News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mod Ideas!

Started by Rhudabon, April 18, 2015, 07:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhudabon

Just gonna list these so its more understandable
1) Horse Ranch. Breed, Break them for riding for trading. And when low in food, can get leather meat and glue.
2) Goat farm. Yogurt, cheese,
3Sheep. Wool, mutton, lamb chops
4)Police Station. All they do is walk around within a radius and they improve happiness.
5) Street Sweeper. Follows the sidewalks and roads, sweeping them clean. Improves happiness and health.
6) Cosmetic vendor
7) Furniture shop. Uses the wood cut from a Sawmill
8) Pots & pans. Uses, glass, wood, clay, iron to produce.
9) Shoe cobbler. Same as a tailor but uses hide for shoes.
10) Toy shop. wood. Different upgrades of toys uses additional different resources.
11) Rug vendor Uses silk, hemp, and or other resources
12) New wildlife to hunt. Boar, bear, turkey, fox,
13) fire station. Help maintain buildings from catching on fire.
14} Addition mines, gold, silver, gem stone, and diamond.
15) profession and specialty buildings for the ores of the new mines.

I am not a modder, bu I think these would be a nice addition. I have many more ideas.
"I desire to go to Hell, not to Heaven. In Hell I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings and princes, but in Heaven are only beggars, monks, hermits and apostles .."

chillzz

Already modded, or worked on :

2) Yogurt, Cream & Cheese together with Milk from @RedKetchup Dairy Mod (i believe this is available too in Colonial Chapter)
3) Sheep & Wool already in the basic game, @RedKetchup is working on chops in his current new medieval mod
7) is planned in the new medieval mod as well
9) is planned in the new medieval mod as well

14/15 is being worked on by @kralyerg i believe.

11) could be an addition to Colonial Chapter, since that one does have hemp and silk
12) @Darkbibou Tree of Life has all the current game livestock as huntable animals (Deer, Cow, Chicken, Sheep)

support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

kralyerg

Quote14} Addition mines, gold, silver, gem stone, and diamond.

@chillzz is correct:

This screenshot isn't completely up to date, but it has gold, silver, gems, diamonds.

You can download the beta here: Download

And for those wondering, it's completely separate from CC.  It'll work with or without it. :)

RedKetchup

1) Horse Ranch. Breed, Break them for riding for trading. And when low in food, can get leather meat and glue.
====> horse can only be in pasture or hunt in wildlife. we cannot give them a specific use like riding or trading.

2) Goat farm. Yogurt, cheese,
====> goat can be added in pasture and give milk, and milk can make cheese and yogurt. just need a skilled person to do animations.

3Sheep. Wool, mutton, lamb chops
====> wool mutton are already in game, i added chops in here : http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=870.msg15206#msg15206

4)Police Station. All they do is walk around within a radius and they improve happiness.
====> a police station building can be added. but the policemen cannot do that (or they will stay at the building or they will go act as a laborer). the building can give happiness, not the policemen.

5) Street Sweeper. Follows the sidewalks and roads, sweeping them clean. Improves happiness and health.
====> we cannot do any animation (citizen sweeping) for citizens and change the game rules. that idea cant be made at all.

6) Cosmetic vendor
====> i think @kralyerg  is doing something with it : parfume and cosmetics on CC:EA forums.

7) Furniture shop. Uses the wood cut from a Sawmill
====> i planned it on in here : http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=870.msg15479#msg15479

8) Pots & pans. Uses, glass, wood, clay, iron to produce.
====> that is an idea for CC:EA and fit their theme.

9) Shoe cobbler. Same as a tailor but uses hide for shoes.
====> i planned it on in here : http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=870.msg15479#msg15479

10) Toy shop. wood. Different upgrades of toys uses additional different resources.

11) Rug vendor Uses silk, hemp, and or other resources

12) New wildlife to hunt. Boar, bear, turkey, fox,
====> thats an idea for @Darkbibou  and his Tree of life mods. he wish for it, he just need a skilled person to do the animals and the animations.

13) fire station. Help maintain buildings from catching on fire.
====> a fire station can be made, but they cannot help to catch fire, we cannot change the game mechanics. the mod toolkit dont allow us to change mechanic.

14} Addition mines, gold, silver, gem stone, and diamond.
====> @kralyerg  did that mod, this mod is in Beta. see picture in previous reply.

15) profession and specialty buildings for the ores of the new mines.
====> @kralyerg  did that mod, this mod is in Beta. see picture in previous reply.

I am not a modder, bu I think these would be a nice addition. I have many more ideas.
====> ideas arent lacking, the hardest is define what can be made and what cannot be made. we cannot change any game mechanic.

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

paralias

About horses
what if you use a vendor ,because he has a wheelbarrow, and change the external appearance to look like a horse.. he will still be a man but like he is wearing a horse costume.. at worst a centaur lol... "you have the horse" you will make the wheelbarrow larger and if you can make it go behind the horse and not in front as the vanilla vendor do.... or again at worst you can make him go backwards  so it will look like the wheelbarrow is behind him.. the "horse" i mean

RedKetchup

i am not sure if we can go play with 'wheelbarrow' files
and also, the wheelbarrow doesnt have anim, so the horse would look like a statue the citizen is pushing ^^ or pulling ^^

Brathaehnchen

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 19, 2015, 04:32:59 AM
and also, the wheelbarrow doesnt have anim, so the horse would look like a statue the citizen is pushing ^^ or pulling ^^

If the car from a neighbor in winter will not start, you push on it.
In Banished the merchant push up their horses....why not?!  ;D :P

RedKetchup

Quote from: Brathaehnchen on April 19, 2015, 05:47:50 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on April 19, 2015, 04:32:59 AM

If the car from a neighbor in winter will not start, you push on it.
In Banished the merchant push up their horses....why not?!  ;D :P

haha

RedKetchup

lolll ^^

too bad we cant add some animation in that particular event ^^

RedKetchup

we can put a wagon behind the horse so it looks like if the citizen is siting on it ^^

but still, all the animation of all that is extremly choppy and sometimes, citizens have a bug, where they 'hold' the wheelbarrow with 1 hands only , to their side. so with the horse... they hold the horse with 1 hand LOL

Brathaehnchen

The dealers have very good eaten their spinach.
Right Popeye-like  ;D

DesoPL

About police station. What about if might be an cosmetic building like crates etc, but giving happines?

Chon Waen

I guess a Constable's Office wouldn't be a bad thing to have in a small town of just about any era.  Wouldn't want to call it a police station though, too modern and organized.

kee

'Watchmen's office' would be more in keeping with the game perhaps?
Kim Erik