the problem.  As for this load order business, that gets confusing.

RedKetchup

Quote from: galensgranny on September 30, 2017, 10:17:09 PM
Still the same problem with lumber going on the minerals stock pile (Red Ketchup version this try).  So, it was not anything to do with Embx's stock piles.

I don't know how to know what mod is changing things, so I guess I have to do it the long, slow way and take most things out, put back one at a time to see what might be causing the problem.  As for this load order business, that gets confusing.

tell me the name of the mods between my stockpile and the top one (included)
this is one of those

RedKetchup

Quote from: galensgranny on September 30, 2017, 10:17:09 PM
As for this load order business, that gets confusing.

not really, should not be. there is a mod that has the wrong flag, once found, once fixed, should not have any problems for noone.

galensgranny

I got the problem fixed.  I took out all the mods, then added them back a few at a time, starting with those that would be "innocent" (such as Kid's houses sets). 

I found I had a file just named "stringtable", or something like that so I deleted it.  It might have gone with something I had in the past that I deleted not knowing or seeing that "orphan" file.

I also did not add back, "newlimitstringtable.rsc" or "Commontoolbarstringtable.rsc".  One of them I downloaded thinking I needed it, and the other I do not know why I had it.

In addition, instead of adding back embx61's mods as singles, I downloaded his unified mod that had all I already had, plus some extra things. 

I put your stockpiles at the top, Red Ketchup.

With all of the above, load order of various things are different, which may play a part in things working well.

All works even better than before. The bannies are putting lumber on the construction stock pile, made from both your Red Ketchup lumber windmill, and also Necora's lumber cutter tent. But something very improved is that it's not taking as long to exit totally back to desktop.  It used to take as long to stop playing totally as it did to load, sometimes longer.

RedKetchup

i think you've downloaded some files provided to the other modders as example, a .rsc is not a mod.
a mod to be used by players are .pkm
a .rsc is a text file with instructions we use to compile to make a mod. I dont see how it could alter your game though unless the file you deleted was a .pkm (stringtable.pkm) ?

so now it is all good ?

galensgranny

I think the file "stringtable" that I deleted might have been a pkm but I am not sure. 

I also had in my mods "Nordicwarehouse.pkm" and "Nordicwarehousestringtable.rsc".  I thought I needed both.  I took both out when I was trying to solve my problem and did not add them back.  So, all the "rsc" files are NOT for users of mods. 

Yes, all is now good!  :)   Thanks!

RedKetchup

Quote from: galensgranny on October 01, 2017, 02:30:40 PM
I think the file "stringtable" that I deleted might have been a pkm but I am not sure. 

I also had in my mods "Nordicwarehouse.pkm" and "Nordicwarehousestringtable.rsc".  I thought I needed both.  I took both out when I was trying to solve my problem and did not add them back.  So, all the "rsc" files are NOT for users of mods. 

Yes, all is now good!  :)   Thanks!

some of *******stringtable.rsc are provided to some "translator modders" in case they want to make another language translation of that mod (for example, translate to german)
but that file .rsc is useless to players :)

i personally dont provide them right away, i wait translator modders send me an email or a PM to get it :)