News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD: Wild Oats - tanypredator

Started by tanypredator, May 22, 2016, 06:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanypredator

liberty152

I love the idea. But it conflicts with tree of life. Can you please fix?

tanypredator

I'm sorry, I didn't know that such posts are generated automatically. I suppose that there is one thing that certainly conflicts with "tree of life" that I'll fix in the next version - the use of Gatherers Shelter. And one more that may conflict - the use of trees for respawn - I'll try to fix it if the version with separate building won't help.

kid1293

Separate buildings work.

I took your code and put it in Forest Outpost.
My gatherer happily collects wild oats.
I thought it was a perfect match with my forest mod
since that mod is aimed at the beginning of a game
when there still are any forests.
And - No conflict with Tree of Life mod.

tanypredator

kid1293, great, thanks for testing that, and you surely may add it into update of your mod, if you want :) And I'll make my separate version.

kid1293

I can add it as an extra download.
But not the main version.
If I do there will be conflict with your mod and we're
back to square one.  :(

No, not a conflict, only red flag because we use the same
resources, but anyway...

I'll do that this evening and I look forward to see your gatherer. :)

tanypredator

kid1293, unfortunately, I have some work to do now, so I can't be as quick as in the beginning. Also I think that I hurry too much - ok when I was learning, but I want new buildings to be more beautiful, so more work is required. I have a model already, but I'm not satisfied with it.

kid1293

I see nothing wrong with your model.
Maybe your are too critical.

Have you thought of making another model besides wild oats
(wild wheat / rye)
and have a wild grain collector?

Make a building with an oven and make flat-bread from your grain.

Take all the time you need. You can't rush good things. :)

Kimbolton

I just think it is great that you were willing to take all the time and effort to learn about modding and are actually putting stuff out there for us in the community to use.

I would love to try modding but it is just more than I can tackle right now. Maybe one day!

I'm sure you have a lot more work ahead of you but just take all the time you need. Your efforts are appreciated. :)

Turis

What about a bakery that makes oat bread and oatmeal cookies?

tanypredator

Thanks to you all! :)

I'm not going to make new grains or bakeries in the near future. First because I want to add new flowers and bushes and the map may become too crowded with plants, and because I'm a bit reluctant to add new products, because there are already so many. But I'll think about it, maybe to add one more yellow in color. Second because there already are bakeries, strange to have several different, and their authors also may take my mod as a part of theirs. But if I could find out how to animate buildings  ;D , then I'll make a mill. Otherwise I may include a very little bakery in one of the future updates, but first I want to make many other mods :)

liberty152

Thanks I got the mod working. Love it.

tanypredator

I made new version - with separate building http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=102 (the link for download is in the text!)

Gatherer

@tanypredator
I don't know if it has been mentioned before but this mod conflicts with Lettuce mod. If I try to use both at the same time all my stored lettuce becomes unusable and it doesn't show in the field crop selection option.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

tanypredator

Quote from: Gatherer on May 27, 2016, 11:22:47 AM
@tanypredator
I don't know if it has been mentioned before but this mod conflicts with Lettuce mod. If I try to use both at the same time all my stored lettuce becomes unusable and it doesn't show in the field crop selection option.

No, I didn't know that. Sorry. I'll try to find, what is used in both of them, and change it.