News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S population experiment

Started by brads3, November 26, 2017, 08:30:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

phase 3 year 50-60

i add a church to the west and a sherbrooke market to the southeast.i also send 1 to a walnut orchard to back up the food. this should help cover the high end of any population growths.there was about 13 deaths thru those 10 years.the housing is back to 50+boardinghouse.population is 130 adult,43 student,and 53 children.not a bad balance with the die offs.food is still ahead of what they use.i saved the game twice here in case something should go wrong.at this point it should run by itself.i do want to add 2 builders,so i'll have to remember the laborer count is 23+extras.there is a couple houses to be torn down since i added some closer to the south forest.and a road to finish.otherwise it can run by itself.

brads3

i pulled up KID's log of the propertime mod.he actually has a well-balanced time mod.
max age:75 +/- 15, child-bearing between 15-45,schooling 10-15,

so 15 years as a child total split 10 to young children and 5 school years. then 30 child-bearing years,15 non-child bearing years and then 30 of old age since KID has it at +/-15 years of death. on a perfect balance we should have  a 3rd of the children in school.since the old bannies have a 30 yr range that they will die in,there should be half as many children total as old bannies.since child-bearing range is also 30,there should be even number of those to old bannies.hald as many in the non child-bearing ages.
   based on 100 bannies to keep simple % numbers. 4 students+16 young children,40 child-bearing age,20 non child-bearing age,and 40 old bannies.
based on the propertime mod that is the math.

the issue i have is each house gives about 3 children. since we only need 20,we only need 7 houses producing children for 100 bannies. do we need to force the bannies to live in boardinghouses or apartment houses? there are some nice hostel mods. it might be possable but i don't think it is practical.

brads3

pics for phase 3. guess i didn't post them when i should have.

pic 1: year 60 stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: population graph

brads3

Good morning. after several attempts the computer finally let this play by itself without issues.it has a mind of its own.at this [ace it will take some time before i can get a full 100 year graph.
       there was a food shortage which i did see coming but left it, remeber test 1,it was overstocked so i cut down the farmers.it was producing and then i loaded a save and it wasn't.  i know it shouldn't lose food on a save. there are many times when i load a save that i notice food loooks a lot different. like the game dropped 1000's of food.maybe i missed it but it is day and night different to the food reserve when it happens.
      i left the food alone when i did see the shortage coming. i figured it would cause a die off but how bad would it be? would it kill off the extra workers and rebalance? looking at the population graph,you can see where the sudden drop is. it recovered and balanced about where it had the children split between young newborns and students. it is short 3 adult bannies.
     now before the sudden food shortage, i had the red and blue children population lines close together.back whn i added 1 house per year.since many players do play that way,i want to let this run farther to see what it will do. i want to see how much an affect keeping those 2 children lines together has over 100 years. technically this test is flawed since the blue line should be lower than the red. the students should be half that of the children.