News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD: Better Fields

Started by rageingnonsense, September 06, 2014, 02:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rageingnonsense

Figured I should post it here too (so many Banished forums to keep track of. haha).

It does the following:

- Fields may be placed on any area where a villager can walk; this includes small slopes,
  and most of those annoying single tiles of unbuildable areas. So long as a villager
  can pathfind over it, you can make a field over it
- Max size has been increase to 60 square tiles
- Max workers for the crop field and orchard have been increased to 64 workers, and 16 workers for the pasture
  (necessary for massive farms)
- Orchards are made slightly denser; trees are planted in a 2x2 pattern instead of the default 2x3
- Crop Fields and Orchards can now be as small as 1x1 tile

You can get it here: http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/83-Better-Fields-v3

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

solarscreen

Excellent!  Thank you for the link!  You are certainly welcome to park your mods here on WOB, but if not then a link to its home will serve just as well.

I like the changes you built into this one!
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

Pangaea

As shown in my village blog, I'm using this mod, and I really like how the fields follow the landscape over small hills and up the mountainside. However, I wonder about the changes to orchards. I built two small-ish orchards to see how they looked, a 15x5 and a 15x3. This results in 8x3 trees, and 8x2. But as there is no space between the two fields, the lines of trees bordering the two orchard fields look a bit weird. They kind of grow into each other. Can't recall if this is how it is in the default game, but can anybody with more experience comment?

rkelly17

Quote from: Pangaea on September 18, 2014, 11:43:28 AM
As shown in my village blog, I'm using this mod, and I really like how the fields follow the landscape over small hills and up the mountainside. However, I wonder about the changes to orchards. I built two small-ish orchards to see how they looked, a 15x5 and a 15x3. This results in 8x3 trees, and 8x2. But as there is no space between the two fields, the lines of trees bordering the two orchard fields look a bit weird. They kind of grow into each other. Can't recall if this is how it is in the default game, but can anybody with more experience comment?

It is, though there the dimension is 15X4. One of the nice thing about the Better Fields mod is that I can now make one 9X9 orchard rather than one 9X4 over one 9X5 in my block of 9X9 farms. With the Better Fields an odd number of squares on a side of an orchard will always result in a line of trees along each edge. An even number results in one empty column or row (right and top).

Pangaea

Quote from: rkelly17 on September 18, 2014, 03:48:04 PM
Quote from: Pangaea on September 18, 2014, 11:43:28 AM

It is, though there the dimension is 15X4. One of the nice thing about the Better Fields mod is that I can now make one 9X9 orchard rather than one 9X4 over one 9X5 in my block of 9X9 farms. With the Better Fields an odd number of squares on a side of an orchard will always result in a line of trees along each edge. An even number results in one empty column or row (right and top).

Thanks for confirming that. This is what my little test was, that led to the lake map, and it looked pretty similar in the un-modded game with 15x4 next to eachother.