News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Brugle: Kaiyana Ladarin (Adam and Eve with everyone educated)

Started by Brugle, March 11, 2015, 06:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brugle

@Nilla suggested that I try to get everyone educated using the Adam and Eve mod, and report how I did.  I began a village using no other mods, but I did reject one or two random seeds before finding one that looked reasonable.
Seed: 9626904
Type: Mountains
Size: Small
Climate: Harsh
Disasters: On
Start: Adam and Eve

Year 1.  The house was built first, since Kaiyana was 19 (rather old) when she was banished.  The gatherer was built and Kaiyana began gathering, but the game thought it best to switch to Ladarin (though they live in the same house).  A daughter, Delanet, was born in summer.  The wood cutter quickly cut enough firewood to last through 2 winters and was shut down.  The blacksmith was under construction.

Year 2.  The last of the initial tools was taken in late summer.  In late autumn, with 1018 food in the storage cart and 219 food in the house, the gatherer was shut down, so Ladarin could help build.  The blacksmith produced 8 iron tools (before anyone became toolless) and was shut down.    Here's a screenshot with the school under construction:

assobanana76

oh! wow !!
you know you can climb the windows UI?
to make them smaller and have a larger window to play ..
there is also a mod that makes translucent!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Brugle

assobanana76

Quote from: Brugle on March 12, 2015, 06:15:06 AM
Quote from: assobanana76 on March 12, 2015, 01:33:03 AM
you know you can climb the windows UI?
No.  I know little about mods.

is not a mod. you have to go in the game settings.
below is an example with the UI small and translucent:

if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Brugle

Brugle

Does anyone know the effect of poor health?  During this time, Kaiyana and Ladarin went from 3 hearts to 2.5.  Kids (with 5 hearts) are keeping the overall health OK.  This would help me decide when to build a herbalist and keep it staffed.

Year 3: The school was opened in summer, in time for Delanet to enroll.  The hunting cabin was also completed in summer, but was not opened until autumn when deer wandered into its range.  The first dirt roads were built.  The cutter made some firewood.  A son, Sedricky, was born in early autumn.  A deer was killed in winter, so the hunting cabin was shut down to allow material collection.  (I saw the game change jobs at least 3 times this year, with people living in the same house.)

Year 4: The hunting cabin was reopened, another deer was killed, and the cabin was shut down.  The cutter was open for a little while.  A daughter, Emalia, was born in early autumn, when Kaiyana was 37. :D In late autumn, Delanet became an adult and the school was shut down.  The tailor was completed in winter and began making hide coats.

Year 5: The tailor finished making 10 hide coats and was shut down.  In late spring, a barn was completed near the gatherer and the storage cart began to be removed.  The blacksmith made 8 more iron tools.  The cutter made a little more firewood.  More dirt roads were built.  The gatherer was reopened.  In late summer, the school was reopened, Sedricky became a student, the 2nd wood house was completed, and Sedricky and Delanet moved in.  The hunting lodge was reopened again, but no deer were caught and it was shut down when deer moved out of its range.  A son, Conardo, was born to Delanet in late autumn.  The hunting lodge was reopened once again, still trying for the 3rd deer kill.  (Enough detail of opening and closing and dirt road building. :P)  Here's a screenshot:

Nilla

Well done! You managed to get the first child educated, now I suppose it's getting easier.

To harts:I think that the productivity goes down as the health gets worse. If you look what your people are doing, they are sometimes visit the herbalist, also if you have none. In that time they don't work= less productive. I haven't noticed any other problems. There were some rumours at the beginning that they get sick more easy, but I can not confirm that.

Brugle

Quote from: Nilla on March 14, 2015, 04:42:04 PM
To harts:I think that the productivity goes down as the health gets worse. If you look what your people are doing, they are sometimes visit the herbalist, also if you have none. In that time they don't work= less productive. I haven't noticed any other problems.
I frequently noticed people "visiting the herbalist", but I don't think eliminating that is worth a dedicated worker right now.  I'll wait a few years.

RedKetchup

oh ya, to have an herbalist help alot at begining till you get a good diet.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Brugle

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 14, 2015, 10:46:13 PM
oh ya, to have an herbalist help alot at begining till you get a good diet.
I know that having an herbalist helps improve health (when diet is not so good).  My question is, what is the effect of better health?

RedKetchup

supposely, better health = less idle time or better resistence to sickness :P

not sure though ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Brugle

Year 6: Emalia enrolled in school in early autumn.  Sedricky became an adult in early winter.  An herbalist could be staffed without much difficulty with 4 adults, so it was under construction.

Year 7: A daughter, Mannika, was born to Delanet in early spring.  The herbalist was completed.  Conardo enrolled in school in late autumn.  In early winter, Emalia became an adult, the 3rd wooden house was completed, and Conardo and Emalia moved in.

Year 8: A son, Yandell, was born to Emalia in early spring.  The forester was completed.  A 36-grave cemetery was built.  Kaiyana and Ladarin are in their late 50s and Ladarin is the teacher (at the moment), so I decided to always have a laborer.  A daughter, Idellie, was born to Delanet in late winter.  Here's a screenshot:

Brugle

Year 9: Mannika began schooling in early spring.  Conardo graduated in spring.  In early autumn, a son, Carly, was born to Emalia, the 2nd hunting cabin was completed (when there were no deer within the range of either cabin), and  Kaiyana died of old age when she was 63 (younger than me).  A small bridge was built to the east.

Year 10: Yandell began schooling in early spring.  In summer, Mannika graduated and the 4th wood house was completed, but Yandell and Mannika didn't move in until late summer.  A son, Melises, was born to Emelia in early autumn.  A daughter, Arriet, was born to Mannika in late autumn.  Idellie began schooling in late winter.

Year 11: Ladarin died of old age when he was 71.  Yandell graduated in summer.  Carly began schooling in early autumn.  I didn't know whether to start building the trading post well to the north or well to the west of the village, and chose north.

Year 12: A daughter, Essika, was born to Emalia in early spring.  Materials had been collected for the trading post in late spring, but the house of Ladarin and Kaiyana was still empty and Idellie would graduate soon, so I kept the job assignments. In early summer, Idellie graduated, she and Carly moved into the empty house, and builders were assigned.  In early autumn, Melises started schooling and a son, Yanden, was born to Idellie.  In late autumn, the trading post was completed and Arriet began schooling.  A son, Laurenton, was born to Mannika in early winter.  Carly graduated in winter.  (I guess that's enough about births, beginning school, and graduating.)  Here's a screenshot: