News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Animal Shed Plus V2.11

Started by kid1293, October 14, 2020, 08:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Hi.

The Animal Shed Plus is updated to V2.1.

Read Abandoned's blog here for info and pictures.

jerica

taniu

kid1293

Hi.
I have uploaded a small edit of the Thatch Patch. It is now faster.
Important since the Thatch gives only 1-2 in every batch.

Eagle74

I love this mod.  My current town is using v2.1.  Can I switch it over to the new version or does it require starting a new town?  My only other comment is that the chicken & cow shed outputs seem low compared to the other items.  I would think that they would be higher since you have to provide food for them.

kid1293

Hi.
Chances are that you have to rebuild the Thatch Patch before the new numbers will work.

Hm. I know I have missed some balancing in the outputs. Is it very off?

Eagle74

OK, I will demolish the thatch patches in my current town & then load the new version b4 rebuilding them.  Will let you know if it works.
Regarding balancing, the goat shed is making about 1175 goat milk per year with 2 workers. The cow shed is less than 300 milk with 2 workers.  Have not tried the beef production, but I will switch it over & see what it does.  Don't recall the exact numbers on the chicken shed but both the chicken & egg production numbers were very low so I idled the facility.

kid1293

Yes, the cows' shed produces beef too. It comes in batches of 160-200.
The same time it takes to produce 16 milk.
I can not lower the time because of overproducing beef.

:) If you are hungry (or thirsty) get used to goat milk. ;)

!!
The chickens - I made the Chickens twice as fast and uploaded a new file
with the same name. Just download again and rebuild the Chickens.
That is all I can do now. I do not want to take the mod apart and edit it.

Abandoned

@kid1293 We did adjust and test and retest numbers.  Players must be sure workers live close by, storage is close by,. and there is a steady supply and delivery of the feed required.

Also should note that these animal sheds are not meant to replace or be as productive as a full size animal pastures, they are small sheds good for cold climates and mountain maps were space for pastures and fields are limited.  We added meat products and greenhouses in this update.

kid1293

Done is done. (I like chicken) :)

It was a bit slow...

Abandoned

:)  I like chicken too  :)  We did raise it a bit once and it did not require more extra feed to be produced.  Should be okay.  :)

Eagle74

It was a bit tricky updating to the new version on an existing map.  For some reason, demolishing the chicken shed made with v2.1 did not work with v 2.11.  So, I ended up loading an earlier save with v2.1 & demolished all the buildings from this set.  Then, I updated to the newest version & am in the process of rebuilding.  The updated thatch patch works great & the beef production from the cow shed is awesome.  Don't have data on anything else yet.

Thanks for all the work you do, it is appreciated.  I did not mean for you to revisit everything on account of me. 

kid1293

No worries. I like to fix things so that they work better.

MarkAnthony

Hey @kid1293

Am home from work and adding this mod to my Excel spreadsheet. Just letting you know your latest version, the Pig Shed for me does NOT make any Leather, just Pork. And if by chance you are going back in to check on that, perhaps you might want to edit the toolbar button name and the building's window for the Pig Shed as well. Currently it reads "Pig Shed root" from your previous version. =)
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

kid1293

Hi. I edit the description.

I think I had a discussion with Abandoned about leather from pigs.
We decided to leave it out.

I edit that description too.

Since this is only a menu error, I do not know what to do. There will be several versions out there.
I can do what I do when in doubt. Just update, don't tell... ;D Well, I told you now.

Wait 15 minutes and I have the same version uploaded with the menu fixes.