News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Stone Bridge v1.2 (updated 05 Feb 2018)

Started by Discrepancy, December 20, 2017, 10:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elemental

I had the same problem with the floating fish crate with v1.1. I haven't seen this in 1.2 so I'm guessing it was a bug in the old version.

Discrepancy

Thanks for that info :)

@Freedom , if the End Fishing Spot is still doing this after this last update on new constructions that is something I'll need to look at again. As I just re-did the interact points fixing the non-work bug.

Also thanks for the build stage info. I'd forgotten about that... a lot of shared build models in this mod.

Thanks @elemental for all of your bug finding :)

Freedom

@Discrepancy, to be clear, I demolished the fishing end spot under v1.1 and it left the fish crate. Then saved, updated to v1.2, and rebuilt it, clearing the crate as expected.

Discrepancy

Ok :)

If you now delete a new built one it should not leave that behind I hope.

Hawk

@Discrepancy - I wasn't sure if I should post this in this topic or the Jetty bridge topic, but here it is.  :-\

In the first shot below, we see a gal fishing off the the jetty fishing spot. In the second shot we see the same gal, a couple of seconds later, walking on water to gather her catch.

Did I miss a section of bridge here, or is that just the way it is?

BTW! I like the new under bridge house and storage, as shown in the shots.  ;D
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

elemental

I'm thinking outside the box a little bit here...

Would it be possible to make a ferry crossing using modular pieces like the bridges and jetties? Not really necessary for rivers, but for large lakes it looks a bit strange having huge bridges spanning long distances. Realistically they would've just use a boat to cross the lake.

So... if there was a building at the shore that looks like a ferry wharf that bannies disappear inside, and then some underground tunnel pieces that can be placed across/under the lake, and then another ferry wharf on the other side that bannies would re-emerge from we would basically have an underground modular bridge that looks like a ferry crossing. Throw in some ghost boats to help the illusion.

Would this work, @Discrepancy?

brads3

interesting concept, @elemental. it kinda has been discussed but now we have better water options.i expand your idea and add a fishing boat with simialr access in middle of the lakes. or maybe even a trader modded like RED's train but as a ship.

elemental

I like the fishing boat idea. It would basically be the same thing as a fishing spot at the end of a long jetty, but it would look very different.

Discrepancy

This is something I have tried to do before, but so far have not had a lot of luck.

I still do think something can be done though. Just requires a lot of time.... one day ;)

Hawk

I never did get an answer to my question above, in post #19, but here's a shot of some Stone Bridge work, with a little Jetty Bridge stuff thrown in.  ;D

I'm not done yet. I'm going to further extend the section in the top right, and split it into two more land ends. Probably throw some more production facilities, storage  and houses
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Discrepancy

:) Very nice @Hawk .

I will fix the issue you have mentioned for next the Jetties release.

Hawk

@Discrepancy - Not sure what your thoughts were on not being able to demolish these buildings. Could you explain?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Discrepancy

haha, just a thing I was testing. there will always be some kind of cost attached as they generate logs and firewood for free. I will alter how these work a bit more in the new release.  ;)

Hawk

OK! That makes sense. I can live with that. It might be best to use it in a lake that is a little further out of the way, instead of the main lake on a map. That would work.  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

elemental

A building that collects wood becomes... a pile of useless wood.  ???

Even if a building makes stuff out of nothing, it still needs labour to do that. So it's never totally free.