News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD: Linen Production - tanypredator

Started by tanypredator, May 30, 2016, 04:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanypredator

Then it will take some time, @Tom Sawyer, because I don't remember pasture productiveness :)

Also I joined oats and flax mods, but testing showed that there are too many flax plants with too small yield. So I need time to tune it, especially so that it must work well with the crop variant (that means that the amount of flax required per 1 clothes must be higher, and so even higher wild flax yield).

And this mods made my notebook hot. Probably RedKetchup was right that 60-80 polygons are too much. The number of plants must be decreased, especially because there will be more new plants :)

Tom Sawyer

You mean your laptop starts to sweat because your flax? I don't think so. But check the fps in the debug window with your flax on the screen and without.

Because the sheep. You don't remember?^^ You can make a test in game. Or just look at the code. There is a parameter to define the time for the additional raw material. 3 months mean a sheep makes 1 wool every 3 months. The required area of a sheep is 16 tiles. The rest is yours.  :)

kid1293

Are you really thinking about the value, you should change
the yield from 2-3 to something more like 24-30

A year for a gatherer must be worth more than 18 units
You have a value =1 for the Linen.

You can trade them for max 18 and that is not realistic.

tanypredator

@Tom Sawyer, maybe not flax, but the game with all mods. Probably not because flax only, but nevertheless, better to decrease the amount of plants.

So, that gives about 20 units of wool per 10*10 pasture (since not all sheep are mature), that is 20 wool coats with educated tailor. Let it be 25 for flax. That gives 8 flax per 2 linen clothes by educated weaver. That means 64-80 flax to be gathered by gatherer to produce 16-20 linen clothes per year. I'll work on it.

@kid1293, I didn't understand what you have written. I'm a bit sick today :(

kid1293

Sorry to hear! Hope you get better.

I just said that a year of gathering flax should have a trade value
similar to other gathering/collecting/fishing...  activities

tanypredator

Oh. Got it. And close to other textiles per unit of clothes probably.

kid1293

tanypredator

DesoPL

I going test this mod with CC and i will later tell if works as intended or not. :)

DesoPL

Ok i did small test.

Wild flax is not appear in game, but still might be usefull if you got flax crop.

DesoPL

Ok final test maked.

Linen Cloths are produced from Flax, but unfortunelly with CC, no wild flax i saw. But still you can produce linen cloths from Flax crops.

tanypredator

Thank you for testing, @DesoPL. But I suppose that CC has its own linen clothes?

DesoPL

Actually no, i didin't saw linen cloths there.

Paeng

Quote from: tanypredator on May 31, 2016, 12:29:03 PMBut I suppose that CC has its own linen clothes?

Yeah, in CC you can weave linen from flax, and the tailor then makes clothes with it...  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

liberty152

don't listen to them... It works great with cc for me.