News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Big City RKEd

Started by Nilla, June 10, 2019, 09:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

It´s been a while since I wrote anything here on WOB. I wasn´t well but now I´m better. I actually started a new game last week. I wasn´t sure how much I could play and also didn´t try anything really new, so I didn´t blog it.

I wanted to really fill a map to its limits. That´s why I chose a small mountain map. I want to squeeze as many people as possible into that limited area, so I choose RKEd wit the space-saving NMT houses. Everything went perfectly well until now. First a crash. After I restarted the game, everything seemed to work well, no more crashes but after a while, I realized that there were no new families. In the new houses only separated couples moved in. I had a save from a bit earlier, that I reloaded but unfortunately the same thing happened. Now even earlier than the first time; no new couples and after a while again a crash.

My question; have anyone built a large city with RKED or do you know anyone who has?

This town has a little less than 3000 inhabitants. To my experience Banished has its issues with large towns. Maybe not as early as 3000 but RKEd is a big mod and it wouldn´t be surprising if troubles start earlier. But still, it´s annoying. 

RedKetchup

about the divorces.... did you had more home than family ?
sometime when citizens have jobs to do very far is a bad thing for who will get the new house.
the game tend to wait a bit... and if no new couple didnt met because they half way they are going and dont change their priority list before they arrive and do 1 work unit on what they had to do .... then it divorce a couple.

about the crash... no idea.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

WB,glad you are feeling better.

moonbelf

WB Nilla and glad you're better :)

I use RKEC 1.3 and have had no crashes but then I've never reached 3000 bannies. As for divorces, I think Red is right about the cause.

Nilla

Thanks!
About the divorces;
I had about 100 more possible families than homes, so there are a lot of potential new inhabitants to fill the houses. And since I have something like 1000 unemployed laborers, I doubt that every one of them is too busy to get married (other than filling the streets by walking between different idling places). I guess that it´s a bug. Not basically connected to the mod but to the game itself. My suspicion is that RKEd is such a large mod that these troubles come earlier than in an unmodded game or in a game with smaller mods.

I´ve started a new game with the same goal; to fill the map. First I thought of playing unmodded but I decided to go with the raw house mod from @kid1293. It´s also space saving but far smaller than RKEd. Maybe I should start a blog. We´ll see.

RedKetchup

so sad to hear you will be missing the most beautiful things made :P

i dunno if i can maybe try to make a version X-tra light :P
just base game and no deco/house/canals. (the light version minus all the fancy housing, i mean)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

Maybe it is time to find time to make modules Mr @RedKetchup   :)

grammycat

An x-tra light version sounds very good.  Everyone could enjoy the beauty of your terrains and natural resources, even those with weaker pc's and laptops.

Nilla

In this case, an extra light version isn´t helpful. In fact, I downloaded the normal light version yesterday but I miss the NMT houses and the 2 and 3 floors of the corner buildings. I have the NMT buildings as an old separate mod but I´ve never seen the corner housing as separate.

In any case, it made a lot of fun as long as it lasted. I hope the present game will be fun, too.