Food Consumption Discrepancy: my guys are eating 75 food/year -WRONG!

Started by irrelevant, October 17, 2017, 04:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

My village's pop is 1600.

My ale production last year was 11,630, which would have used 34,890 fruit.

My total food used was 147,273. Less fruit used to make ale leaves 112,383 food eaten by 1600 bannies.

Something's not right.  (Also, I'm suspicious of the ale production figure, it seems low for 36 taverns, ten year average is 16,886/year).

Ten year numbers:

Ale production 168,860 requiring 506,580 fruit.

Total food used 2,122,603. Less ale leaves 1,616,023 food eaten. Seems closer, although my pop has been falling; ten years ago it was ~1800

What the heck?

Gatherer

We know that Bannies eat ~100 units of food per year. But do they eat just once a year (100 units) or once per season (25 units)? If they eat once per season and a Bannie is born in winter he/she will then only have eaten 25 units that year.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

irrelevant

Quote from: Gatherer on October 17, 2017, 02:37:02 PM
We know that Bannies eat ~100 units of food per year. But do they eat just once a year (100 units) or once per season (25 units)? If they eat once per season and a Bannie is born in winter he/she will then only have eaten 25 units that year.
Actually I have studied this out, they return home to eat every other month, 6x/year, ~15-17 units each time. They will consume a random amount of each single food item present in their home when they get there.

Also, I went through my taverns, actual ale production last year was 17,750 and not 11,630 as shown on the production tab.  So the numbers shown are not reliable, at least not for this town, at least not for food consumption and ale production, at least not for this past year. I'll look at this coming year as well.

irrelevant

I forgot, the other reason I think there actually is something weird going on with my food consumption is that my food graph has changed.

For many years it has bounced up and down reciprocal with the pop curve; now the pop curve is still doing its thing, but the food graph has changed to scraping along just beneath the food limit.

brads3

looks like the bannies got educated and organized wit6h their houses so are producing better.i take it they are right at the max food limit?whwre is the problem? i must be missing something.

JM

Do children consume the same amount of food as adults?
Do idling laborer eat less than constantly working craftsman?

irrelevant

Quote from: brads3 on October 17, 2017, 09:23:24 PM
looks like the bannies got educated and organized wit6h their houses so are producing better.i take it they are right at the max food limit?whwre is the problem? i must be missing something.
First post. Pop 1600. Food consumed 112,383. That's 70/person

irrelevant

Quote from: JM on October 18, 2017, 01:46:26 AM
Do children consume the same amount of food as adults?
Yes
Quote from: JM on October 18, 2017, 01:46:26 AMDo idling laborer eat less than constantly working craftsman?
No

irrelevant

Most recent year:

Pop 1877
Food consumed = 162,359
Ale production = 18,570 using 55,710 fruit -- 516 ale/tavern!
Food eaten = 106,649 (162,359-55710) or ~57/person

irrelevant

Okay, this might be it. I don't believe that my food consumption actually is suddenly and magically less than 100/person/year.

It is possible that when you are at the food limit, consumption no longer is calculated accurately.

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on October 18, 2017, 05:19:34 AM
Okay, this might be it. I don't believe that my food consumption actually is suddenly and magically less than 100/person/year.

It is possible that when you are at the food limit, consumption no longer is calculated accurately.

thats totally possible
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

i wonder if the food that gets left by the field that is not counted is being taken to houses and ate. so the 100 eaten by the bannies is the same but since they collect it from non-counted food it throws the numbers off.hypothetical but say a gatherer or hunter harvests at the same time a farmer clears a field.the game can't total both since it hits the limit. the food gets set down by the field not counted.

irrelevant

Quote from: brads3 on October 18, 2017, 08:19:54 AM
i wonder if the food that gets left by the field that is not counted is being taken to houses and ate. so the 100 eaten by the bannies is the same but since they collect it from non-counted food it throws the numbers off.hypothetical but say a gatherer or hunter harvests at the same time a farmer clears a field.the game can't total both since it hits the limit. the food gets set down by the field not counted.
Food that gets left in the field gets frosted and dies. Food can go to houses only from storage, never directly from fields or baskets. If it doesn't get stored in a barn or a market, it never is used.

Gatherer

Also don't forget that when Bannies die any items they were carrying get destroyed. If a vendor dies when carrying 500 units of food...
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

irrelevant

Now that food inventory has dropped from the ceiling down into the 500ks, consumption (or reporting) is still whacked.

Pop 1957

Food consumption 207,243

Ale production 14,860 = 44,580 fruit used.

Food eaten = 207,240 - 44,580 = 162,660