News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD: Linen Production - tanypredator

Started by tanypredator, May 30, 2016, 04:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesoPL

Quote from: liberty152 on May 31, 2016, 08:05:31 PM
don't listen to them... It works great with cc for me.

You found wild flax crops? Harvested? ;P

liberty152

tanypredator

@liberty152, glad to hear that. Maybe the difference is because of mods placement in mod list?

tanypredator

If anybody has time and desire, I would be grateful for some help in testing. Everything was  balanced in my last test, but the amount of plants - that is too much, both in terms of yield and aesthetics. I have changed few parameters, but I'm a bit tired with testing.

And when I say "balanced", that means the cost when trading: both hunters and pastures produce meat apart from textile, so to compensate that (and to meet the cost of crop fields production in future) I had to allow weaver to produce around 40 clothes per year, which is a real cheat at the beginning.

If somebody will test - I wanted gatherers to produce around 350 oats and 70-90 flax per year per gatherer.

I also attach source - maybe somebody can advice on how to decrease the amount of plants. I made "int _seedChance = 25;" for oats (with 65 for usual forest food), but it seems to be only more abundant. But that was with "bool _autoSeed = true;", which now is false.

PS. I have decreased the size of my textures which made a mod 2 times smaller and less heating my notebook :) Blender unwrap them all as 1024*1024.

kid1293

I don't know if this is what you are asking for
under

GrowthDescription growth

float _growthForSeeding = 0.0;

Does it mean the plant begins to seed immediately
someone else verify?

RedKetchup

Quote from: tanypredator on June 01, 2016, 09:28:54 AM
PS. I have decreased the size of my textures which made a mod 2 times smaller and less heating my notebook :) Blender unwrap them all as 1024*1024.

/sad
you are certainly never used big mods like NMT ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

tanypredator

@kid1293, it is 0.0 for other wild plants too, for the moment the only difference for my plants is the spawn distance (4 in place of 1, because I want to see them in open spaces). I hope that disabling "autoSeed" shall help.

@RedKetchup, I didn't yet. Would you believe that I use mods only for a month? Half of which I had rather made mods than used them  ;D

RedKetchup

Quote from: tanypredator on June 01, 2016, 10:04:40 AM
@RedKetchup, I didn't yet. Would you believe that I use mods only for a month? Half of which I had rather made mods than used them  ;D

haha, i believe you :)

kid1293

Quote...for the moment the only difference for my plants is the spawn distance (4 in place of 1, because I want to see them in open spaces).

Does that mean your plants spawn at 4 times bigger area?

tanypredator

As I understood, that means that trees spawn my plants 4 times farther, not changing the chance or rate of spawn. But that may be a mistake.

tanypredator

I have tested one more time, and there was almost no flax plants! But still many oats plants. That's some magic. Can it be that "int _seedChance" works upside down? I'll test that tomorrow.

DesoPL

I puted mod below and up CC, no flax plants still.

tanypredator

@DesoPL, I'm sorry, but I can't say anything about that. Never played CC. Do you make modes yourself? I suppose it may be made compatible if all stuff is renamed - e.g., wild flax, rough linen, something like that.

RedKetchup

probably , go on this forum and explain your problem in private messenging to Kralyerg and ask him if he sees something

kid1293

No solution but I have started a lot of new maps (15+) with the code
you sent us. I didn't change anything in the code, and -

Sometimes there are a lot of flax - sometimes almost nothing
It must be part of the start of a new map.

I only played a year on each so I haven't seen if the flax is
stabilizing over time.