Update to 1.04beta includes bug fixes!

Started by irrelevant, October 03, 2014, 10:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slink

Nope, everything works as compiled under 095

Mahnogard

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 03, 2014, 02:38:10 PM
so... i dont need to update them ?

Well, slink beat me to answering, but since I'm here... I just fenced in my Town Hall so your mods are fine as is. And I am suddenly obsessed with building fences.  ;D

RedKetchup

lol i am happy, since 141003 everything perfect. i ve got to change a dozen of lines inside my code for the warehouse..... to match the change of the trading post cause it was crashing in 1003 while not crashing in old build :P

everything fine now
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rkelly17

Somehow I dodged the bullet on Steam yesterday--I started playing before any update and made it through the day unpatched. We'll see what happens today. So much going on that I basically start a new town every day in hopes of getting one for the Beautiful challenge.

Mahnogard

Apparently, some types of mods need to be updated to work now? I was just lucky in that I apparently wasn't using them (I'm currently enjoying slink's cute cows and RedKetchup's buildings and decorative items, which all work), but I'm seeing sighs and grumbles from a couple of modders and a bunch of users on Steam forums. I can't offer useful specifics, the signal-to-noise ratio over there is more than I can handle on a Saturday morning.

slink

I wonder if they haven't found the patch-to-the-patch?

Mahnogard

Quote from: slink on October 04, 2014, 08:29:39 AM
I wonder if they haven't found the patch-to-the-patch?

I don't think that's it, at least for some of them. One modder posted in a thread post-patched-patch and some mods just aren't taking affect in-game. Now that I'm more awake I'm going to fire up the game and do some testing because I belatedly realized I do have a couple mods that work "behind the scenes" and I never checked to see if their effects were working because I was too busy finding the perfect places to put fences. I will report back after trying the existing game, trying a mod reload on the existing game, and after trying a new game, and then trying the difference between direct pkm downloads and workshop subs of the same mods.

I was looking for an excuse to start over anyway. :D

Mahnogard

Well, that was easy - even though the mods had already been activated (and checked from within the game menu with the save loaded), post-patched-patch some were apparently deactivated and had to be reactivated from the mod menu with the save loaded. I didn't check post-patched patch, I only checked from the first mod menu before loading my save. I should have. Apparently, so should those people grumbling on Steam. But I don't feel like dealing with them right now.

ALSO, and this is a bit disconcerting - I had a combination of pkm downloads from here and BanishedMods, and also subscribed to a couple on the Workshop, and some of my downloaded ones went missing from the data folder. One was to increase school capacity, and I haven't yet figured out what the other one was that's missing. I'm pretty sure I didn't do it since I would have had to do it manually and they aren't in my recycle bin. And I wasn't drinking last night so I'm blaming Workshop.

It would not be the first time an update caused the Workshop to do weird things. In most games, I wouldn't mix Workshop / non-Workshop mods (for this very reason, actually - learned that from Civ V) but: a - beta testing and b - I got excited and wasn't paying attention.

rkelly17

So I am apparently a lucky one: no crashes. I did download the latest versions of mods before firing up Steam yesterday morning. I've created a "downloaded mods" folder where I keep various versions of everything, each in its own folder. I load them in and out of WinData from there. This is my attempt to bring the kind of organization that @Paeng was speaking of. Anyway, after up-dating the mods I fired up Steam, it auto-downloaded the latest patch, I played Banished (starting a new map) and all worked according to plan. So, as Jackie Gleason used to say, away we go!

Until the next round of updates and the next amazing new mod, of course.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rkelly17

michaelrym

I can confirm that all my mods work fine with the latest updates. I don't know what mods you have installed, RedKetchup, but chances are they will work just fine.

Thank you for the magnificent additions to the game, BTW.

assobanana76

if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

irrelevant

Update to 1.0.4, it is now out of beta.

Changes in this release:

- Increased memory usage allowed for save games. This allows larger modded maps than default to be saved safely. However at some point very large maps will crash the game due to out of memory, or textures failing to be created.
    - Trade UI now expands automatically for orders.
    - Fix a bug that caused mods to become unreferenced in save games when opening the mod dialog in game and then pressing cancel.
    - Fixed a bug that caused mods that should be unloaded to stay in memory if they were loaded at game start. This fixed random ghost buttons on the toolbar.
    - Fixed tutorials not progressing properly.

http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/2014-11-04-release-1-0-4/

slink