News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA: New Medieval Town : v0.6 with 3-Story Medieval Houses.

Started by RedKetchup, April 04, 2015, 09:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chillzz

stone shop .. medieval barber-surgeon / dentist ;)  (mini hospital, without 'happiness'  )

Quote from: Nilla on April 06, 2015, 03:40:20 AM
I like the idea with the specialized stores as a first floor "shop".The stone/iron shop could be used to transport building materials into one corner of a map where much building is to be done.. You could also make wood-, textiles-, different kind of food-shops......... Could all be useful and of cause; nice looking.

yeah! some sort of 'mini'  markets :
Charcuterie / 'butcher store' - meats
greengrocer - veggies
fishmonger - fish
boutiques - clothing,
hardware store - tools,
Apothecary -herbalist,
etc.
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

RedKetchup

Quote from: Chon Waen on April 06, 2015, 03:07:14 AM
Beautiful work, red!
Quick question though:
Is the bookshop model to be an alternative to Adriana's library, or are we to sell books there via monastery(s?) production for a very large happiness boost similar to taverns?

yes an Adrianna Alternative but working better than previously. No more librarian profession for nothing, it use a priest as worker instead. librarian was just adding a profession for nothing, the prof list is already too big, priest can do the job without adding another line. with adrianna i tried to have members but i didnt succeeded. same yesterday. it looks like with cannot start in the game another 'counter' for members like those used for : school, religion, patient.... it is like the materialFlags, we cannot create a new one in game. same for the membership. this is why i didnt succeeded last year.

so the priesthood gives the opportunity, to have membership. but it will work ( i hope) like the little chapel : 'sectarism' (at least i hope i reproduced the bug ^^) i hope it will get it own membership :) shared between the libraries. for the moment i ve put 20 members (the number is far from definitive)

yes i can look if we can use book. but if i do, i will need maybe to 'include' the monastery in NMT. But maybe there again, i think if i do, i should again delete the 'monk' profession. no need to get another one on the big list (priests can do the job) and i would also need to multiply the production x100 and lower the trade value to 10. the problem will be about material flags for the storage and the consumption. tavern use 'alcohol' flag, we cannot give an unique 'flag' to books (we cant create new one). i am not sure neither if it can keep its membership while making those book, i need to test.  ( Yes, an option was asking them to "create" books too like the monastery. )

if i do, i can still keep monastery doing it too (and add other things to it, like wine)

Quote from: Nilla on April 06, 2015, 03:40:20 AM
I like the idea with the specialized stores as a first floor "shop".The stone/iron shop could be used to transport building materials into one corner of a map where much building is to be done.. You could also make wood-, textiles-, different kind of food-shops......... Could all be useful and of cause; nice looking.

Yes @Nilla, that was my intention :) to make and add specialized markets (it was part of my overall plan). and thanks you @chillzz  for the list. i was clearly hoping to get a list of things to do. we discussed alot since 3 months.... and i was starting to forget some ideas ^^ like apothecary...

if you have more ideas : thats the time :)

i wont do the gold mine anymore though, @kralyerg  is doing it :)
http://colonialcharter.com/index.php/forum/tavern/1058-coins-and-stuff?start=48#9284
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

chillzz

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 06, 2015, 06:43:33 AM
Yes @Nilla, that was my intention :) to make and add specialized markets (it was part of my overall plan). and thanks you @chillzz  for the list. i was clearly hoping to get a list of things to do. we discussed alot since 3 months.... and i was starting to forget some ideas ^^ like apothecary...

if you have more ideas : thats the time :)
well i was thinking just the looks for the mini-market, since boulangerie, charcuterie etc. would be hell of work for only meat marktet, fish market, bread, etc. it could be a mini-market with 1 or max 2 vendors,  with all (food items)  stocked, just other looks.

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 06, 2015, 06:43:33 AM
yes an Adrianna Alternative but working better than previously. No more librarian profession for nothing, it use a priest as worker instead. librarian was just adding a profession for nothing, the prof list is already too big, priest can do the job without adding another line. with adrianna i tried to have members but i didnt succeeded. same yesterday. it looks like with cannot start in the game another 'counter' for members like those used for : school, religion, patient.... it is like the materialFlags, we cannot create a new one in game. same for the membership. this is why i didnt succeeded last year.

so the pastorship gives the opportunity, to have membership. but it will work ( i hope) like the little chapel : 'sectarism' (at least i hope i reproduced the bug ^^) i hope it will get it own membership :) shared between the libraries. for the moment i ve put 20 members (the number is far from definitive)

yes i can look if we can use book. but if i do, i will need maybe to 'include' the monastery in NMT. But maybe there again, i think if i do, i should again delete the 'monk' profession. no need to get another one on the big list (priests can do the job) and i would also need to multiply the production x100 and lower the trade value to 10. the problem will be about material flags for the storage and the consumption. tavern use 'alcohol' flag, we cannot give an unique 'flag' to books (we cant create new one). i am not sure neither if it can keep its membership while making those book, i need to test.  ( Yes, an option was asking them to "create" books too like the monastery. )

if i do, i can still keep monastery doing it too (and add other things to it, like wine)
priest,monk, librarian can be grouped as 'scholar' profession,
an interesting list of medieval jobs www.svincent.com/MagicJar/Economics/MedievalOccupations.html

hmmm gold, jewels etc.. not bad, but probably will only be available for CC.. not stand alone :(

RedKetchup

Quote from: chillzz on April 06, 2015, 07:34:04 AM
hmmm gold, jewels etc.. not bad, but probably will only be available for CC.. not stand alone :(

yeah , i m scared too

The Pilgrim

Yipeee!!! My first post.  Kralyerg has said several times on the forum that the Precious Metals Mod (or whatever the final title will be) is absolutely going to be a stand alone.
Red... I absolutely love your work.  Thank you so much for what you do.

rkelly17

RedKetchup

Quote from: jshull on April 06, 2015, 08:44:41 AM
Yipeee!!! My first post.  Kralyerg has said several times on the forum that the Precious Metals Mod (or whatever the final title will be) is absolutely going to be a stand alone.
Red... I absolutely love your work.  Thank you so much for what you do.

Awesome ! thanks you for your reply and the headups :)

Paeng

Quote from: jshull on April 06, 2015, 08:44:41 AMKralyerg has said several times on the forum that the Precious Metals Mod (or whatever the final title will be) is absolutely going to be a stand alone.

Well - what he actually said is -

QuoteI'm not sure if this will ever be integrated into CC. The other guys were
never keen on the idea of money in the game. We'll have to see.

I'm not that keen on a monetary system either, I'm quite happy with the barter system... Same with not having armies, or a combat system, or brain-sucking zombies and and and (see Reddit for more such "ideas")...  :o

So yeah, I do hope this stays a 'stand alone' module - I was never a friend of humongous monolithic mods (even if I understand that there can be certain advantages, specially for the developers, to keep the source code/s sort of unified)... from a user's point of view it's certainly better to have a choice of what modules/types of mods he wants to load into his game... more so, if not all mods are compatible.
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on April 06, 2015, 09:58:20 AM
I'm not that keen on a monetary system either, I'm quite happy with the barter system... Same with not having armies, or a combat system, or brain-sucking zombies and and and (see Reddit for more such "ideas")...  :o

bah it is not really a monetary system.... citizens pays nothing, everything free. and vendor accept everything, it is just another look and another name for  ale, yogurt, firewood , pies ...
but called : coins, rings, jade statues, silver bars ...

i would understand if* and would change everything if :
"coalfuel" flag would be rename 'monetary' and all those coins turned to 'monatery flag' and change all vendor to only accept ( buy / want ) "monatery" flag...

that would be another story ^^

i wished to make a gold mine at some point... so, personnaly, i m fine with it, and i dont need to do anymore, thats ok for me :)

chillzz

Quote from: Paeng on April 06, 2015, 09:58:20 AM
hahhaha me neither,  but banished game engine was actually planned for a zombie game :D

paralias

more glass.. shops should look like shops or markets not houses that sell things...

chillzz

actually medieval shops were kind of closed buildings / houses, with slightly larger entrances and holes in the wall, that can be closed with a shutter / hatch.

most (glass) storefronts in medieval buildings still standing are from (much) later date. of course they have windows, but about same size as housing.. nothing compared to the facades nowadays.

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 06, 2015, 10:09:05 AMit is just another look and another name

Yep, that's why this way it's still okay... specially as a stand-alone mod.

Quoteall those coins turned to 'monatery flag' and change all vendor to only accept ( buy / want ) "monatery" flag...

Well, that's what I'm afraid of... there are many people out there who do not want to deal with micro-managing plenty different items (even if it is just different names, and some different values), and they are already clamoring to "simplify" things...
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on April 06, 2015, 01:30:23 PM
Well, that's what I'm afraid of... there are many people out there who do not want to deal with micro-managing plenty different items (even if it is just different names, and some different values), and they are already clamoring to "simplify" things...

yeah i read that too ! (about clothings...)

hehe

Brathaehnchen

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 06, 2015, 10:09:05 AM
bah it is not really a monetary system.... citizens pays nothing, everything free. and vendor accept everything, it is just another look and another name for  ale, yogurt, firewood , pies ...
but called : coins, rings, jade statues, silver bars ...
i wished to make a gold mine at some point... so, personnaly, i m fine with it, and i dont need to do anymore, thats ok for me :)

Hello.
Personally, I do not need something like gold, jewelry, jade and coins in this game.
What I would miss on goods in Banished still are water and spices such as salt. In the real Middle Ages nothing worked excluding water and salt.

A monetary system does not fit into the game I think.
I like it the way it is. A fair "barter". The baker bakes bread, but is too stupid to build tool. I do this in real life, just as ~ lol ~.
I can cook and bake, but I am totally bad in craft things. I bake 2 cakes for the neighbor and he papered my living room.  ;D