News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Hide items

Started by assobanana76, March 09, 2015, 06:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

assobanana76

how I can hide items to my vegans citizens?
I would buy by merchant hide coats to make the scarecrows .. but just for that!
I would not want that people then begin to wear them!  >:(
how can I do?
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

salamander

If you trade for them, the trader at the trading post will move them out to a barn or market.  Once there, I don't think you can keep your bannies from getting them.

Some of the storage mods might let you restrict items, but I've never used them so I can't say for sure.

kee

You can try to up the demand at the trading port- set inventory to xxx leather coats, even if you have none in your barns. When you buy from that boatman, chances are none of your bannies will get hold of them before the trader. How to get the coats then over to the scarecrows I leave for you to figure out since that's got me stumped.
Kim Erik

irrelevant

Quote from: kee on March 09, 2015, 07:16:20 AM
How to get the coats then over to the scarecrows I leave for you to figure out since that's got me stumped.

Yeah, I can't figure that one out either

rkelly17

You could always very politely ask @RedKetchup to do a vegan version of the scarecrow. He has been known to do special request mods in the past.

salamander

Quote from: rkelly17 on March 09, 2015, 07:45:38 AM
You could always very politely ask @RedKetchup to do a vegan version of the scarecrow.
Maybe in conjunction with @slink's cotton mod for making the coats.

Gatherer

Hijacking this thread for a quick question since we're talking about hiding items.

Why are item names still listed in town hall inventory even if you have none of those items?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Bobbi

I know if you have EVER had something it will show up on the list, and will not go away just because you have none of something now.

RedKetchup

hiding items and deleting 0 ressources are out of the toolkit ability. it is inside the game code itself. nothing can be done for that, unfortunatly.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Ross Rossford

You could try getting the Scarecrow's construction progress as far as possible, making a save and releasing a single hide coat from your TP's inventory. Then you just have to hope your builder snags it before anybody else does, and reload if not. Could get tedious if it doesn't work out but I'm not sure what other options there are aside from a mod of the scarecrow as others have suggested. :(

irrelevant

This is about as good as it's going to get, I think. The only other thing I can suggest is to hit the scarecrow under construction with the priority tool right before you unpause, and perhaps a few times after.

What does a vegan town do for coats, anyway?

RedKetchup

they are nudist ? vegan and nudist goes in pair ? :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Chon Waen

I would think that importing wool would be ok. Its not like the sheep mind. Overall, I do believe they tend to be quite happy to have all that hot hair off. Much like I'm happier after my June haircut!

assobanana76

ok! last night I had the light that I have just discovered also Rossford had.
I can buy a limited number of hide coat (eg 20) put the game on pause, order the trader to keep in the inventory the exact number of hide coat bought and put in "no work".
when the builder has reached the point of putting the coat @ the scarecrow I select a number in less than coats (eg 19)
Then I just have to hope that the builder is the fastest of the village !!!  ;D ;D
as saying irrelevant, perhaps, the priority can help!  ::)

to respond to other, the vegans citizens dress cotton and linen produced by the related cultures created by the mod CC: EA.

and I dare not ask a scarecrow vegan Red because already has done so much for me, leaving me to fly in the air a 3rd floor without that no child falls down the stairs!  ;D ;D
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Nilla

It might also help to reserve the leather clothes for the scare crows, if you have a lot of vegan clothes for the population on every market, before you let the coats leave the TP. Otherwise I am afraid that the vendors might be quicker, than the builders/workers of the scare crow.