News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Hey everyone! Just saying "Hi"

Started by MarkAnthony, February 12, 2022, 08:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkAnthony

Hey everyone, I hope you are all well. I've been playing Banished again for about two weeks now and lurking here now and again. I see Kid and Red and Brad is still here too and Abandoned.

So I finally managed to get a much newer computer so I'm giving Banished a try again. I love that I could load RKEC full or CC and of course a healthy selection (40+) of @Discrepancy  and @kid1293 's mods and play with all settings maxed out (shadows, reflections etc.) and play on huge or very large maps and still load into game in under a minute! Vanilla Banished loads instantly but takes me slightly longer than a minute with the other stuff. It's so much nicer with shadows and reflections on everything! And who knew how much nicer those very large (CC)/huge maps are! I didn't because I could never load them before. Haha

Anyways I just got off work and I got tomorrow off so I am starting a new map tonight. I'm posting tonight because I got a question for @kid1293 - I'm giving Colonial Charter 1.76 a try now since I never used it in the years past. I like it, it's different. My question to you @kid1293  is the last game I tried with CC and some of your mods mixed in with Discrepancy's is I had your Tree Replacer mod loaded after CC 1.76. Nothing was wrong but I don't know if I am seeing the results of your Tree Replacer or not. Apparently CC 1.76 has their own version of new trees too - so I don't know if I am seeing CC's trees or yours.

Do I need to load your Tree Replacer before CC or does it not matter?

Thanks and have a good evening.... morning for you I suppose @kid1293   LOL
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

kid1293

Hi @MarkAnthony

You should put my trees before CC if you want to see them on the map.
I am not familiar with CC, but... Since they have changed everything else - why not the trees?

Glad to see you here again. We have had a really low time with just a few of the 'oldies'.
I have been on a break since I don't know when. I am only here to answer questions and
squash bugs. I am not playing Banished right now, but @Abandoned reminds me now and then ;D

Well, it is Good Night to you then ;)

MarkAnthony

Thanks @kid1293

I'm trying it with your Tree Replacer above CC but I don't know if I am seeing anything just yet. Just loading the map doesn't seem to indicate anything that I can tell so far. Perhaps I will notice things more after the "seasons" come and pass.

Thanks for the quick reply.

MarkAnthony

Oh! And one more thing - just a quick refresher please.  I forgot - can the traders reach a trading post built on a stream? I'm not referring to the fat rivers, or the really thin, almost dry creeks but the streams with noticeable water in them.

kid1293

Hi.
To tell you the truth. If the CC team has changed certain things in the code,
I think they will supersede my replacer. I am not sure about the priorities in the code.

Do you have snow? ;D ;D ;D

kid1293

Yes, the trader should go there, but sometimes he will take 'alternative' routes to get there.
It happens that he goes back and forth and misses it altogether. Give it a try.

MarkAnthony

Quote from: kid1293 on February 12, 2022, 08:46:02 PM
Hi.
To tell you the truth. If the CC team has changed certain things in the code,
I think they will supersede my replacer. I am not sure about the priorities in the code.

Do you have snow? ;D ;D ;D
LOL yeah CC still allows us to have snow if we pick that climate option. Hehe I like the snow personally.

kid1293

MarkAnthony

Nah, I wish! I'm a born and raised in southern California (sunshine, palm trees, beaches and earthquakes) and been in Arizona (crappy desert) since '97. I hate, hate, hate the heat! I never had snow or got to play in it as a kid or even as an adult. The only time I got to experience snow was when I would fly back east to Chicago Illinois to visit family back in the day. I'd visit them during the winter and cold on purpose just to be in the snow! I love it! Makes even the crappiest looking areas seem decent and pretty!

I'd love to move to a cold climate area with snow and SEASONS - I never got to experience seasons in Southern California or Arizona. I'd like to see an actual AUTUMN color change of the leaves, leaves falling to the ground etc. All I get is dirt, rock, gravel, cactus, and palm trees and asphalt everywhere! - bleh!

Stay in Sweden, or anywhere in Europe - don't ever come to Arizona  :P

MarkAnthony

I mean don't get me wrong, there is snow in Arizona and California you just have to go up north for it and well... that's a long walk for me ROFL!  Talking like several hours away by vehicle.

kid1293

;D Don't worry. I stay away. I don't like the heat either.

Yes, the seasons are cool! :)

Talk later :)

brads3

hi, MARK. not sure if the tree replacer will work but you should try it with a generic start and medium setting. CC has many starts that will bring its own trees. i'd load the game with the replacer only to get a feel for how it should look before  loading with the CC.

if you are going colonial, you will want to check out KID's new housing mods. we have some nice shop houses for colonial towns now.

did you gain a lot of power with the new computer? i made some changes to my order a few months back that is working decently. have the RK , LITE version, with an older CC, to save memory. i tweaked RED's fodder by adding KID's wildlife starts and forest outpost nat div above it. this way houses use thatch as fuel, flowers collect as thatch, and the grass does continue to grow without the die off. maps still have all the wild animals from the RK. then you can use the CC below the RK and have  way more options.

i think it looks a lot better as the flowers from KID's mods are smaller, plus KID altered the growth phases.

MarkAnthony

Yes @brads3 I did gain more computing power. My system now has a dedicated 6gb video card now whereas my older system had an integrated card. I also have an SSD drive now, never had one before so that made a huge improvement and I now have 64gb of memory installed upgradeable to 128gb whereas my older system only had 8gb of memory.

Good to see you are still hanging around here. Talk again soon.

MarkAnthony

And just so you don't feel left out @brads3 I got a question for you too!   :P

You said you play with RKEC and CC combined, with RKEC on top and @kid1293 s stuff above all that. My question to you is about the RKEC/CC combo. By having RKEC above CC, what did you lose from CC? Did you lose any functionality, features, resources, items, building services etc, or anything else that you are aware of? Did you lose CC's terrains and climates and start conditions? I am thinking YES on the terrains/climates/starts - but I'll ask to be sure.

And just as important as to what you may have lost from CC, are there any conflicts caused by the different flags used by traders, markets, and storage areas, stockpiles etc?

I recall when I was mixing RKEC with DS and Kid's stuff I had issues with charcoal and/or coal and linen etc. They may have had same names in game for those items but they would not be used/recognized by other places. I forget the exact problem or details but here is an example just to explain my issue: I would create charcoal with DS' buildings but Red's buildings/storage areas would not use or recognize it. Same with Kid's linens I think. If I made linen with his mods I had to use his mods to process it.

And then there is the whole FLAX/THATCH headache....  :'(

EDIT: Oh I kind of remember one of the details now - I would create coal or charcoal with DS' mods but Red's blacksmiths would not use any of it and it kept telling me it was out of materials. <-- Are there any problems like this between RKEC and CC?

MarkAnthony

Second question for you@brads3

You said you placed Kid's Forest Outpost NatDiv version above RKEC. So does that mean you are also using New Flora and NatDiv mods as well?

So what then was your exact order for these mods?

NatDiv
NewFlora
Wildlife Starts
Forest Outpost NatDiv
   (Tree Replacer)
RKEC
CC

Something like that?

What about the FlaxPatch?