News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Hide items

Started by assobanana76, March 09, 2015, 06:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paralias

@assobanana76 you are absolutely right.... i live in Athens and the taste of almost everything we eat here havent 1/1000 the taste of the ones my father grows in my village...

RedKetchup

made from dust you will return to dust ! evrything is recycled, nothing is lost :)
thats the way of the nature :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

A Nonny Moose

Quote from: assobanana76 on March 17, 2015, 08:37:42 AM
Quote from: A Nonny Moose on March 17, 2015, 08:32:06 AM
Trust your balcony grown stuff.  Plants are good at filtering out toxins.
also that of an incinerator??
they burn all and all go in air!
Here in Ontario, the City of Mississauga has a downtown incinerator for recycling, and the waste water fountains outside the building are potable.  I suppose it depends on how good the scrubbers are at that plant.

For Europeans, I think I saw that the city of Vienna also has a similar plant in the city downtown area.

Why not do a little check on the technology?  Have you ever visited that plant?
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

assobanana76

I live in Italy. and I think I said everything.
the incinerator is out of all the limitations imposed by law but no politician does anything.
even the various committees of citizens have never taken effect.
and people (mostly elderly) continues to vote for the same politicians who live thanks to the (proven) substantial bribes.
however, the current mayor has promised that it will be turned off ..... in 2018!
so no, I think I made the right choice, not eating those vegetables.
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Nilla

I am sure you made the right choice, @assobanana76. I have worked with waste disposal and other environmental technical matters for 40 years. I didn't want to say anything at first to hurt your Italian pride, but  incinerators are very difficult to run proper and if they are not, they do "spit out" real evil stuff. And i wouldn't trust the Italian authorities, even if you don't live in the south.

assobanana76

@Nilla
that is south or north in Italy changes little.
the ill-policy is common to the whole nation.
in any other serious country, health authorities would close the incinerator on the same day the limits were exceeded.
in my town hiding data and refer the closure of election in election for the past 10 years.
I try in vain to sell my house to move to another city but, thanks to the incinerator, selling it worth so little that I could not buy anything else that is not a ruin!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

A Nonny Moose

Povera Italia.  The Patron-Client system seems to be still in force even after the fall of the Roman Republic.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

assobanana76

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on March 19, 2015, 05:26:02 AM
Povera Italia.  The Patron-Client system seems to be still in force even after the fall of the Roman Republic.
and it will be a long time, unfortunately!