News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Hey everyone! Just saying "Hi"

Started by MarkAnthony, February 12, 2022, 08:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkAnthony

Okay, from just starting the game with RKEC above CC Journey 1.76 I see that it uses Red's terrains, CC's Very Large Map, and CC's Climate choices and Red's starting conditions (animals/grasses etc.)

But I am still interested in what may have been lost from CC having it below RKEC and if there are any conflicts that you know of.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

brads3

since i don't have the fancy computer, i have to dumb things down to save memory. in my case i am using an RKEC LITE and CC NF,older version. i did re-add several of RED's houses, but still uses less memory than the RKEC. yes, i do lose the start settings from CC, but i seldom used them anyhow. i did have some conflicts but mainly cause i'm using the older pre 1.07 CC version. just added the compatability 1.07 mod to bridge those.

yes,there are going to be some issues like flax. that we always have. i do have the DS IND mod loaded with this set up. i prefer to not make charcoal with the DS piles. they do require more work than a building.

[Misc]
Description=2022 feb ||RKEC Lite--DS IND-CC NF w/ccompatab |||3.7 GB 160 mods 90% memory
[Profile]
RittenhouseMillVanillized=1
RKECtownhall=1
WheelbarrowBigger=1
HorseWagen=1
FeatherPatch=1
MaritimesPineSetEggFix=1
stopcoalburn=1
BlackLiquidRain=1
CCNoSmoke=1
Radius=1
overrideUneducated=1
ProperTime=1
overrideRuralClothes=1
banishedUImaps=1
unlimited=1
OneStopAllMining=1
SafetyHole=1
Forgetaboutorchard=1
MoreWood=1
MoreStone=1
NewPineFlora=1
MaritimesCrystalCliffs=1
MaritimesPineSet=1
SeasonFX=1
KidForestOutpostNatDiv=1
MyPrecious=1
WoodButcher=1
KidGothicFarm=1
KidWestwardHoWagons=1
WildlifeStarts=1
CloseToTheEdge=1
RKBisonLivestock=1
RKPigsLivestock=1
ChooChoo=1
Compatibility107=1
RKEditorChoiceEdition=1
BlacksmithTools=1
MiniBuildings=1
DSBridgeCrossing=1
DSFuelMarket=1
FruitVegBarn=1
GatherersWarehouseAndBarn=1
DSIndustryMining=1
DSStythTower=1
DSThompsonTradeMerchants=1
CCDocks=1
CCFrontier=1
ColonialCharterNF=1
GrowRoots=1
MarbleQuarry=1
CCOrchardForesters=1
Terraform=1
EBSVProduction=1
EBMaterialsStore=1
EBLeatherWorks=1
EBFarmHouse=1
EBFarmHouseA=1
EBSVDecoResort=1
EBDecoFountains=1
EBFarmstand=1
EBSVFoundry=1
EBSVWorkShop=1
EBMarkets=1
EBSVRockQuarry=1
EBSmallStorage=1
EBStorageSet=1
EBIrrigationDecoAddon=1
EBIrrigationNatural=1
EBStatueTrapper=1
EBMonumentFF=1
EBStatueLiberty=1
EBWinery=1
BirchBarkCanoe=1
ChopChop=1
ColonialHousing=1
DecoPlants=1
ForestCombo=1
marketpuzzle=1
WashingMod=1
KidAnimalShedPlus=1
KidAnimalShedSA=1
KidBakeryGarden=1
KidBedBreakfast=1
KidColonialCityCenter=1
KidColonialResource=1
KidDecoFarmAnimals=1
KidFarmyard=1
KidFruitNut=1
KidForestPonds=1
KidGhostTown=1
KidGhostTownHouses=1
KidGothicFantasy=1
KidGHLightHouse=1
KidGrannyPark=1
KidLogDepot=1
KidMarketFood=1
KidNativeVillage=1
NomadSignComplete=1
KidPlimothPlantation=1
KidPlimothHarmonized=1
KidPortableMineRKEC=1
KidRailway=1
KidRowBusiness=1
KidSettlersDeco=1
KidSomeBoats=1
KidStagecoach=1
KidStorageCarts=1
KidStorageCrates=1
KidTinyDowntown=1
KidTinySeparate=1
KidTravelingTrader=1
KidVegetableGarden=1
KidWindSawmill=1
KidWoodenFort=1
KidWorkshop=1
KidWorkPlaceVillage=1
KidWildWest=1
KidYardCover=1
BostonHouse=1
BostonHouse2=1
CityRoads=1
college=1
CountryLittleHouse=1
CountryLittleHouse2=1
Ketchup=1
PlymouthHouse=1
TrainingCampDeco=1
TrainingCampMain=1
RKWoodBakery=1
MaritimesRiffle=1
MaritimesSherbrooke=1
MaritimesStorage=1
NECEmptySquare=1
BradsSmokingShed=1
FlyFishing=1
Hunting=1
Infirmary=1
LoftStorehouse=1
nordichouses=1
NordicHuntingCabin=1
NordicLogCabin=1
NordicSchool=1
NordicSauna=1
NordicWarehouse=1
RedCottage=1
TjurkoMill=1
TurfHouse=1
TurfStorehouse=1
VikingLonghouse=1
fountainlite=1
GrassyRoads=1
NewEngland=1
NewTrees=1
SJGL_Small_Markets=1
SmallTipi=1
SpecializedStorage=1
StorageShed=1
UnblockableDebug=1

MarkAnthony

Now I am just asking your opinion @brads3 why is it you have both RKEC and CC installed together? From what I can see from a quick looksee is that there is a lot of overlap between the two major mods. They both have various methods for producing food and preserving food; they both have various ways to collect resources and they both have more advanced production chains; they both have dock sets and buildings for the docks; they both have their styles of road textures.

The only major differences that I can see and that I know of is:
  RKEC - has a canal system
  RKEC - has a more advanced and selection of multi-level housing and places of business
  RKEC - is better balanced in terms of trade and production numbers etc.

CC - has specialized trading posts. The only trading post I found in RKEC was in the NMT Docks toolbar

So other than those differences above that I mentioned it really seems that if you play one, you don't really need the other. Mostly the real difference is just visual aesthetics and balance.  /shrugs shoulders

MarkAnthony

Okay, so based off your list of mods you just listed, you are NOT using NatDiv and NewFlora and for that matter not even ForestOutpostNatDiv like you said up above. So I will go ahead and remove those as well I suppose. I want my thatch to work as you described above - so I will match what you do.

ROFL, I was like you before, especially when I first joined here; I played with hundreds of mods installed! Haha  :D  Now I am down to 17-52 at most now. My current map I am trying to set up like yours is the RKEC+CC combo and I have 52 installed and if I remove those 3 above then it will be 49.

Isn't that SeasonFX mod killing your system? I would think so, no?

You do have some mods I haven't seen before or heard of. Care to tell me about them and share any of them?

RittenhouseMillVanillized
HorseWagen
SafetyHole
MyPrecious
WoodButcher
CloseToTheEdge
BlacksmithTools
MarbleQuarry
Terraform
BirchBarkCanoe
KidTinySeparate
BostonHouse
BostonHouse2
BradsSmokingShed
TurfStorehouse
VikingLonghouse
fountainlite
GrassyRoads
NewEngland
NewTrees
SpecializedStorage
StorageShed
UnblockableDebug

The mods I bolded above sound very interesting.

I have a terraform tool included with CCTerrainTools but CC itself only has the ground flatteners so if I include the CC Terrain Tools with CC then I get the Terraform tool but then I have duplicates of both ground flatteners. So I am hoping your copy of Terraform is just the Terraform part itself without the ground flatteners. What is CloseToTheEdge?! That peaks my curiosity! 

At the very least I hope you are willing to share the ones I bolded.

Thanks Brad

brads3

i like the meat processors of the RK. there are more wild animals. the chains function better for the RK. wiith using the older CC, i use lumber but not the more complictated chains thart CC used in the  CC J.

i'm using KID's forest outpot ND version. this mod enables the houses to burn thatch as firewood without it being bundled. just a way to use some of the extra thatch. then later on i build animal pens that do need to be fed thatch.

SeasonFX does very little. the only thing it does is gives the crop fields a nice plowed look. otherwise the Pine mod obsoletes it. closer to the edge- KID mod to build pastures into streams and lakes.doesn't go out a lot of squares but is handy with a croooked stream too. you do have to manually build fences for these. but thety are realistic in that farmers did make them that way.
terraform- CC mod. gives more options for digging out ground or raising it. the Boston houses are RED's that i did add back to the LITE version. they are colorful and handy for cities. the smoke shed is 1 TOM made to smoke fish or venison. the New England is Pilgim's mod with houses.it is included in the CC J.

there are some odd effects with the DS IND loaded. it does have a happiness effect but you can't see it with the star icons.  you can't get churches crowded. workers will go on strike. it also has some effect on production outputs. seems to slow down wood cutters and blacksmiths. not all of them, but i do have to keep an eye on them more.

this mod order does have some flexability. you could replace the pine mod and use the CC starts or KID's tree replacer.