News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

King Of The Mountain

Started by Trizeropz, March 21, 2015, 12:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chillzz

i had some time just now, so i started the town "Easyasonetwothree"
> 3. Extreme: Small Mountain Map. Seed : 123 (same as @Nilla )
Harsh, Hard start conditions, No Trading Post, No Herbalist, Disasters On, no mods.

Just finished early winter 7.
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

Trizeropz

Okay nice. I will Do today. And post it in the evening

Nilla

Quote from: chillzz on April 08, 2015, 04:00:52 PM
i had some time just now, so i started the town "Easyasonetwothree"
> 3. Extreme: Small Mountain Map. Seed : 123 (same as @Nilla )
Harsh, Hard start conditions, No Trading Post, No Herbalist, Disasters On, no mods.

Just finished early winter 7.

Nice;show us some schreens and tell a little about your strategy!

Quote from: Trizeropz on April 08, 2015, 10:39:12 PM
Okay nice. I will Do today. And post it in the evening

I´m excited to see!

chillzz

Quote from: Nilla on April 09, 2015, 01:22:24 AM
Nice;show us some schreens and tell a little about your strategy!
Sure :)

Looking at the starting position.. this is not a great spot to start a forester hub, too much mountain within the circle of the forester, so i'll try to setup somewhat south, in the direction of the arrow.   The yellow circle is a nice spot for fishery.
Early Spring 01: 8 adults, 4 children

As usual i'll try to start building the school as fast as possible, even before housing, forester hubs etc. By summer the school was build, it was within the last few hammer strikes, Elbertie became adult :( so 1 uneducated dummie to deal with.

Forester hub finished and active right away (planting). Housing available for all. Just before blacksmith finished building the tools ran out.
Summer 03 : 11 Adults, 1 student, 5 children

Teacher died due to childbirth. Bummer :( luckily enough replacement, so no extra dummies.
1 person is switching between woodcutter, blacksmith and tailor.. easy to keep up. Since the supply of leather from the hunters cabin is still low, no clothing available.
Summer 04 : 11 Adults, 3 students, 6 children

With enough barns in walking distance (one at fishery, one at forest), the original cart has been removed to make place for housing, the first stockpile is being removed for the same reason.
7 full years, enough supplies to support future expansion.
Early spring 08 : 20 Adults, 7 students, 7 children

Crossing the river near the fishery, to start a second forest hub. Health and Happiness on the up-tick again too. Plenty of food, tools, clothing and resources for building.
Late summer 10 : 29 Adults, 5 Students, 13 children.

Build a market, to supply housing easier/faster. But don't know if it's the right thing to do. It does take up a lot of valuable space. Health and happiness seem to have balanced out at 4 hearts and 4 1/2 stars for a while now. Maybe i need something for happiness.. Not really thinking about church, graveyard yet.. so maybe a well.
Spring 12 : 33 Adults, 10 Students, 11 children.

Nilla

Interesting to see our different approach of this challenge. One thing I must say; Your settlement looks very nice, much nicer than mine. I will play a few more years, too. Hope @Trizeropz catches up soon, too. Interesting to see how he starts.

I started an extra blog for this settlement, maybe I should move that here. Easier to compare what we are doing if it's all together.

chillzz

Quote from: Nilla on April 09, 2015, 12:43:36 PM
Interesting to see our different approach of this challenge. One thing I must say; Your settlement looks very nice, much nicer than mine. I will play a few more years, too. Hope @Trizeropz catches up soon, too. Interesting to see how he starts.

I started an extra blog for this settlement, maybe I should move that here. Easier to compare what we are doing if it's all together.
Usually i play large maps and make sure housing (blocks) are at least 2 or 3 road tiles apart in case of fire. With such a small map (and without -flatten- mod, or @RedKetchups 2nd and 3rd story housing) i have to use every available square ;) but still easily path-able / straight roads from point a to b.

yes i've seen your settlement blog, but it's hard to find/follow with this kind of forum software. normally once you've commented it should show automatically in your post list with updates to it.

from what i've seen on your game, the build up of citizens is almost identical to around year 7.

Trizeropz

dont wait for me. i will need maybe 2 days more.

Nilla

I have played a bit more but  I am not finished yet, Maybe I'll write a bit about it tomorrow.

chillzz

i have played a little further too..
getting enough food in to keep up with citizens expansion is tough!
for now food production seems to settle around 160 citizens .. will post images later this week.

Nilla

Now I will tell just a little bit how this challenge is going on. Haven't played much lately, but some more years has gone by in my isolated settlement. In fact the map is full. I will only go on and build houses until the crash comes. No need for sustainability!

My strategy is to produce as much food as possible on this limited space. The circles of the gatherers fill almost the whole map. Each hut isn't very efficient. There isn't enough free space for that but it doesn't really matter. Fishing huts cover the whole river. The same here, not each of them is "perfect" but the whole river (except the ends) is used. I've looked at the deer and have covered each spot, where they appear with hunting cabins.

On the little space, that's not covered with forest for gatherers I have built all other necessary buildings. It's not possible to build everything outside the gatherer circles but I've tried.

I will try to store as much food as I can. There is only one problem: BARNS! No real space for good located barns. So I have to make some kind of compromise. That's the hard thing with this challenge.

I'm also making some experiments with the forests in order to optimize the production of the gatherers. I alter the number of foresters (0-3), sometimes I let them only cut/only plant. The only real conclusion (and that I knew before); gatherers produce less, if you cut a lot of forest. But the difference otherwise small.

The pictures shows my strategy with the locatioon of my buildings.

chillzz

@Nilla  WOW!
i've managed to acquire same amount of citizens, but food supply is wonky at best.
between 25000 in bad years and 29500 in good years.
that is with 13 fishing docks in almost optimal setting, yellow circles almost touching, a few with very small overlap.
12 gathering huts and 10 hunters all at full (4) capacity.
14 forester scattered around the map near hunter/gather to keep wood production up.

but nowhere near the amount of food surplus you have :O

i think i've build up the town too fast. i can sustain it at around 270/275 thats about it.
if i would build more homes (a few spaces left) it will certainly crash. You on the other hand, have to possibility to at least reach 350 before they start to nag for food :O

Trizeropz

so i am starting right now. i didnt do the 'isolated' or 'uneducated' and 'one with nature' achievement. i dont know how to do someting like this and its need to be good planned. i have a little advantage now because i can see what you did so far. but i have one thing to test first before starting my village. the thing is, what is better: less fishermen with no overlapping radius or more fishermen with overlaping radius? same with the gatherer. they with gather less if they disturb each other or if they will disturbed by houses in their radius. but which is more effective?

i thought a village with that conditions cant look very good. but i am wrong. both of you have a nice village. actually i dont care about how my town looks like but this time i will try to let it look some better:D

have fun:)

chillzz

Quote from: Trizeropz on April 15, 2015, 10:12:34 AM
what is better: less fishermen with no overlapping radius or more fishermen with overlaping radius? same with the gatherer. they with gather less if they disturb each other or if they will disturbed by houses in their radius. but which is more effective?
I believe -and many others- that when the yellow circles overlap each other the output of gathering hut, fisher dock etc. will be less.
Less in, same amount of fish / food in the area, but spread over more gatherers/fishers.

the more water there is in the yellow circle, the more fish you are able to get for lakes connected to main river and the main river.
Lakes not connected, and small streams might have a (much) lower output.

yellow circle for gatherers :
the less buildings (so more space for trees/mushrooms/herbs etc) the better.

Trizeropz

i think i was inarticulate. i know that they get less if something in the radius and i know that more water=more fish.

look at the screenshots.
screen 1. 10 fishermens right next to eachother would have, for example 300fish/year. 10*300=3000food
screen 2. 3 fishermens with full radius free=full potential with maybe 1500-2000. 3*1500=4500

the values are just examples.. i just want to know at which point its worth to have a fishermen/gatherer more or not

in screen 3 and 4 the same with gatherer. if it would be the same area would it be worth to have 3 more which overlap with maybe 30% or is it better to dont have 3 more but gatherer with full radius and no overlap

chillzz

in my opinion, screen 2 and 4 are the better options = full radius.
up the output with more workers per building, not more buildings ;)

in case of screen 4, you could arrange em more to the sides (towards mountains) and have 1 with a little overlap in the center.
the ones on the border could do with less workers, while the one in center uses full workforce

i build most with touching radius, if not possible slight overlap.