News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.02

Started by RedKetchup, April 19, 2015, 11:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.02. ( The Beta phase is completed THANKS YOU TO ALL TESTERS , I appreciate alot your help )

This new BETA Build 0.7 offers alot of new commercial buildings.

- 2 New Food buildings.
- 7 New Services Buildings.
- 1 New Toolbar : Medieval Markets containing:
- 5 New Specialized Markets

2 New Food buildings:

- Medieval Water Tower : Creates a new food item : water. Water is essential to life but does not have specific nutriment category. Your citizens will gladly consume it cause it prevents hunger.
- Medieval Butcher Shop : Takes raw meats and creates 3 new Protein Meats from it : Beef = Steaks, Venison = Roasts, Mutton = Lamb Chops.

7 New Services Buildings:

- Medieval Library : Held by priests, this new library feeds the mind of your citizens with knowledge. It acts like a church but instead to take care the soul, it takes care the brain. and is a good source of happiness.
- Medieval Apothecary : Held by Herbalists, this is a more 'town' covenient version of the herbalist hut. It still can hunt for herbs but has a smaller radius. Citizen still gain 0.5 heart if they go to this building with an herb.
- Medieval Clinic : Held by Doctors, this is a smaller version of the hospital. Sick citizens can expect a cure for diseases, but doesnt 'attract' idlers. It can only hold 10 patients at same time.
- Medieval Barber Shop : Held by Doctors, this building provides Happiness:Health to its citizens. A better health always start by a better hygiene.
- Medieval Dentist Shop : Held by Doctors, this building also provides Happiness:Health to its citizens. Even if a toothache isnt a disease by itself, citizens need a perfect health care.
- Medieval Bath House : Held by Doctors, this building also provides Happiness:Health to its citizens. Like said earlier, a better health always start by a better hygiene.
- Medieval School House : Held by Teachers, this building provide education to a larger amount of students (30 instead of 20) and sits better in middle of a town.

1 New Toolbar : Medieval Markets : Many specialized Medieval Markets appeared so we needed a new toolbar to hold them all.

5 New Specialized Markets :

- Medieval Hardware Store : Held by vendors, this specialized market sells : Wood, Stone and Iron. it holds everything needed to build new houses and buildings.
- Medieval Fruit Vendor : Held by vendors, this specialized market sells : Fruits, Vegetables and Grains to your citizens.
- Medieval Cloth Vendor : Held by vendors, this specialized market sells : All cloths for citizens and textiles for tailors.
- Medieval Meat Store : Held by vendors, this specialized market sells : All meats, all nuts, all protein tagged food resources to your citizens.
- Medieval General Store : Held by vendors, this specialized Market sells : Tools, Textiles, Firewood and Coal to your citizens.

Most of all these new building (out of Water Tower and BathHouse) are compatible with the New 2-3 story Medieval Houses. It means you can add 2nd and 3rd floor to those if you keep space for them.

ENJOY !

Warning: Of course as usual, keep a secure save of your old city before upgrading your BETA Version ! We never knows when trouble can appear between BETA Builds !!! Always do a backup of your saves !

Bugfixes : 0.7a :
Fixed roofs of : Clinic, Barbershop and Dentist
Fixed Bathhouse : sick people should no longer go to bathhouse to get healed.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=71
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

assobanana76

my God, Red !! how much work, in a few days !!  :o :o
you're a great !!!  ;D
how much nice work !!  :o

P.S. what about number pixels?  :D
will be the final version?
I wait some more time of beta before build the shops?

and now ??
What bear still your mind?
please tell me the "corner house"!!  ;D
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

iacobus942

RedKetchup

taking week off. and then with start to work on next patch. will take about same time it took for previous one... 2-3 weeks. you have time to play with before patch 0.8
(i posted 0.6 april 4th. and i just posted 0.7 april 20th. so 16 days between.)

taking week off but i can maybe still do some experimentations , secrets things ^^.

assobanana76

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 20, 2015, 05:08:52 AM
taking week off but i can maybe still do some experimentations , secrets things ^^.
I'm already drooling !!  ;D
good rest !!

oh! I just got an idea .. it is an attempt to do ..  ;)
"put" the top of the water tower on a roof of a 2nd floor and hide the rest of the structure in the house..  ;D
seems to be just the right height!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

RedKetchup

me too i am doing some experimentations .... for FUN! since i have the week OFF !! lol

chillzz

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 20, 2015, 05:08:52 AM
taking week off. and then with start to work on next patch. will take about same time it took for previous one... 2-3 weeks. you have time to play with before patch 0.8
(i posted 0.6 april 4th. and i just posted 0.7 april 20th. so 16 days between.)

hahaha :D  enjoy your week off :)  We'll enjoy 0.7 .. will try in a new city, as well as a running one.

your tests for the bath house health made me think of something. isn't it possible to require a resource for running a building ?
have a worker 'produce' something that needs (soap) water and herbs but outputs nothing.
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

Nilla

Thank you! Good job!

I will try this one too.

I have a weird idea, that I want to test. Try to use Banished as a real city builder game and try to build a town, based on the cityplan of my closes town; Mariestad. It's not quite middleage, founded in the 1560ies, so more from the Renaissance. Your buildings have a Middleeuropean style, not quite Notherneuropean. There have been at least two major city fires, so except the cathedral (that actually looks a bit like yours) there are not many original buildings left....... so more inspiration than a copy.

Gatherer

Thank you for all your good work Red.

Will try to incorporate all this new stuff into my current town.

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

Paeng

Really enjoying this version... so many possibilities!  ;D

* One thing - I feel you need to shrink the water tower, it's rather tall (compare the posts to the beams of your buildings)...  ;)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

i agree it is so lovely :) so many things :)

about water tank i ll see , if more people agree with that :)

sandysan

Very good work ... Various buildings that give a very nice visual touch.  :)
Is it planned a French version? ....

gerns

oh please don't change anything --it all works great even on a saved game.i just removed the previous version and inserted the new one. thanks again