News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Profession List

Started by RedKetchup, May 25, 2017, 01:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 27, 2017, 12:19:21 PMi am used to look ontop to see if i have the mats required...

That's cool...   :)

How does it work with smaller resolutions (smaller than 1900 width)?
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on May 27, 2017, 12:38:04 PM
Quote from: RedKetchup on May 27, 2017, 12:19:21 PMi am used to look ontop to see if i have the mats required...

That's cool...   :)

How does it work with smaller resolutions (smaller than 1900 width)?

i would need to customize those :P
the one i am doing for me is for a 1920x1080. i would need to know what other resolution people use :P 1280 ? 800x600 ? lol 480x320 ? double lol
of course, more little screen = less things
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 27, 2017, 12:43:03 PMi would need to know what other resolution people use

I think the most common for laptops these days is 1366x768... or so  ;D

Quoteof course, more little screen = less things

Yeah... I could do without the stars and hearts, and temperature, date/season and stuff... but there you go again, ask 10 players and get 10 opinions... LOL   :D

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on May 27, 2017, 01:41:04 PM
I think the most common for laptops these days is 1366x768... or so  ;D

sincerely, i never heard this strange numbers resolution before today ^^ note surely my vcard can do that... i need to check :)

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 27, 2017, 02:11:10 PMsincerely, i never heard this strange numbers resolution before today

1366×768 dominates most of the mid-priced laptop world and also seems unique to the laptop world. It's to make room for wide-screen displays (almost 16:9)...

QuoteThe basis for this otherwise odd seeming resolution is similar to that of other "wide" standards – the line scan (refresh) rate of the well-established "XGA" standard (1024×768 pixels, 4:3 aspect) was extended to give square pixels on the increasingly popular 16:9 widescreen display ratio without having to effect major signalling changes other than a faster pixel clock, or manufacturing changes other than extending panel width by one third. As 768 does not divide exactly into the "9" size, the aspect ratio is not quite 16:9 – this would require a horizontal width of 1365.33 pixels. However, at only 0.05%, the resulting error is insignificant.

<geek_off>  :D

brads3

PAENG, i came in here to this page quiet as a mouse on purpose. don't make me growl at you like a grizzley. that page you linked to i don't think i even DARED say 1 word in.that plane got hijacked and sent all the way to hell and back. i didn't even understand wtf happened to it by that point. hmmmm do you say 1 can make a mess like 10??
  yes i am glad for the options CC gave us. noo mine is not alphabtical or any other senceable way.i behave and go back to my corner now.

RedKetchup

i making a pause on that for tonight... i am going nowhere. i didnt succeeded to call specific profession. i can get the laborer and its png showing, but it doesnt update its number.

Paeng

Quote from: brads3 on May 27, 2017, 03:48:48 PMdon't make me growl at you like a grizzley.

Arghhh...  :D  No reason to, really...  ;)
Just trying to give Red some 'moral support'  ;D

Quotehmmmm do you say 1 can make a mess like 10?

Hahaha, no... more like 10 making more mess than 1   :D

brads3

morals???? in here even??? hmmmm did you bump your head today?lol :D

QueryEverything

Quote from: Paeng on May 27, 2017, 12:01:40 PM
Quote from: brads3 on May 27, 2017, 10:55:00 AMthe CC format doesn't make sence

Hmmm... didn't we discuss that problem recently in a 6-page thread?   :D
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1669.0

You wish this way, 10 others wish 10 different ways...   ;)

OT:  (sorry Red, will get back to topic in a second, scroll past this if you want to :D )
Which is still a WIP, it's been a tough 2->3 weeks here (none of it for public speaking), and spreadsheets and I haven't worked together well during that time.
Back to normal routine later this week, so back to opening spreadsheets sometime then :D   thanks for the bump @Paeng  :D :D
{reasonably annoyed about your comments} @brads3, if you read that thread carefully, you will have seen that @Paeng was 100% correct, we discussed load order around a few times, and will address it more when the semi-final file has been updated, and released for the modders to work from.   
It wasn't a mess at all, I followed it along without any problems, and I was the one who had to work from it.

With Discrepancy's recent updates all the duplicated Professions have been removed from game, and have made an exit from the sheet too :D   (less colour coding :D that's a Win!!)

------ ~~~~~ ------
On topic:
Back to Red :) , @RedKetchup that top screen UI looks pretty damned cool! :D  I really like it.

My resolutions I use as a setting ingame is different to what comes out in the screenshot as I have the window slightly changed when the game is active, and of course, custom UI sizes ingame also will change how the UI looks as well.  I have custom sizing for that too.  Ooopsss ...
I'm not going to be difficult, or trying to be, I guess, I'm just putting it out there, that for some players "what size do you play in" is a 'piece of string' situation :)

I took another screenshot, edited it down to just the titles of the UI across the top, and got my reading that way :)  + to be sure, I also took a screenshot from my external screenshot program, externally of the game and they were within a pixel of each other - 1901  :)

My long winded point:  1920 seems to be the norm for me and is normally what gaming laptops have available (not all, but the ones we have here in our house), and the overrides I use in the UI menu will adapt it to my current screen size anyway.

Vote Plus One:  1920 width :)

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Discrepancy

back to the topic at hand. @RedKetchup !

I have found it... it was something so simple...

to make the professions display horizontal. I just increased the number (int _width) of the rows:

TableDescription professionTable
{
int _width = 99; // changed this from
int _height = 1;
int _cellPad = 2;
int _topPad = 4;

TableItem _items
[
{ int _x = -1; int _y = -1; ElementDescription _element = "professionRow"; }
]
}

Then adjust the height/width of the container we made earlier to suit.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Discrepancy on May 28, 2017, 11:45:02 PM
back to the topic at hand. @RedKetchup !

I have found it... it was something so simple...

to make the professions display horizontal. I just increased the number (int _width) of the rows:

TableDescription professionTable
{
int _height = 1;
int _cellPad = 2;
int _topPad = 4;

TableItem _items
[
{ int _x = -1; int _y = -1; ElementDescription _element = "professionRow"; }
]
}

Then adjust the height/width of the container we made earlier to suit.

euh... to put 99 i didnt try :P i always put like 10. i need to try that 99

RedKetchup

Quote from: Discrepancy on May 28, 2017, 11:45:02 PM

wooooot !!! It work PERFECT !!!!!

i have the 10 i want ! (got to change a couple of profession order to get rid of the herbalist ^^ but works WONDERFUL !!!!

THANKS YOU SO MUCH !
i would never thought about the 99 myself ! i've been stuck at 10 LOL

:-*  Thanks you ! @Discrepancy   :-*

-----------

Now i need to get back to the other one and try to find what i did the other night at the end... i totally broke the RK ALL Utility lol

RedKetchup

YOUHOU !!!!  ;D

Look at that ! Look at THAT !!!!  :D  ;D  :D