Can the durability, insulation, tradevalue and production counts be in the choic

Started by donwolfkonecny, March 23, 2019, 08:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: donwolfkonecny on March 24, 2019, 12:09:45 PM
If you want bug fix for the update, I would consider it a bug that for the Professions are not in Alphabetical order. For example Butcher and Dairyman are out of order
I always struggle to find Butcher

oh i tried that one day, and i dont know why, once every 2 game it was crashing my setup. i think @Nilla  also experimented it if she remember....
i prefer to not retry. there are more than 10,000 who use this mods and who have save towns... i always try to dont screw them by choices.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

donwolfkonecny

Are they ordered randomly? Or is there some sort of order? Maybe order in which the mods were loaded?

RedKetchup

no they all have a position number. all vanilla one are set by the profession list file of the game. we us, try to set our new profession to fit in that list by choosing its order number.

yes, just have to change the numbers around seems easy... it is... but as i said, one new map on 2 tries , it was crashing people. so it is a choice.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

It´s been a long time ago since you made these experiments with the changed order of professions and I can remember some crashes by testing. So I agree; no changes.

@donwolfkonecny; I often set the profession at the menu of the production site. Those "odd" professions you don´t have so many of like Butcher and Dairyman are much easier to set there right after it´s built. In this case, it doesn´t matter where they are at the menu.

To clothing; As far as I know, people need a new coat about every 4th-5th year. It can somehow be tweaked by the modder because in @Tom Sawyer´s "Ironman" they need one more often. The only difference between warm, fair coats (wool and hide) and ragged clothes (no coat) is that the Bannis need to go home more often to get warm when it´s cold if the coats aren´t perfect. It´s not a huge difference. It´s been a long time since I really looked into it but if I remember it right, the person with warm coats didn´t need to go home at all, the one with fair coats 1 or 2 times in winter the one without coat 2 or 3 times. Of course, this depends on temperature and warm coats pay off more on "harsh" than on "mild".

I like the way @RedKetchup has solved the names of the clothes in RKEd! To call everything "hide coat" or "warm coat", except the traditional wool coat (it´s vanilla I don´t want the name changed) is great. To get a warm coat you need 2 different materials. That´s fine with me if it´s a little bit trickier to produce warm coats. If you have pastures with sheep you can often have "tons" of wool and often not enough of a second material to "work it away" to warm coats. So a warm coat only from 4-5 wool would be practical but also make the game easier. That´s why I prefer it the way it is.