News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Question about coats

Started by Goblin Girl, July 05, 2018, 09:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goblin Girl

How long does a coat last?  Does it depend whether it's a one-item or a two-item coat?  I know that tools wear out, and it's pretty easy to find a chart that explains how many work units of time they're good for, but I can't find any info about coats.

Nilla

As far as I know a coat wears out in about 2½ year. It doesn't matter what kind of coat, they are all the same.

There are two kind of coats labled "fair" or "excellent" (or rather three if you count no coat that's labled "ragged"). The only difference is that Bannis need to go home to get warm in winter more often, if they have "fair" or "ragged" coats. If you're playing in a mild climate I don't think the more expensive warm clothes pay off. If you use a harsh climate they do.

In vanilla wool coats and hide coats are "fair", warm coats "excellent". Most mods have linen and cotton clothes as "fair", but it may be different between the mods.

Goblin Girl

I knew that stuff about how frequently they have to warm up, but coats wearing out in 2.5 years I did not know, and that's exactly what I was looking for!
Thank you!

Tom Sawyer

Are you sure @Nilla? In source code the lifetime of clothing is 4 years and I changed it to 2 years in Ironman.

smurphys7

I can do an experiment to find out.  If I take a stable town and clothe it 100% for 100 years we should be able to see on Town Hall, right?

On the Citizens Graph at Town Hall, we want Clothed to be at 100% over 100 years.

On the Production Tab of Town Hall, we would look at the "Used" Clothes at 100 years.

The Town would have no Trading.  Is there anything else I should setup?  I can do Hide Coats right away.  Warm or Wool Coats would take some effort to setup.  The Town has 90 Homes and averages about 200-240 citizens.

Nilla

No, I´m not sure. It´s something I had in "the back of my head" and I looked briefly in my present game. I think about 260 people something like 96 coats. And that seemed to be about the 2½ years I remembered. But I have looked a bit more carefully and I can say now a bit later in the game over a 5 year period, they last more than 2½ years. I have taken several "batches of nomads" and I guess there clothes were worn out to the same time just as I looked. Sorry for the misinformation.

I guess your experiment @smurphys7 will confirm the 4 years, that the code says.

smurphys7

Assume: 1 Coat per person per 4 years.  100 Coats would be used by 50 people in 8 years. Math: 1/1/4 = 0.25.  100/50/8 = 0.25.

I'm about 25 Years through the experiment.  Town Hall shows:

302,450 Food Consumed over 10 Years.  That means an average of 302 citizens.  762 Clothes used over 10 years.

762/302/10 = 0.252

Seems like it's 1 Coat lasts 1 Citizen 4 years.  I will get more data soon.

My 25 Year numbers are:

1909 / 284 / 25 = 0.2688

RedKetchup

dont forget new babies are getting coats asap they born :)
and old people arent scavenged ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

smurphys7

Yes, the numbers won't be exact.  I started the experiment at about year 50 in my town.  It is now year 92. 

The last 25 years are at 0.276.  Which makes sense because, as explained, some people will die and be buried with coats and new babies will be born mid-year.

The first 10 years were close to exactly 0.25 because I had very little births and deaths.  The population was plateauing there as a coincidence.

Goblin Girl

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 05, 2018, 05:45:58 PM
and old people arent scavenged ^^
Hey Felecta!  Grand Dad just died.  Let's go get the coat off him before they bury him!  :D

johfra

how do you get the little buggers to use the coats I have plenty of coats but they wont use them

brads3

they should do this on their own. what condition are the coats they are wearing? are the coats stored in a barn where the bannies can reaxh?did you send all the coats to a trading post,these are for trade only and can not be used.did you make way more coats than the bannies need so it looks like they aren't using them? you can check this with a townhall by looking at the production.iy will show how many you make and how many are used. clicking on a bannie will ull the menu to see how they are doing.