News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA: New Medieval Town : v0.4 with Cathedral Wonder

Started by RedKetchup, February 26, 2015, 05:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paralias

i was thinking what @assobanana76 is doing with your houses and i have a new suggestion...a variant of the first floor...arches...houses to be buildable on a road..the road to pass through them

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

chillzz

Oeh that does look great.. just like the one above the river i posted a while back :)
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

Nilla

The balcony on the roof certainly looks a bit odd on that picture together with the other model.

Paeng

I answer your questions here, so you have the feedback all in the same place  :)

Quotequestion: this is the new Cathedral size? how you like it? was the changes better?
did it took more longer to make, although you seems to have a full developped size city...?

Yes, it's the Cathedral from the latest version... I feel the size is much better now, it properly "dwarfs" adjacent buildings, specially the 2 and 3 floor ones... As for building time - yeah, in a fully developed city it still seems fast  ;)  I think 8000 labor time is okay though... 800 Stone feels okay, too... but I still find it cheap with 150 Lumber and 120 Iron - you could double those two, imho (300 Lumber and 240 Iron).

The 1, 2 and 3 floor units all work fine... I really like the rounded (well, octagonal) Tower, it immediately adds 'movement' to the otherwise square/rectangular modules... I'd really love to see some arched passages or entrances, as was suggested  ;)

One piece I miss is an L-shaped module, to build compounds "around the corner"...

Personally I'm glad you reduced the "spikes", looks better now (imho)  :)

I feel one has to be a bit careful not to overdo the balconies (too many of them on adjacent houses look a bit strange), but that's the player's "problem" to choose an appropriate F-variant... so not something you'd need to worry about  ;)

EDIT
One question - is it possible to have the Cathedral surrounded completely with a stone road instead of grass? These grassy corners look rather odd...
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on April 06, 2015, 09:15:25 AM
Yes, it's the Cathedral from the latest version... I feel the size is much better now, it properly "dwarfs" adjacent buildings, specially the 2 and 3 floor ones... As for building time - yeah, in a fully developed city it still seems fast  ;)  I think 8000 labor time is okay though... 800 Stone feels okay, too... but I still find it cheap with 150 Lumber and 120 Iron - you could double those two, imho (300 Lumber and 240 Iron).

alright , thanks for suggestions :)
done!

One piece I miss is an L-shaped module, to build compounds "around the corner"...

corners will come at some points... i have fun with shops for now :)

EDIT
One question - is it possible to have the Cathedral surrounded completely with a stone road instead of grass? These grassy corners look rather odd...

sure ! testing that right now :)

RedKetchup

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 06, 2015, 11:14:41 AMdone! in next build it should be ok for that

Yeah, that's cool - this way we can really build a plaza around the cathedral...  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 06, 2015, 11:14:41 AM
done!

in next build it should be ok for that :)

<Montgomery Burns voice>Excellent!</Montgomery Burns voice>

iloveyou

Hello,RedKetchup!
  I'am a BANISHED lover of China.Few days ago,I saw your MODs-- New Medieval Town-- at WORLD OF BANISHED and felt very interesting in them.I recommend your mods to my friends,they all like it,too.but a serious problem is that a lot of my friends can't uderstand English very well,include me ^o^.So I want to get the stingtable.rsc file from you so that I can translate MOD's English into Chinese and let more and more Chinese people love your MOD!
                                                                                                                                                                                  Your sincerely
                                                                                                                                                                                             JACK
PS  My E-mail address is 1059157192@QQ.com

RedKetchup

sure ! they are all already in this thread http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=817.0 but i still can send you personally the stingtables :)