News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Housing Options and Families

Started by GalavanteLantern, June 29, 2015, 02:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalavanteLantern

Hey everyone. I'm new here and I was looking at all the amazing mods and content here and I had a little question/suggestion.

I want to be able to pack in more people into a smaller space.
I've seen the 4 x 4 Affordable housing thing that houses three families of four.
I already play with Colonial Charter, which has a house that holds up to seven if upgraded.
I was wondering what the maximum for family size was and if it was moddable to be higher than seven?

I enjoy large families [hence the house of seven] but I don't want a huge house to put them in.  It may seem a bit silly but I wonder if a smaller house with more people in it would be possible.

Also, is there any way to track family relations in the game?  I know from playing that it doesn't count "children" as being related to the parents after they move out, but can that be changed at all?  Like is there any sort of family tree mod out there?

Thanks for the help and have a wonderful day.

RedKetchup

in moddling there is no limit i know, you can put 50 families in 1 tile.... but personally i would never do that
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

GalavanteLantern

I was thinking more along the lines of 15-20.  That's the maximum amount of children I've ever had a family have all at once.  It'd be nice if I could really experiment with it to see how many one couple could have in one lifetime if they didn't have to worry about their kids blocking things up until they were old enough to move out.

I've seen some of your mods RedKetchup, you're awesome.  You've got this medieval town mod that I've been stalking.  Is it compatible with Colonial Charter by any chance?

irrelevant

Quote from: GalavanteLantern on June 29, 2015, 07:09:36 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of 15-20.  That's the maximum amount of children I've ever had a family have all at once.
Wait, what? Explain, please? How did one family come to have 15-20 children?

GalavanteLantern

Adam and Eve challenge and the 1 year is 1 year mod.
My challenge family started at 14 [the woman] and 15 [the man]
they had their first child in Nov of year one, then another every 18 months.
By the time they aged out of childbearing, there were fifteen children just from that one couple.

On another note.  By the time this first couple died they had :

15 children
18 grandchildren
3 great grandchildren.

Then the game corrupted XD

RedKetchup

even if you are a little red warning in the mod window... it is 100% comapatible and crash free. it is just a little warning to tell you the flour, bread and honey files are shared between both mod.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Quote from: GalavanteLantern on June 29, 2015, 07:42:35 PM
Adam and Eve challenge and the 1 year is 1 year mod.
My challenge family started at 14 [the woman] and 15 [the man]
they had their first child in Nov of year one, then another every 18 months.
What mod are you using that enables this? One year = one year?

GalavanteLantern

RedKetchup : Okay thanks! *goes to install the mod*

irrelevant : yeah. I'm on Update 10, I believe its hosted here and on the Banished Mods site.