News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Terrains And Climates

Started by Discrepancy, January 11, 2018, 11:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

DS Terrains And Climates  -  v1.0

adds new starting map terrain textures, new climates and new Tiny and X Large sized maps.

12 new Terrain Type choices with 6 new Terrain textures.
Tiny & X Large Terrain Size allowed for all terrains (inc. vanilla).
3 new Climates.

Terrain Types:
Harsh Mountains  -  Harsh Mountain Terrain textures.
Mountain Lakes  -  Harsh Mountain Terrain textures.
Harsh Plateau  -  Harsh Plateau Terrain textures.
Open Green Valley  -  Open Green Valley Terrain textures.
Plains with Lake  -  **vanilla game errain textures.
Plains without Lake  -  **vanilla game errain textures.
Lakes  -  **vanilla game errain textures.
Lush Plains with Lake  -  Lush Terrain textures.
Lush Plains without Lake  -  Lush Terrain textures.
Lush Lakes  -  Lush Terrain textures.
Red Desert  -  Red Desert Terrain textures.
Sand Desert  -  Sand Desert Terrain textures.

All terrain sizes are available as: Tiny / Small / Medium / Large / X Large

Climates:
Temperate  -  15 to 90 degF (-9 to 32 degC) - tolerance 5 - low tornado chance
Harsh Cold  -  5 to 61 degF (-15 to 16 degC) - tolerance 13 - med-high tornado chance
Harsh Hot  -  55 to 113 degF (12 to 45 degC) - tolerance 5 - med tornado chance

Download:
**download from here**

Change Log:

v1.0  --  initial release  --  12 Jan 2018

Maldrick

Oh, my!

Thank you, @Discrepancy .  This looks absolutely fantastic.

Tiny sounds interesting!
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

DesoPL

Gonna try out! i wonder if map sizes is included?  ::)

kid1293

Turis

This is an amazing job! :)
Now, I wonder what kind of conflicts I am going to find with the North mod.

Hawk

It's probably not a good idea to run this with The North. There's so much in The North mod that is designed for the terrain and temperatures built into that mod.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Turis

Well, I'm not about to ask for a compatible versiĆ³n besides we should test and see.

twilightbreeze

Ok, I'm playing the North. I installed this mod (yes, I got out and got back in). I got the choices for terrain size, and climates, but the terrain types are the North ones. No choice for Lush anything or Open anything.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

Hawk

Quote from: twilightbreeze on January 12, 2018, 04:57:25 AM
Ok, I'm playing the North. I installed this mod (yes, I got out and got back in). I got the choices for terrain size, and climates, but the terrain types are the North ones. No choice for Lush anything or Open anything.

I know this might be a silly question - but - did you place this mod above The North in the list?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

twilightbreeze

Hmmmm.....no, just below it. Let me check this......

Edit: Yup, that was it. Started  game with Open Valley/Small/Temperate......plays fine. Appears to work ok.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

brads3

good information.i was curious as to how much other mods can be used to affect the north.

Maldrick

Played around with it some earlier.  @Discrepancy seems to have really dialed it in nicely with this one.

Things that stood out:  The textures are very nice.  Multiple types of "green" terrains are lovely, for me at least, as that's generally my preference.  One of them looks like a nice putting green surface while another is more varied and rugged looking.  Lovely!  Unlike the other mod I use for Plains, he seems to have completely eliminated the annoying random hills, and that's perfect for a lot of situations.  Options for with and without lakes is fantastic.  And in X Large you only get one large lake as opposed to the five and is common.  The Tiny size offers a new option for challenging play, if you were already a fan of doing that on small maps.

Haven't played with the climates yet but looking forward to it.

Excellent addition that offers some welcome additions that will not just be fun to play with and nice to look at, but will be a big time saver, too.  Many, many thanks!
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Discrepancy

Glad everyone is liking it.

I understand the Desert maps look a bit unusual with the vanilla trees, I hope to eventually add some new trees I'm working on, but will be added separate as the Start conditions are what dictates the trees on the map.

adelegarland

Just so you all now - working fine so far with all the Necora mods and the Nat Div Mod!  Yippee!
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

taniu

@ Discrepancy :D Great job - Thank you so much, although I have not tried it yet, I'm at the stage of playing "The North" - I do not know how this mod will behave? Greetings :D