News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Audoboistow - RKEC1.31 first impressions

Started by irrelevant, July 02, 2019, 06:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

So after seeing @Nilla's RKEC town over the weekend, I was impressed enough by what I saw to download the mod and give it a go. This is the only mod I have enabled for this town.

So far, I think it is awesome.

Image 1: Late Summer 5, the hunter is off the hook! Cranking out lumber, iron, copper, tools, firewood from thatch, linen, and coats.

Image 2: Late Autumn 6, getting ready for production of the first serious trade good; sand, firewood = glassware + water, flowers = perfume, TV8 each.

Image3: Early Summer 8, the Lighthouse/Town Hall is just completed. @Nilla, only two barns!  ;)

moonbelf

It IS an awesome mod. It's my favorite and go you for using it!

Nilla

Yes, it´s an awesome mod and it´s also awesome to read a new blog from you @irrelevant!

You are very welcome back! :)
(I know you made a few guest appearances with your super ultra tenure town.)

Only two barns? What has happened to you? Aren´t there any hidden markets or carts we don´t see? ;)

Edit; we can even see them plain and clear if we look; each house has its own store. I´m relieved! @irrelevant without stores? No way that you change that much! ;)

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Quote from: Nilla on July 03, 2019, 02:07:15 AM
Edit; we can even see them plain and clear if we look; each house has its own store. I´m relieved! @irrelevant without stores? No way that you change that much! ;)
As always, @Nilla misses nothing! ;)

irrelevant

Early Summer 11: Got a second village going, making bricks and roof tiles, then moving on to the really important stuff: beer. :P

irrelevant

Early Spring 17: Tavern made 570 strong beer last year, don't think I ever made that much ale from a single tavern.

Got 5 greenhouses making 6000 food/year. I don't think the one stable could provide fertilizer for a sixth one. Edit: that's wrong, I just needed to add a second stablehand. Going to replace those farms with greenhouses and other productive things.

745 tools! Low on iron now though. Going to need to buy some, not much surface ore around nearby.

Recently added Friesian cows and a Red Dairy, milk production still too low for cheesemaking.

moonbelf

QuoteLow on iron now though. Going to need to buy some, not much surface ore around nearby.

Looking very good. Nice layout too :)

Interesting that you haven't built an RKEC iron mine. Are you planning on only buying iron you need?

irrelevant

Thanks!

@moonbelf I rarely build mines or quarries, but I should probably try some out for this town, just for the sake of research! Going to need a mine for those gemstones, in any case. :)

Nilla

One of the "issues" with this mod is that you get a lot of export goods, especially if you want to test many of the special buildings and in the end; you need to buy something that makes sense.

irrelevant

@Nilla yes, I'm getting my two TPs all stocked up, but having trouble finding things I need to buy. I wish I could build a really big library, and just fill it chock-full of books @RedKetchup ;)

Decided not to buy iron, I'm going to get it the hard/fun way.

Image 1: no need to build farms, no need to buy crop seeds.

@RedKetchup what do "fertility potion" and "healing potion" do?? :o

RedKetchup

fertility potion and healing potion are both the same; they are an health and custom7 item: can be used to get 1/2 heart back. custom7 = miscelleneous.

irrelevant

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 10, 2019, 05:49:25 AM
fertility potion and healing potion are both the same; they are an health and custom7 item: can be used to get 1/2 heart back. custom7 = miscelleneous.
Thanks! Basically the same thing as herbs then.

RedKetchup

yes. but a certain quantities are made by the process by adding a bit of water and flowers.

irrelevant

Ah, I hadn't noticed that they were an item to be produced, I had just seen them as items to order from merchants. Is it a product of the perfumery, or of the herbalist?