News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Market Harborough Old Grammar School

Started by Discrepancy, January 25, 2018, 04:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

adds a School building for up to 25 students, the model is based on the 1614 Old Grammar School in Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England.

DS Market Harborough Old Grammar School

v1.0 - 25 Jan 2018

I started this building model thinking it would become a kitchen for the Fishmongers mod.
But while making the textures, I thought it deserved to be released as it is meant to be...
a school.

• 25 Students
  • 1 Teacher
  • 55 Logs + 21 Stone + 105 build time
  • 2 texture variants
  • 6x6 footprint, most tiles road buildable

Download the mod from here.
DSMarketHarboroughOldSchool_v1.0_25012018.zip  --  2,936 KB (2.86 MB)  |  .pkm 4,037 KB (3.94 MB)

stringtable download for translation modding:DSMarketHarboroughOldSchoolStringTable.rsc

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Hawk

[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

galensgranny

Nice building!  I looked up the real school and it looks very much like it.  It is odd to me that they made it on purpose with an open area underneath, but then I read they used the open area for a market area.  That made sense for the people back in 1614.  My Bannies will use it as a rain or shine play area at recess.

elemental

Looks great. I like the open area underneath. That part does look very market-like.

Maldrick

Love it!  Big fan of this style and it's really cool it's based on a real place.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Gatherer

Great looking building! Pick & Hen tables will be perfect with this for a student luncheon underneath.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

taniu

@ Discrepancy :DThank you - beautiful building - very nice copy similar to the original - I saw a photo of this building in the original - Bravo  - maybe you can add a fish shop or fish market - a great idea? Regards

ancientmuse

Quote from: Gatherer on January 25, 2018, 03:04:00 PM
Great looking building! Pick & Hen tables will be perfect with this for a student luncheon underneath.

Ha, great minds think alike !

I was just thinking the exact same thing.... I use the Pick and Hen Tavern picnic tables all over the place.

So neat how the schools are open underneath, beautiful work @Discrepancy !