Author Topic: Trader does not stop  (Read 195 times)

Offline Glenn

• Vendor
Trader does not stop
« on: October 13, 2017, 10:35:04 PM »
Is anyone having a problem with the trader not stopping at the trading post?
I am having a problem where at a certain point in the game the trader will always cease to stop at the trading post.
I thought it was a mod conflict, but I'm unable find where the problem is other than it only happens in games where I am using CC.
Any ideas?

Offline Tom Sawyer

• Modders
  • Architect
Re: Trader does not stop
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 02:03:51 AM »
That's a known problem but we don't know the cause exactly. It occurs especially on lake maps and if the trading post is away from the main river. It also seems to occur more often with certain modded trading posts. Nilla solved it on a lake map with building a vanilla trader instead of one from the DS village set. Maybe the internal points of this model are too close or so and the game cannot create a correct path along water tiles in some cases. So you only can try another trading post and/or another location more near the main river.

Offline Glenn

• Vendor
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 04:13:06 PM »
Yes, I tried that, I was using a NMT canal Trading post and added a Kidd TP on a straight section of the river and the trader would still not stop at either.

I then when back through numerous saved games to see what I had changed and found an old threat about the maritime covered bridges as a potential source of the problem - I'm using all the maritime mods (not pines).

The last game I played used the maritime mods with covered bridges across the river and everything worked perfectly   (and many other mods - Kidd, EB, DS, RK etc)

This game I'm using CC as well and as soon as I placed two maritime covered bridges across the river and the trader worked for two visits before he decided not to stop any more.

So I have now removed the maritime covered bridges and the trader has started to stop once again  -- so far so good.

Next I will place the covered bridges away from the river and see if that causes the problem to reoccur.

The last time I had this problem was when i was using CC and Maritime.

Thanks for your suggestion

Offline Glenn

• Vendor
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 06:47:12 PM »
Having spent most of Sunday playing this particular town I have had no further issues with the trader once I removed the Maritime covered bridges from the river.

I would appear that there is conflict between CC and the Maritime mod that is at the root of this particular problem.