News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Ideas for Playing the Game Long Term

Started by snapster, October 18, 2014, 05:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solarscreen

Quote from: snapster on November 13, 2014, 06:52:46 AM
I also wonder whether an apparently proficient gamer like irrelevant exploits the fact that a non-growing town is sustainable. Being able to control the pace of this game, in light of my greater experience now, strikes me as a very big deal. I even wonder, considering how houses are stocked with food and firewood, whether keeping up with population growth after a certain point is even possible. The third thing that makes me wonder is how very large populations are fit on a map. Even reaching 1400 came to seem ambitious to me on a large valley map. Not quite sure what I'd be doing so wrong.

Have a look at the Market Circle Challenge thread where we were able to put 1,000 people inside the market circle radius. You find some value in the posts and screencaps there.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=342.0

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

solarscreen

Quote from: snapster on November 13, 2014, 06:52:46 AM
I also wonder whether an apparently proficient gamer like irrelevant exploits the fact that a non-growing town is sustainable. Being able to control the pace of this game, in light of my greater experience now, strikes me as a very big deal. I even wonder, considering how houses are stocked with food and firewood, whether keeping up with population growth after a certain point is even possible. The third thing that makes me wonder is how very large populations are fit on a map. Even reaching 1400 came to seem ambitious to me on a large valley map. Not quite sure what I'd be doing so wrong.

I would also look at the Ultimate Challenge thread where 5,000 and 6,000 people fit on the game map.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=321.0

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

snapster

Quote from: solarscreen on November 13, 2014, 06:47:36 AM
Quote from: snapster on November 13, 2014, 06:24:34 AM
I just got some poorly stated advice previously. It's also questionable if there is indeed an early point at which you would value output per worker, especially considering when it comes to farms it is liable to variability if you try to be very efficient due to weather, more than sheer output of food but whatever.

Rather than poorly stated, I would say you just didn't understand and the conversation went off the rails rather than trying to get an understanding.

I would say you don't even really know what is being referred to. Talk about going off the rails.

I would be curious to learn how others don't run out of space and how they approach the "late game" to providing sufficient firewood and food, but my verdict on this game overshadows that curiosity.

It has been explained and well documented in the challenges and other posts here on the forum.  Some have even tried to explain it all again in response to your questions.  I think you would like to understand but really don't care as you have lost interest in this game.

This is false. You aren't thinking specifically enough.

As is well attested to elsewhere, outside of this forum, along with the size and activity of this forum ironically, the game is limited. The posters collected here are more of an oddity.

Some people have found it is not the game they thought it was a many cannot get past the first or second winter.  The only thing odd here is that we concentrate on understanding, helping, and not offending so that as many can enjoy as possible.  Oh, and having the best players in the game all on this forum could be considered odd!

Empty. The discussion here obviously isn't about surviving the first or second winter, for instance. Again, you are blinded and miss the point. "Understanding, helping, and not offending" has actually nothing to do with anything.

Stop accusing of me things when you're demonstrably a disconnected poster. Stick to the game you enjoying playing rather than derailing constructive discussions that you don't like the tenor of.

snapster

Summarize those threads for me, for Pete's sake. Can you not do that? Can you not see the point to doing it? I try to stay concise.

snapster

Isn't putting 1k people within the range of a market artificial and distorted? It's the goal of a challenge, not a model. That area obviously is anything but self-sufficient.

snapster

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=321.msg4366#msg4366

:)

And the 0 foresters too, wow!! It's like you guys are playing with toys. Ingenious, I guess.

By the way, do they use only markets? I'm looking at one of irrelevant's screenshots and am wondering. ...Hmmm, I see them now. So no foresters, no gatherers. How did they make that work? I love the artificiality of it, but it can be argued it is valid. Specialization through trade.

Are cemeteries a thing? Really?

...Wait a second, are the map seeds or whatever they are especially selected for the challenge?

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=321.msg7968#msg7968

There's irrelevant's screenshot. :)

salamander

Quote from: snapster on November 13, 2014, 07:00:01 AM
Stop accusing of me things when you're demonstrably a disconnected poster. Stick to the game you enjoying playing rather than derailing constructive discussions that you don't like the tenor of.
@solarscreen's a disconnected poster ... stop kidding around ... I'm laughing so hard.  :)

slink

Quote from: salamander on November 13, 2014, 07:27:23 AM
Quote from: snapster on November 13, 2014, 07:00:01 AM
@solarscreen's a disconnected poster ... stop kidding around ... I'm laughing so hard.  :)
Hark!  What is that I hear barking in the distance.  It sounds like ... a really Big Chihuahua!!!  :o  ;D

snapster

Quite mature. Parallels those challenges. You really don't recognize how exceptional you are, and not necessarily in the best of ways? I guess that's why you find so much pride to belonging to this forum and wallow so contently in this game.

snapster

I'm done here. I do have one request. Let this thread be. Let passer-bies judge for themselves. Nothing too grave happened here. No RedKetchup wishing me to die, cursing left and right, without anything remotely similar from my side. I was nothing but constructive in that thread, and I got banned but he didn't. And then irrelevant accuses me of antics. :)

You guys are priceless.

Please, let this thread be. I promise not to post on this forum ever again.

You do kind of have a point, which I find kind of admirable. Need people like this in the world too. I just don't have the patience. Enjoy playing.

Admin

@snapster I appreciate your final statement in this thread.

You do kind of have a point, which I find kind of admirable. Need people like this in the world too. I just don't have the patience. Enjoy playing.

Good luck pushing for the changes you would like to see and ultimately to you finding the game that holds your interest and enjoyment. Let us know if and when you find that game, I'm sure others here would find it enjoyable too.