Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA: New Medieval Town : v0.4 with Cathedral Wonder

Started by RedKetchup, February 26, 2015, 05:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Hello All !

New Thread !

BETA: New Medieval Town : v0.4 with the very first Wonder in the game : Wonderful and Majestic Cathedral !

The Cathedral is the first Wonder in Banished ! This majestic piece of art is Huge ! 12x20 tiles ! takes 150 logs, 800 stones, 120 iron to build ! and 4000 work units.
This is a building that can be built only over the years. This is a structure that would pass the test of Time and last over many milleniums (like the pyramids in Egypt)

also included in this new BETA version : 3 NEW models for the first floor of the New Medieval Houses buildings. They will automatically rotate themselve as you use a model (or you can manually rotate with the 'F' key.

I really want your impressions on this new models and the wonder : Cathedral.

WARNING: With every new BETA Build : ALWAYS DO a backup save of your town and your old MOD ! we are never enough cautious !!!!! We never knows when builds aren't compatible with previous one.

If you want to participe to the BETA Phase ? ? ? Follow the green Arrow ! (also available on my OneDrive Account!)

Magic Link will appear once you are logged ON on the forum !!
If you want to download it .... you need to register on our forum ! Once you have done that, the link will appear just below this green arrow :)

EDIT: New BETA !
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Bobbi

RedKetchup

hahaha dont try to build that the very first year ! hehe without any food, any houses... just the cathedral and everyone farm material like crazy..... they all died IMO and i was only at 400/800 stones ^^ i didnt made my 1st work unit on it hehe

Chon Waen

Oh man! I just left the office, saw this in my phone, and i have solid plans (yes, its with a real gal!), now I gotta wait... Dangit!!!

RedKetchup

Dookie

Nice to see an update to this, thanks.  I was just getting back to Banished; been trying to sort out loading more mods. 

Question that might not be related:  I seem to be able to build some "town houses" and "town abodes."  I'm pretty sure I haven't ever enabled any overhaul expansion mods like CC or Fountain.  I did have this older mod called "farmyard" by shockpuppet and was wondering if these houses were included in it OR if I got these through one of your (ie. RedKetchup) housing mods (e.g. 2 Floors little house)?  In any case, I can't build them as I have no rope (no ropery building since no CC).

Would someone please list the buildings in this Medieval Town mod pack?  so then I can sort this out.  if it's posted elsewhere, my bad. 

The cathedral looks great, btw.  There's another cathedral that's based on RedK's monastery but haven't built it yet.  I'm looking forward to building this large impressive structure.

RedKetchup

the house above is not from me. none of my stuff need ropes in order to be built. all that is from farmyard and colonial charter.
my Colorful Little Houses arent included in this one, but i have a new set of same Overlap Technology Houses. you can use both too if you want.

This BETA mod so far has :

Tavern +  its 2-story residence for the tavern
Blacksmith + its 2-story residence for the blacksmith
Tailor  + its 2-story residence for the tailor
HunterCabin + its counterpart residence for the HunterCabin

Watermill and Windmill making flour for the
new Bakery + its 2-story residence for the bakery

New set of Multi-Level (3-story) Houses (same technology as Colorful Little Houses)

and the very first Wonder in Banished : The Majestic Cathedral.

Chon Waen

O.K. got the zip, time to take it home (home has no internets, I travel 2-3weeks a month and don't wanna pay $40 a month for hispeed I use only a week a month) just got back in town from last trip, so went to my desk at the office and dl'ed it to a flash drive, fyi I tend to post here from my smartphone which won't download zips for me.  Time to go home and see the new models, and build a glorious cathedral!

Dookie

Appreciate the quick answer. 

The New Medieval Town mods sound great; a search through the other threads found nice screenshots too, looking good.

It seems that Towns & Textiles mod's functionality has been added into CC, and I can't find any documentation on it anymore.  I'll just disable farmyard.pkm (and CC) to avoid confusion, although I am going to test NMT with a bunch of other standalone mods.
We'll see... Thanks again.

Chon Waen

New cathedral is great! Took my bannies about a year to build it, was fully compatible with the old version (yes I backed up just in case, and so should the rest of you), and it has a 500 citizen capacity! This makes it about as real estate to member equivalent at about 1/3 the clerics.  Its an expensive way to go, but seriously cool when you have it!

Now to try out the new residences. So far they look pretty good (have seen only the previews so far).
2 questions tho:
1) is it just the first floor residences so far?
2) will the 2nd and 3rd floors hide the diff... Wait on that question. Gonna find out for meself!

assobanana76

Red! very nice great job!!
is still a beta version because it is complete but there may be small errors by correcting or because you mean to add other buildings, resources etc.?
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Paeng

Building the Cathedral

Clearing a Site

Setting the Footprint

* checking on needed materials, conscripting farm-hands...

Piling in Materials

Construction Begins!

Stage 1 completed

Last step - Planting the Cross

Relocating Graves, Planting Trees, Gardening and Landscaping

The Area

Construction Times -
Stage 0  (Clearing site, Material Delivery, Foundation) = Late Winter '54 to Spring '55
Stage 1 (1000) = 45% in Summer '55
Stage 2 (2000) = 60% in Early Autumn '55
Stage 3 (3000) = 80% in Late Autumn '55
Stage 4 (4000) = 100% in Late Winter '55

No Farmer was harmed.
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Gatherer

Not so shabby.
http://shrani.si/f/2u/xb/EUJgRbN/nmt04.jpgRe: BETA: New Medieval Town : v0.4 with Cathedral Wonder
http://shrani.si/f/2Y/43/240FE8Zp/nmt05.jpgRe: BETA: New Medieval Town : v0.4 with Cathedral Wonder

Options.
http://shrani.si/f/3F/iq/2bN9WzGZ/nmt06.jpgRe: BETA: New Medieval Town : v0.4 with Cathedral Wonder
http://shrani.si/f/3J/By/4zg9QhfD/nmt07.jpgRe: BETA: New Medieval Town : v0.4 with Cathedral Wonder

First stair is missing.
http://shrani.si/f/18/zZ/4jujC81d/nmt08.jpgRe: BETA: New Medieval Town : v0.4 with Cathedral Wonder
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

Quote from: assobanana76 on February 27, 2015, 01:34:19 AM
Red! very nice great job!!
is still a beta version because it is complete but there may be small errors by correcting or because you mean to add other buildings, resources etc.?

both, still numbers to tweak, still errors to fix, still ALOT MORE to come.

So how guys you like it Paeng ? Chon ? Gatherer ?

(gonna check for this 1st step of the stair... what happended with it.)

So far Chon : 4 models of 1st floor, 1 model of 2nd floor, 1 model of 3rd floor. yes they all fit together :) thats the goal.
at the end will have 6 of each. bah i hope there will be ^^

Rayden

Very good job RK, looking forward to try this tonight. :)