Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Jamie's Monastery v1.0 - Redketchup

Started by RedKetchup, October 16, 2014, 06:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Jamie's Monastery v1.0 - Redketchup

Hello everyone !

This MOD : Jamie's Monastery v1.0 is a special request from a friend :)

This mod introduce in the game a new building: Monastery. This new building is a great addition to the actual big church and its best looking is localized near it. This mod also introduce a new profession : Monks. Monks will work very hard to make handmaid books for your citizens. Books have a very high value : 400 trade value per book. You can put up to 4 monks working inside the monastery and you can only build 1 of this building.

This is a big and expansive building that has a 14x8 footprint and cost 24 wood 112 stones and 38 iron. 120 working units is needed to build this new building.

The Ui for crafting use a ribbon that will allow a future expansion : grape and wine to be added in a next update.

Books: This new crafted resource is made from : coal (coal is used for making Ink), logs ( logs are used for making paper paste and then paper) and leathers ( for the book cover)
you will have the feeling it takes long to make those, and wont make alot of them per year, thats intented. they worth 400 trade value. in medieval times, people could buy 2-3 cows for the price of 1 book... so it s  perfect like that :)

I hope everyone will like this new building 100% built with my little hands ^^ Be indulgent about my draw skills ^^

Enjoy !!!

Magic Link will appear once you are logged ON on the forum !!
If you want to download it .... you need to register on our forum ! Once you have done that, the link will appear just below this green arrow :)

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

This is great! I'm definitely going to build one of these....in about 20 years!  ;D Seriously though, it's great.  You are changing the game every day. Hats off!

irrelevant

@RedKetchup  What type of resource are books? And how do you prevent the merchants from bringing them to sell?

RedKetchup

1 coal (ink) 1 log (paper, and paper paste) 1 leather (book cover)

and 80 working units to make 1-2 books.

cant prevent merchants to sell aything in the game.

slink

Quote from: irrelevant on October 21, 2014, 03:30:37 PM
@RedKetchup  What type of resource are books? And how do you prevent the merchants from bringing them to sell?

If I understand this correctly, @RedKetchup has limited them against food, but classed them as textiles for storage and trading purposes.

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 16, 2014, 10:39:39 AM
the limits have their own numbers/parameters.

even if i ve put 'tools' as limit, books arent a tool, they are textiles.
but about the limit, there isnt a 'textile limit' and i need to put something in the UI.... so... i ll put food and i ll just hide it. it will still  be a textile for the merchants.

irrelevant

So the general goods merchant and the resource merchant will bring books? Is that from the start, or only from when they can be produced?

RedKetchup

they can sell anything all the time, even if you didnt built your first building. same with everything, like buying apple if you dont have any orchards with apple, nor even having the seeds in your townhall. you can still buy apple. you cant prevent any merchant to sell anything

irrelevant

Chon Waen

Question for you Red:

I have a vision of trying to create a city that uses books from monks as its primary and only export.  I visualize it eventually looking kinda like the Vatican or something.

I also want to try to build it so eventually absolutely everything else is imported!
Since I am also using Jamie Ramsey's "Specialized Trading Posts" mod, and Slink's "Small Markets" mod, it may be possible.
If not, I'd plan on having 1-2 woodcutters and 1-2 tailors as well per market just to provide enough clothes and firewood for survival. 

Unfortunately, the limit of 1per city pretty well curtails this.
Is there any way you can put out a 2nd version that doesn't have the 1 per city limit (everything else the same way)
I am hoping to spam loads of beautiful religious buildings all over the map the way others spam taverns, tailors, and woodcutters!

I tried to install the ModKit myself, but ran into problem after problem till I said "Screw this!"

RedKetchup

i dunno , i didnt plan to.

but if you want a special version just for yourself, i can rid of that part and recompile for you :)

Chon Waen

RedKetchup

Chon Waen

RedKetchup

Fixed compatibility with CC:GL

coal couldnt be stored in the monastery anymore, i fixed that.

Glenn

Could you put in an updated mod link for download please Red.