News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mark's Ramblings

Started by MarkAnthony, August 31, 2019, 02:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

The Dwelling is a hostel. If there are other free buildings, people do not go to a hostel.
They prefer a house of their own. Did you block the entrance?

MarkAnthony

No. I did not block the entrance but it being a Hostel explains it; I didn't realize it was a Hostel.   :)

When I built the first one at the beginning of the game I saw people move in. Later in the game when I built up the mines I added more of those Dwelling Gates for the miners to live in but they never moved into them, only when I built normal houses did they move. I then deleted the Dwelling Gates thinking they were bugged because that's when I saw that the first Dwelling Gate I built was no longer occupied.

Thanks for the clarification.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

MarkAnthony

Good evening @kid1293

It's a little after 1 a.m. for you so I am not sure if you are still up but I'm tinkering with my Excel again. I got a spreadsheet in the making for the 200+ mods of yours I have installed. I just started it a couple of days ago but if you are into Microsoft Excel and would like to take a look at what I have so far built up (to see what exactly I am trying to do) let me know and I'll send you a copy.

Anyhow, one of the mods of yours I am working on entering into the spreadsheet right now is your KidGhostTown mod. The structure in particular I have a question about is your "Closed Mine".  There are two options for upgrading this: (1) Reopen the mine (Reopened Mine), or (2) build a new mine (Gold Mine).

I have a test game map running with KidGhostTown and the Debug mod running. I plopped down a bunch of Bannies to fill those two types of mines to maximum capacity of "employees". The Reopened mine uses Miners, and the Gold Mine uses Workers. Was there a particular reason for this? (This was an extra question.)  My current question about the two mines that I am posting for this evening is to say that after starting both mines at the same time and running them for the same duration I see no difference between the two. They both deplete resources at roughly the same pace as one another. Is there supposed to be a difference between the two types of mines?

What I was expecting to see is that the Reopened Mine would run out of resources faster than the new Gold Mine. The reason I expected this was well... a reopened mine infers that it was previously mined to a point where the miners/owners no longer got any worthwhile results, so they shut it down. Therefore, in game I was expecting a Reopened Mine to not have as many resources to mine out therefore it would dry up faster than a new mine.  But anyways that's not what I am seeing in game, and I was wondering if you could clarify for me any differences I may not be noticing.

Thank you @kid1293   ;)

EDIT: What I just now noticed is that the Reopened Mine could itself then be upgraded to a new Gold Mine when it runs out of resources so it's sort of a two-fer (two for one). A new Gold Mine costs 30 logs to build and a Reopened Mine is free to build then a cost of 30 logs to upgrade it again. So I edit my main question --> other than that, are there any differences between the two mines that I am not noticing? I have the game running at 10x speed and I'm a couple of years in so far and they deplete at nearly the same pace.

MarkAnthony

Good evening to you @RedKetchup

:P

I saw you reading my post and I wanted to let you know I editted it while you were reading it.

Anyways, I just wanted to say to you that it's wonderful seeing you around lurking the forums still. And an FYI - I have a spreadsheet for your RKEC too, I started it a year and a half ago but because RKEC is so huge it's taken me a long time and I never actually got it completed because not too long after I started it (a month or two later), I stopped playing Banished because life got in the way. I still have it though and I look at it for reference.   ;D 

MarkAnthony

Okay @kid1293

Here's another question regarding a different structure in your KidGhostTown mod. This one is about your Paint House. The Paint House has no actual recipe list in drop-down menu form and that's fine. The toolbar button description says it makes Paint from Flowers and 4 Linseed Oil.  KidGhostTown doesn't provide any removal tools for gathering Flowers from the ground. The Paint House shows flowers inside of it, so I am assuming it provides its own Flowers even though none ever show up in the town's inventory.

My question is: Would the Paint House use Flowers that are gathered off the ground or produced by other buildings from other mods or is it unnecessary since the Paint House seems to provide its own Flowers? I'm thinking this is the case and that the Paint House will always produce the number of Flowers it needs without delay.

Thanks.

kid1293

Hi @MarkAnthony

I don't think there are any substantial differences between the mines.
Except for worker/miner. (don't know why I missed that)
If I remember - I made one to be an 'upgrade'
Yes, maybe they have the same output... live with it ;)

If it works, I do not want to mess with it.
;D I am not only lazy.

RedKetchup

Quote from: MarkAnthony on March 19, 2022, 05:47:38 PM

Anyways, I just wanted to say to you that it's wonderful seeing you around lurking the forums still. 

yeah i still lurk around
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

MarkAnthony

Alright @kid1293 I just got done entering another one of your mods into my spreadsheet, 140 more to go!   ??? :P

The last one I finished entering was KidForestHaven and I came across a couple of things you may want to correct. This is for KidForestHaven v1.02 File Date: Nov. 12, 2020

(1) Workshop says it makes Bread in the toolbar button description, but the recipe menu doesn't show Bread as an option. Your original version probably had Bread as an option and then in v1.02 you split it off to a separate Baker.

(2) The Baker uses a Worker and not a Baker as an employee.

(3) The Baker in v1.02 says it is using the "Tool Limit. It says "Tool Limit" in the window but when I change the value for Food Limit it actually changes the value in the Baker window, so you might want to change it to say, "Food Limit".

(4) Also with the Baker, the third menu item says "Herb Bread" even though it uses [Flour + Walnut] and the output for that item also says Herb Bread but it goes to a second line item on the outputs page. So the menu name for the 3rd entry and it's output name should be changed to Nut Bread. (To match your other mods).

I'm just pointing these out is all, not telling you what to do. Please accept this as a friendly mention.

Thanks.

kid1293

Noted. It will be updated.

Don't worry. You are always friendly, and pointing these things out
is a sign that you care. :) It is morning here. I will start later.

kid1293

Fixed. All 4 notes were valid errors. You're good :)

I delay the upload. Maybe you find more ;)

Also - Summer Haven had that Tool Limit in the Baker.

What exactly are you doing? Making a spreadsheet of my mods?
If you need any information, please tell me.

MarkAnthony

Yeah @kid1293 .

At reply #228 in this thread on March 19th I mentioned I was entering the 200 mods of yours that I use into a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.  ;D  It's taking a while of course with the sheer number of mods you've created, my employment hours at work, sleep etc.

A lot of your mods have 30+ items in them to record so the spreadsheet is expanding rapidly in size with each mod entered. At the pace they are getting entered into the spreadsheet I must do 5 a day to complete them all in 30 days but well... that isn't happening; I'm getting about 2+ a day done when I get to those mods that have 30-50 items each to enter. So I'm guessing about 2 months + to finish.  :P

As I said in that above reply #228 above, if you are interested in seeing what I am doing let me know and I will send you a copy of my progress so far. I was going to send you a copy anyhow when I was done entering all the mods of yours that I have installed which is just over 200 strong! You have a bit more than 200 in total so I'm getting the vast majority of them into my spreadsheet.

In the same spirit as you and RedKetchup, Discrepancy, Tom Sawyer, Jinxie, Necora, embx61, angainor88, Yandersen, Tanypredator et al, I was going to make this spreadsheet publicly available for download at no charge to those who are weird like me and like spreadsheets.  rofl :P

They then can take that spreadsheet and further expand it to include other mods of their own choosing.

EDIT: In reply to your last comment - I haven't gotten to KidSummerHaven yet but it's on the list. No need to delay the update for KidForestHaven, I completed that one so that's it on the boo boos to fix.  ;)

brads3

that is a huge project , especially if you are running the buildings to ensure the outputs are accurate. good luck with it.

i can remember trying to do a chart way back long ago. wasn't as professional as a spreadsheet but just a notepad. started out to keep a chart of building requirements. back then mills processed some grain types but usually not all. this was before the 1.07 upgrade as well. gave up on it after a week or so. mods were being made at that time faster than i was logging them. not every barn has a listing of capacity, not every mod description has the build requirements listed.

are you sure KID only has about 200 mods? i am showing half that in my backup folder and i weeded it a few months ago. some mods did have multiple versions too.

kid1293

;D ;D I thought I was crazy!

Hi. @MarkAnthony  :)
I only wonder - Do you need any information about the mods?
Should any of the codes help you?

MarkAnthony

Let's see if I did this properly via the Gallery.

kid1293

It is amazing! Do you build and check production? It is a lifetime job!