News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

PrtScn key no longer works

Started by irrelevant, June 17, 2015, 07:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

I've made hundreds of images in Banished using the PrtScn key.

This evening it stopped working. I can do PrtScn from any other application, just not from Banished.

The only mods I have are NMT, NMC, CC, and RK's Little Houses. But I don't think it has anything to do with mods, I've made screenies of this town before.

I've tried remapping using Options, doesn't work.

Any ideas?

RedKetchup

F12

and then go in the laucher (steam laucher) and go in menu => parameter => in game => and click for the folder and select your old folder that banished used before
and then in game, use F12 instead of prt scrn

you can even change the key for screenshots in steam launcher for prt scrn instead of F12 :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

I think F12 and F11 are set "default" for screenshots; F12 without menus and F11 with them. I have always made screenshots like that and never changed any settings. (I don't play steam)

irrelevant

Thanks for the replies, but I'm not using Steam ;)

irrelevant

Still having PrtScn issues. The problem is limited to my most recent town. All other towns still support PrtScn.

Another problem has developed, just with this town. Graphics glitches. The ground doesn't render, it is just black. If I alt-tab out and back in, the ground re-appears. But I don't like playing when something is obviously unstable, I'm holding my breath the whole time, waiting for the crash.

What is different about this town? It is the first time I have used CC.

But I was able to take screen shots of this town earlier - see below. It was only a couple of years later that this issue cropped up. The only change I have ID'd between when it worked and when it did not is that I built a CC Small Market, an NMT tailor, and an NMT smith. I also started using CC's specialized stockpiles.

I am running just 6 mods; from top to bottom they are:

NMT
NMC
CC
Colorful Little Houses
Slink's lawn
Slink's snug houses

Thinking of restarting this town, this time without CC. I like the log cabins, the various markets, and the specialized stockpiles. But there is a standalone specialized stockpile mod, and @slink's small markets are pretty similar, and I can live without the log cabin. I don't need all those new resources and product chains to stay interested in Banished.

irrelevant

Still having print screen issues. Haven't been able to make screenshots in game for two years. Prt Scn doesn't work. The Screen Shot function is mapped to F12, that doesn't work. I have a "Screenshots" folder in my "Banished" folder. I think not being able to make screenshots is what took the fun out of the game for me.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

RedKetchup

i used back at begining prtscn too and was saving the screenshots in mygames/banished/screenshot

and then one day it stopped to work :(

i ve got since to use the steam F12 screenshots. but those screenshots arent saved at same place and saved extremly far in C:\
for me it is saving in the : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\176488153\760\remote\242920\screenshots" folder

i had to make myself a shortcut in my desktop to go directly there cause it is so hard and long to get there :(
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Paeng

Quote from: irrelevant on August 05, 2017, 12:33:11 PMHaven't been able to make screenshots in game for two years.

Ughh, that's rough  :(

Hmmm - what bs are you on again, and is it pc or laptop?

I have a few ideas, but who knows...

* are you using OneDrive, Dropbox, any Snipping tools? They are known to hijack this...

* are hotkey driver and keyboard drivers up-to-date?

* have you tried another keyboard? (keyboard print screen key may have got damaged)...

* if on laptop, check the F-mode or F-lock...

If none of those help, you could maybe look at some 3rd party screenshot tool...?

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Abandoned

Hi @irrelevant Hi @RedKetchup too, I had a hard time getting a screenshot when I first came on this forum, hadn't tried before.  I did not change any of the option settings but by trial and error I discover for Scr Lk (F12) key to take a screen shot I have to press the Fn key I have on this laptop next to the Ctrl.  Fn F12 saves a screenshot with whatever UI boxes are open on the screen to the Documents/Banished/Screenshot folder.  For a shot without any UI Shift PrtSc most times works but sometimes it doesn't and I miss the shot.  When it works it also saves to Documents/Banished/Screenshot folder.  My game is from GOG   :)Good luck

embx61

I use print screen and then I directly open Microsoft paint and do paste. Save as JPG in my special Banished Screenshots Folder and done.

But I am not able to do a screenshot where the UI is hidden but never really looked into it as I just close most of the UI boxes before taking a screenshot.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Abandoned

Most screenshot I take I want the UI showing info in the pic but some scenes are so pretty would be best without and that is the ones (Print Screen) I can't count on getting. So I often take the shot both ways so I don't loose it altogether.  When I am done with play session I go to screenshot folder and pick the ones I want, open with paint, rename and save to currant story folder.  I take a lot of screenshots.  :)

Paeng

Quite bizarre, this...  ??? 

Yeah, I take massive amounts of shots, too - else I probably would not play either  :(

For me, PrtScn has never worked (for Banished), but fortunately I'm not on steam, so I just set the keybindings F12 (noUI) and F11 (UI), which has always worked, for years and across different machines... I'm wondering why you (@irrelevant) can't get those bindings to work, iirc you're not on steam either.

I wonder if the winreg is screwing things up (as so often)... my keys are reg'd in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Shining Rock Software LLC\Banished
like this (attached)...

Try and reassign, then compare...

EDIT

Does your bindings dialog look like this (attach2)?
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

irrelevant

Quote from: Paeng on August 05, 2017, 02:55:43 PM

I wonder if the winreg is screwing things up (as so often)... my keys are reg'd in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Shining Rock Software LLC\Banished
like this (attached)...

Try and reassign, then compare...

@Paeng I'm running a PC. I'm fairly computer-illiterate. Where is my winreg?

irrelevant

Quote from: RedKetchup on August 05, 2017, 12:39:41 PM
i used back at begining prtscn too and was saving the screenshots in mygames/banished/screenshot

and then one day it stopped to work :(

i ve got since to use the steam F12 screenshots.

@RedKetchup I'm not on Steam with Banished.

irrelevant

I just found them! My screenshots are being saved directly to a folder in "My Documents". That's very strange, they used to just be on my clipboard, and I could paste them into MSPaint..