News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Herbalist

Started by twilightbreeze, November 01, 2017, 01:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

I have an idea, Kid. An animal husbandry/agriculture theme, with the buildings proportioned as the Twilight Herbalist and the medium stone house in the Stone House Add on and your Nordic Houses (http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=103).

There could be a College of Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry (Animal Care School).  I like the size of your Colonial School, but it can be a bit larger since it would be a college, not a local school for young children (but of course, the game will do as it always does).

A Farm Equipment Manufacturer- for our invisible plows, milking buckets, shovels, etc. (blacksmith)  Larger than your Colonial blacksmith, and a little smaller than your newest Tool Emporium smith.

I was thinking of a Veterinarian Clinic, (which would be either an herbalist or doctor office), but you just made a hospital and herbalist.  Our banished animals can just be tended to by the herbalist.

I still am interested in a park type place.  You made a "Quiet Garden" for the Mission theme, that gives happiness.  Maybe we can have a park more like a square or rectangle grassy area with a few animals in it (statures pretending to be alive) and a small fake barn as part of the Animal Care College to be the pretend place where they learn to care for animals, but it would give happiness like your Quiet Garden.

A coordinating house, of course.  I like the Nordic Houses, so maybe reuse them in different textures. I prefer no thatch.  I like the thatch roofs well enough, in the woods, but not all the time.  Thatch roofs are alien to me, having grown up in New York City. 

I would like roof textures with a multicolor look, such as those in the Gothic Fantasy theme on one F key variant.  A gray color roof is is good too if it has a texture or various shades of gray.

I like stone buildings, or part stone, so maybe you can add some stone work.

kid1293

I have to read this a couple of times.  ;)

:D :D

twilightbreeze

hey, while you are taking orders, can I have a cheeseburger, fries, and a Dr Pepper, no ice???   ;D
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

galensgranny

Quote from: kid1293 on November 04, 2017, 08:47:06 AM
I have to read this a couple of times.  ;)

:D :D

Is that because of language, as in English is not your native language.  Or is it because I wrote too much.

Should I shorten what I wrote?

kid1293

Hi @galensgranny !
No need to shorten it. I understand it well.
Maybe I should say my impression of it.

Animals have very limited interaction in Banished.
Sure, I could build a 'farm' with extensions, all designed to take care of animals.
In game it would not matter. It would be like calling buildings another name but
they would still be the same as usual. Good for role-playing but no real gain.

A smith is a smith. In game he is only making tools and I just released the mod
Tool Emporium, so no need to go back to that.
Adding unnecessary products only spam the game and the trader.

Herbalist. You said it, it is already there.

A 'park' is possible for entertainment. Not with static animals! I hate it when they
just stand there, not moving. It has to be something more innovative.
Thinking on it.

More houses? :)
I have so many houses, I can not see the need for another set.
If it were just to bring in new textures I agree. There is always room for variation.

So, if I sum it up.
A school building, a 'park' area and maybe some new houses with new textures.
This could be Central Park, NY on a very small scale. :)

Sorry if I did you unjustice by not accepting a 'veterinary theme'.
There is simply no place for it in the game as I see it.

:)

galensgranny

Quote from: kid1293 on November 04, 2017, 10:43:37 PM

So, if I sum it up.
A school building, a 'park' area and maybe some new houses with new textures.
This could be Central Park, NY on a very small scale. :)

Yes!  That is so much better than what I had suggested!  :D   Forget what I said previously.

kid1293

Now it is 'only' to picture something like a small Central Park. :)
This will take some time. I have no idea right now, 7:30 Sunday morning.

Abandoned

:) At another time in the future, I would not mind having more buildings to match the wall and roof texture of the original "happy" house Happy Haven from Houses for Sale mod. It is a really nice tower house and I think it is a little lost and forgotten in that mod.  The roof is on one of the alotofseed traders with cedar wood walls and a covering also.  Just a thought.  :)

kid1293

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.  ;)

That can very well be something in the future!
I have a lot to go through and check if I can 're-use or re-build' for something new.

galensgranny

Quote from: kid1293 on November 04, 2017, 06:43:16 AM
The textures remind a bit of Forest Outpost?

Yes!  Yes they do, not with the log houses, but with the Outpost's barn and workshop walls.  I just noticed it yesterday when I had the Forest Outpost barn and workshop out of the forest near the Twilight Herbalist house.  It's like they belong together.  This is great!

twilightbreeze

Ah poop. I wanna play The North for awhile, but apparently the Twilight Herbalist stuff kid made me is for 1.07. sigh.

I hope The North for  1.07 comes out soon.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

brads3

actually that should work. someone can correct me if i am wrong. if you play the north mod without much mods it will ignore the upgraded tags and still work as it did.the herbalist mod shouldn't use any of the new tags so it should work with the north fine.the only time you are going to run into big problems with the 1.07 is if you use CC or any of the new housing mods that were experimented with that had more than 3 materials to build. i should add i wouldn't mix DS's mods with his iron with the north.
     most mods old or new don't use the new tags so they will interchange.by using the compatibility 1.07 mod,RED's original NMT still functions and is quite useable as well. you will note stuff still stores under the older tags. totally functionable. bricks,tiles,etc.

even with the 1.07 upgrade,most older mods will still function.just be aware of the differences in storage.