News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Wild oats. Wild rose hips and sticks for fire wood.

Started by liberty152, March 24, 2018, 04:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

liberty152

Hi everyone. Wow long time since I've played banished. In the past I had a mod that had stick oats and rose hips. Anyone remember what mod that was?

brads3

liberty152

liberty152

I see its supposed to be part of the North mod for sticks but i cant get the north to work..

brads3

liberty152

yes it is. what happens is when i start a new game it just sits on the loading screen.

Denis de la Rive

It looks like you are trying to use The North, in a way that it is not intended by Tom, it is very much a stand alone, even though brads3 just won't accept that.  ;) This can be the cause of your problem, there are also many problems caused by others issues like the directory that you can find discussed if you look for them. If you use lots of mods it can take a long time to load.  :)

liberty152

I let it sit for 20 minuets. I finally gave up. I'd really like it to work but it just won't.

TheOtherMicheal

Have you tried using Alt+Tab to minimize the screen? If the problem is just that the game is taking a long time to load, the Alt+Tab trick can reduce the time quite a lot.

galensgranny

If you haven't already, hit CTR ALT Delete to bring up the Windows task manager.  Then close programs that you are not using, that you know for sure aren't a problem to close.  That helped me with getting a heavily modded game to load faster. For example, I had three different "updates notifiers" running for other programs.  I think the computer would try to go online to check for updates.  Closing those was not a problem.

Even with that, it takes a good 10 minutes for my game to load.

tanypredator

It also may be that you used NatDiv+NewFlora, NatDiv last version adds gatherable firewood.