News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Recreational Park

Started by kid1293, November 05, 2017, 11:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Hi. I open this thread to discuss some buildings I am doing.

It started with @galensgranny who wanted a park (and a lot more). :)

I thought it could a be small themed mod with some building surrounding the park.
A school and some houses. I don't know what the park will look like but I know
there will be some trees. Maybe fruit trees...

Today I decided textures for this and I came up with some rather friendly ones.

First out is the school. A small school. Maybe there are plans for a 'college'

edit - I checked a second texture for the walls. Maybe better.  (not both!)

galensgranny

Such a nice little school building!  I like the shape.  :) I really love the gray stone wall texture with the little chunks of stone, and I think it looks better with that roof, so if there can't be both, gray stone walls please.

Very attractive roof pattern!  :) Multi toned roofs are so nice, especially with a sort or reddish, deep orangy tone in the pattern, as in this new roof.  I like the blue-ish gray tone in it too (it seems to have a hint of blue to me on my monitor, or maybe my how my eyes perceive color.)

Yes, "friendly" textures, as you said.

Trees in the park, certainly, and fruit trees sound nice.

This is great, and so exciting!  Thank you so very much!  :)

mellowtraumatic

What a pretty roof texture.

Denis de la Rive

PredatorBeing

Love TestToo!  Great Roof!

kid1293

Then most are in favor of wall two? Me too!

I will make the school as residential house instead, it is too small for a school.
Later I will try to make granny's 'college'. Larger but same textures.
I am busy today but have started on a second house. Maybe tomorrow.

:)

mellowtraumatic

Yeah, I definitely think the grey wall texture is the one to go with. Looks the nicest with the roof.

kid1293

Another small house. Very similar in style, I like both.

DesoPL

Another fancy thing, i like it. ;)

galensgranny

I like the building being a house, and now a second style house!  :) I am glad there will be more stone walled houses.  I have been wanting more styles or textures of stone houses.  Thanks! 

kid1293

Maybe there is no real need for a school?

I will do a third house any day soon,
but right now I am thinking about a park.
I don't know how to make it.... nice?

Just put some trees there and call it a park is not nice. :)

galensgranny

There isn't really a need for a school.  With these new stone buildings, their textures and colors will coordinate nicely with the stone school with the salmonish pink roof from your Stone House Add On set.   The size seems in proportion to one another.

For the park, benches are good.  Red Ketchup has some benches but they are not ghosted to put where ever one desires.  So, you might just put some benches in that are part of the park.

galensgranny

I have been thinking a long time of a play area for the children, so maybe in the park there could be a swing and maybe a slide.  Something like the Tot Town Playground Structure slide would be nice: http://www.byoplayground.com/tot-town-playground-structure

A small gazebo would be good too.  People can picnic under them or musicians use them as a stage for outdoor concerts.  Here are several ideas: http://www.swagbucks.com/?sfp=h&t=i&p=1&isHomeMain=true&q=gazebo

Your town hall in the Kid - Tiny V1.4 Separate ( http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=336 ) is sort of already like a gazebo, if you got rid of the top half of the walls.

kid1293

The park is already swinging! :)

I have thought about a swing but a slide ... maybe.
A gazebo sounds great. Together with some benches it can fill empty spaces.

My thought is to make a park area with new trees and some static deco.
But also release the deco as ghosted items you can add yourself.
That would give some variation.

galensgranny

It's ok with no slide.  As long as there is something for children play on, such as a swing, it's good. 

I love your idea to make some of the deco ghosted, so items can be added or not, and also can then be used elsewhere.   ;D   I started making some large property homes so it would be nice for the bannies to have things to add to their yards besides the already available plants and trees.