News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Rookie Challenge: 500 Farmers

Started by Admin, August 23, 2014, 07:31:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Ok rookies, here's your chance!  If you have NEVER played a challenge but really wish you could have, this is your day!

Previous challenges are now active again and will run until end of the day September 30th.  The parameters will be the same as the first time it was run. I have included the link to that challenge for you to consult. 

GOOD LUCK!

500 Farmers
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=167.0

irrelevant

This one was really fun, and I learned so much from it. You guys should try it!

mariesalias

I agree, I also learned a lot from this challenge!

Nilla

hm,,,
This was one of the challenges I choose wasn´t so interesting.
I didn´t think there was much about it. I have had more than 500 farmers in regular games.
Did I miss something? Did you set any specific rules?

solarscreen

Quote from: Nilla on August 30, 2014, 06:59:06 AM
hm,,,
This was one of the challenges I choose wasn´t so interesting.
I didn´t think there was much about it. I have had more than 500 farmers in regular games.
Did I miss something? Did you set any specific rules?

500 farmers was the minimum number to compete in this challenge. We had entries with near 1,000 farmers and I have seen maps with 1200 or more farmers since then.

So the rookie challenge would be for competitors to achieve 500 farmers and depending on how many are competing, the most over 500 wins.
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

mariesalias

The circle challenge was really fun too! And challenging. :D

Pangaea

So..... are all these re-opened challenges closed now? I'm getting up there with farmers in my save; up to 394 now, so can probably get to 500 (without spamming more farmers than is needed on each field).

solarscreen

Keep going, I'll hold it open for you!

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

Pangaea

Finally got there, 519 farmers :)

There is room for quite a bit more further north in the map, and I "only" use one farmer per orchard, so that's another 100 probably if two people were watching them. I'm using some mods for this game, though, so loading it will probably be tricky.

Bobbi

Good job! I never got to 500 farmers for this challenge, the lag just got to unpleasant when I got over 1500 pop.

irrelevant

Congratulations @Pangaea! I really like this town (not touching that download though  ;D ).

You've got a lot of space left there.  ;)

Pangaea

Yes, there is still a lot of forests, especially up north, which I can expand into. However, I'm already starting to feel the pinch from 'only' four trading posts, and it's becoming tricky to keep up with firewood demand, despite not trading anything for a darn long time. Haven't managed to keep up with housing either - at all - so things could get nasty I suppose. You see the families/housing count in the picture, and it's not great - getting down towards 50%. Is there a dangerous threshold?

I've put so much effort into this town that it would be a shame to finish before I've filled the map, so I'll try to keep going. The log issue could get tricky, though, so maybe I need to break the principle of few trading OPs to keep going and live :(

irrelevant

Look at your pop curve, if you see it start to flatten out, you have a housing problem. Once it turns flat, if you don't address the issue in time, the next step for it is to turn down.

Pangaea

Oof, it looks like it's flattening out now, which was bound to happen really, as the population has shot up, but mostly in adults.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .