News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

TradingPost Sync Button

Started by Trizeropz, March 17, 2015, 03:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trizeropz

hello, my idea is to add a sync button for all trading posts. if you build a big city with lots of trading posts and you want to set the firewood up from 4000 to 8000 or you want to buy more food/wood/leather you need to change all values in all of your trading posts. annoying and time wasting. the button should sync all the inventory values and purchase values to the same like the trading post were you pushing the button. it is possible to do something like this? extended: another button to add a trading post to the sync group. if this button isnt set, the values in the trading post will not change by a sync from another trading post. only the trading post with the 'sync group button' set will synchronize

irrelevant

Excellent idea! I can't imagine how much time I have futzed away fiddling around with all the TP settings.

RedKetchup

that would be a great idea ! but unfortunatly , impossible to make for a simple moddler. only the developper can do something like that.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

salamander

That is a good idea.  Since it seems the game's still beta, maybe the dev would still be willing to take suggestions.  I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of indication in housing screens that makes it clear what the families are ... maybe through indenting, or with color.

Brathaehnchen

Quote from: Trizeropz on March 17, 2015, 03:04:54 PMif you build a big city with lots of trading posts

Do you need so many trading posts?  :o
I need a maximum of 4 pcs. With the Mod  Specialized Trading Posts that works pretty simple.
Or have I now understood that all wrong, it's also 4 clock in the morning.  ::)

RedKetchup

Quote from: salamander on March 17, 2015, 06:48:11 PM
That is a good idea.  Since it seems the game's still beta, maybe the dev would still be willing to take suggestions.

??? game isnt in beta

it is even totally done . he is only porting it to linux/mac and thats all.

for us : he will never touch it again, he is passing to other things. he has 3-4 ideas... will start to code them and the one he will be the most excited.... he will make that one.

RedKetchup

copy de mails between me and him :

ME:
Hello Luke !

it is been awhile. How it is going ? Are you still working on Banished ?

i am slowly getting back to modling after a break :) and i have a question :)
About the footprint files, which program do you use to make those ? is that a special 'brush' or something you use to make that brown and black ground effect ? is it available ? ( i really cant succeed to make those any near enough and it is always super ugly lol ) you certainly not doing it dot by dot !! ^^ hehe. any tips ?

Any news coming for Banished (out of porting to other platform) ? any updates ? any changes ? while porting to other platform, do you make changes for building animations, new models, new buildings, flag creations.. etc ?
Are you planing to do an expansion ? or another theme city building ? or Banished 2 ?

i stop... too many questions already ^^.

in hope to get some news and tips :)
Regards,
Redketchup

Him:
Hi,

I had a dirt texture somewhere - I forget if it was painted or from a photograph. I just imported the texture into GIMP and used various tools to make it transparent at the edges.

I'm focusing mostly on the ports - I have some designs in the works for new projects - but I'm not sure which one I'm going to be working on until I prototype them and decide which is the most fun.

-Luke

Nilla

Quote from: Brathaehnchen on March 17, 2015, 07:53:34 PM
Quote from: Trizeropz on March 17, 2015, 03:04:54 PMif you build a big city with lots of trading posts

Do you need so many trading posts?  :o
I need a maximum of 4 pcs. With the Mod  Specialized Trading Posts that works pretty simple.
Or have I now understood that all wrong, it's also 4 clock in the morning.  ::)

If you want a really big population, you will not get along without a lot of trading ports, even with the specialized from Jamie.

irrelevant

Quote from: Nilla on March 18, 2015, 03:48:59 AM
If you want a really big population, you will not get along without a lot of trading ports, even with the specialized from Jamie.

@Nilla funny that you should say this. I'm thinking of starting a new town which would have no TPs and no schools.  ;)

Trizeropz

thank you guys. ahhh thats to bad its not possible. is there no file with the values from the trading post which you can just copy&paste?:D whatever. i am starting my village blog for the 5000+ challenge today even thoug im already at 2700 pop now. i have enough saves of this game so i can catch up on everything (google Ć¼bersetzer ftw) i dont think i can hit the 5000 with my current town. but 4000 is possible. i saw already at 1000+ pop that i made big mistakes. but i wanted to go on and try as much as i can and in my next village i can optimize everything bad i did now.

RedKetchup

the thing you need to always remember as you will progres is : each citizen = 100 food.

when you ll get 4000 peps = 400,000 food per year. and once you ll reach 5000 pop = 500,000 food per year , it is also HALF of the max you can setup as the food limit

you will need also a number per year of firewood and tools, but i dont know the numbers ^^

Trizeropz

thanks red ketchup. my tools and cloth are exploding. i built more than i need because i thought i would accept the next nomads. but nahhhhh again the education would be 80%. but to much tools or cloth dont hurt^^

i have exact 2870 pop and they need 312 986 food/year. why do i have so much more than your calculation? which is it dependent if they need more?

my economy isnt stable anymore. logs are 50k last year and now 10k. food was last year 310k and now 470k. firewood last year 40k now 109k. i have some ideas to fix that. but i think i dont make it much longer:D but i am happy with that. last village had just 600+ pop. i think its a nice improvement.

RedKetchup

yeah thats an improvement :) and next time you will try to fix some problems you noticed with your strategy :)

how your computer handled that ?

Trizeropz

i just didnt know that this will take that long:D but i am patient.

im 18 years old and in 2nd year of my training/education? and with my 2-3 first monthly salary i wanted to buy a very good pc. thats what i bought:
-Sapphiere Radeon 290x Trix
-Xeon 1230 V3
-8 GB RAM
for banished its overkill^^
none of these is over 50% used when i play banished. nevertheless it laggs. with 1x speed i play with 30 fps. with 2x speed 18 fps. i think the engine cant handle it

RedKetchup