News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mark's Ramblings

Started by MarkAnthony, August 31, 2019, 02:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkAnthony

I've been having a lot of trouble loading the World of Banished website today, anyone else?

Anyways, that is a sample screenshot showing some of the structures from your ColonialHouse and KidColonialHouse mods.

This is just a sample screenshot of the main portion of the spreadsheet most people would be looking at on a regular basis. It includes the important aspects of a mod that would then be filtered (by using the filter buttons at the top) to find the information you are interested in.

There are more columns to this spreadsheet that are not shown in the screenshot above, they include the name of the mod (PKM name), and the names of the actual toolbars (breadcrumbs) so you know what toolbars you need to click on to find that particular structure you are interested in.

As you can see in the screenshot, the Tan colored cells with the ? are the information I do not have. I can make guess-ti-mations (new word folks!  ™) by filling barns with potatoes to see how many potatoes it holds, but the value is different if I load it with only Iron Tools. I don't know the weights of the different items so I'd rather have the Mod Author say what the structure capacities actually are.

I am not as intense as Nilla is in figuring out what items are worthwhile producing in regards to profit/trade values, nor am I going to test ouput amounts per educated/uneducated per person/per year. I am not getting that deep into things with this spreadsheet. That's not my intent.

This is what I am after:

For example, "show me all the 2 person houses I can build to slow down population growth" or "show me the largest storage barns I can build" or "show me the foresters with the smallest radius to fit into those tiny spots on a map" (peninsulas etc.)

This is my intent.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

MarkAnthony

I've included your recipes too for various production buildings. So if someone is playing with a selection of mods and they have Fur or Down, you can look in the recipe list for those items and that will tell you which mod and which structure has the potential to process it.

MarkAnthony

Quote from: brads3 on April 02, 2022, 09:58:19 AM
are you sure KID only has about 200 mods? i am showing half that in my backup folder and i weeded it a few months ago. some mods did have multiple versions too.

Has about 200 mods? Nah, Kid has slightly more possibly upwards of 220 or so different mods. Kid would know for certain, possibly even Abandoned. I am not counting his different version updates since they often use the same pkm name thus overwriting each other. He has a few newer mods he created before I returned to World of Banished; his "alien" ones for example. I don't see myself using that style, so I do not have that included in the spreadsheet to-do list.  After I enter the 200 mods of his that I currently have installed and am personally interested in, I may then turn around and include the others mods of Kid's I don't use or even know about... just to be a completionist!

kid1293

@MarkAnthony
I PM'd you but can longer go to messages. I get an error message and can't come back for 20-30 minutes.

I have tried several times

MarkAnthony

My ultimate goal with the Excel spreadsheet? To include the 445 mods from various modders that I have installed into my WinData folder.

I have three use cases in mind for using that completed spreadsheet:

(1) I can select all the mods I want to use in ModMan and create a game profile for that selection. Then I tell the spreadsheet which mods I have chosen and that will produce for me the actual list of every structure from every mod I have chosen to play with. From there I can filter down those results however I wish, such as: "Show me all the food processors" (bakers, butchers etc) or "show me all the 6 person homes I can build", or "show me all of the storage structures that can fit in this tiny 3x3 empty spot in my neighborhood."

(2) The opposite is possible too. I could have the completed spreadsheet open, select the structures I want in my game, and that will then tell me which mods I need to include in ModMan for my game. Then as above, filter as needed.

These first two scenarios are how I intend to use the spreadsheet. I suppose when the time comes that I publish this publicly in the forums that I may take the time to expand the spreadsheet further to include: links to the mod's download page (if any), links to the mod's discussion page (if any) and then a link to my personal copy of each of the mods included in the spreadsheet in case the other links don't work.

EDIT: No problem Kid, I've been having trouble loading the site as well today. For several hours now this has been happening.

MarkAnthony

Good afternoon @kid1293

There are two things that could use correction in your KidForgeOfDwarves and KidForgeOfDwarvesWinter mods; the same corrections are needed in both.

(1) In the Wood Buildings toolbar, the button for the School has a typo. It appears to me that it might be a text overlay so hopefully you won't have to redo the actual toolbar button icon for the School.

(2) The toolbar button description for the deco Miner Statues says they are free to build. They are not.

Onwards to the next mod --> KidFriendlyBlue and then KidFriendlyBlueToo   :)

kid1293

Fixed and uploaded

Forest Haven V1.03
Forge Of Dwarves V1.01
Forge Of Dwarves WInter V1.01

kid1293

Fixed and uploaded

KidFriendlyBlue(Ice) V1.02
KidFriendlyNeighborhood V2.01
KidFriendlyPumpkin V1.12

kid1293

Also fixed missing menu description in

Gothic Fantasy V1.21

I can not post more than one thing at a time. That is why I haven't written
anything in Mod Discussions. It is very time-consuming with the site in this shape.

It is probably on the server-side. The errors are not related to these pages.
I wish @The Big Chihuahua could take a look.

kid1293

Adjusted building costs in

KidHillsideVillage V1.02

MarkAnthony

Thanks for all the updates and fixes Kid. We appreciate it. Goodnight.

kid1293

And typos in

KidMoreHavensV1.03

:)

River

Quote from: kid1293 on April 05, 2022, 09:29:21 PM
Adjusted building costs in

KidHillsideVillage V1.02

I have not seen this mod. I looked in Downloads, but didn't see it!  Where can I get it?   :)
REMEMBER: In games like Oblivion, Skyrim, Banished, etc, there IS NO WRONG WAY TO PLAY!!

kid1293

MarkAnthony

Hey everyone!

I thought about this a long time ago but I am not sure I ever asked about it. Has anyone ever figured out where the game's event log is recorded? The events in the event window is being recorded somewhere because it's always available in every saved game.

I am assuming it's within the actual saved game file itself and I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to "break into it". I would think that if someone was able to figure this out and do that then some one else who is good at coding would then be able to write a script or program of some kind to parse that info.