News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Invalid object rectangle, has no size

Started by rageingnonsense, September 05, 2014, 04:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rageingnonsense

I made a new crop, and whenever the farmer first tries to plant the crop (place the model I assume), the game crashes and I get this error:

"Invalid object rectangle, has no size"

I have zero idea what it causing it. I made my model in Blender, exported to a .DAE file, and then used Autodesk FBX converter to convert it to FBX 6.1. The tools build it no problem, but crashes in game.

I went through all those conversions because the Blender FBX exporter was exporting files that were not building correctly with the mod tools. This was the only one I could do where the tools could generate the resources without error, and where the contents of the fbx looked correct (no mysteriously added extra materials, incorrectly named models, etc).

Any ideas? I have no idea what else to try, and I've been at this for nearly 3 days.

RedKetchup

it s maybe in your fbx, objects in the fbx have some labels

but man, i am around or even maybe less than you in experimentation. i am a total noob. but i know those things stopped me for 4-5 days. so maybe have a look.

but like i said , i m a noob ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rageingnonsense

What exactly do you mean? I noticed in the ASCII version things have names, and they all seem correct at a glance. Did you mean something else?

RedKetchup

those things check the upper window, all things have names

rageingnonsense

I'm still a little confused by that screenshot, because I use Blender.

Now is probably a good time to mention that I am very new to modeling, and come from a programming background. haha.

I do have this window in Blender called a node editor that looks kinda like that, but it is empty. I imported the Lettuce model from the example and it is empty there also.

In the object explorer, I have 4 models:

Plane001
Plane002
cotton
cottonBushel

These seem to show up in the fbx file.

Is there any more information I can provide? I really really appreciate your help.

RedKetchup

@graphite maybe can help you. i dont think i can further help you, like i said i am at my first steps :)

the only thing i can suggest is download a try out 30 days of Autodesk and see inside what Autodesk is telling you.

rageingnonsense

I understand. Thank you for trying.  :)

Do you think it would help to include my .blend file?

rageingnonsense

I solved it! Your suggestions made me pay closer attention to the different nodes I had.

I realized I had something called a vertex group (not sure wtf that is). I removed the group, which made my main mesh contain all the vertexes needed.

I think the game is not capable of understanding to look for information in a vertex group or something. Finally works!!!

RedKetchup

...... i dont even know what is a .blend file :(

i am so noob :(

RedKetchup

woooot so happy for you !!!!!!!!

Congratulations !

happy to have helped you to think and watch closer at your datas ^^