News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Modular Mod Tool Bar Spaces

Started by Necora, February 12, 2017, 10:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necora

you can probably change the icon with a simple override mod, but why would you want to? I think any of the will be great.

RedKetchup

we are all started that for simplify the visual of the toolbar and put everything in 1 icon.

now you want us specifically to use a different icon to give you choice to put the icon you prefer on top ? ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

i am somewhat confused by that also. not sure if its a request for different icons so each player can choose which they use. or  is it a question as to can a rogue modder come along change something in the coding and offset the icon themself?? not sure why anyone would do that but in todays world who knows.
   1 icon and then the modders have their own icon under that 1 and can group their mods as they want. this will simplify our toolbars. with all the work modders are doing between adding this button to each mod and dealing with the 1.07 changes and new tags, we don't want to make them work harder.
   did the modders on WOB make a list of how they prefer the tags to be used?? should we send a spokesperson back to CC or call a modder group meeting?? i didn't see changes when i opened the 1.07 but i know most of it was to give modders more powers.

RedKetchup

the tags have been decided by CCTeam along with certains of us in private. CCTeam are the ones who use the flags the most.
and we got an agreement on how they will be used :) Decisions have been made to efficacely meet all the possible scenarios for everyone.

the icons for each flags have been made from the Colonial Charter Mod items.

kralyerg

It wasn't entirely a CC team decision. :)  I brought my (cc centric) thoughts to the table and we all had a very productive discusion about it.  I think we got all the kinks worked out, so I expect an official announcement will be forthcoming.

I admit that most of the little icons for the new limits I chose from existing cc resources, but I gave everyone involved in the discussion all the code and icons I made and any of them can tweak them to their liking. It's in no way bound to cc and can be used with any mod that wants it.

RedKetchup

oh yeah right  ;D sorry > < 1 icon has been chosen from ChooChoo hehe ^^

elemental

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 16, 2017, 06:00:34 AM

now you want us specifically to use a different icon to give you choice to put the icon you prefer on top ? ^^

No, I didn't say that. I'm just saying that it looks like it's probably very easy for someone to change the icon. So all this talk about icons has been a bit unnecessary when each modder could just use the icon that they like the most and the player can then decide which mod to put on top.

elemental

Quote from: kralyerg on February 16, 2017, 11:13:53 AM
It wasn't entirely a CC team decision. :)  I brought my (cc centric) thoughts to the table and we all had a very productive discusion about it.  I think we got all the kinks worked out, so I expect an official announcement will be forthcoming.

Interesting to hear that. Will be even more interesting to see what you came up with. Now (or at least soon) you get to redo everything to incorporate them into CC. Big job.

RedKetchup

so ? people are starting to get many mods that use the Community Icon .... and see how everything imbricate inside it ....

How it look ? what you think about it ?

Hawk

I loaded these mods in a 1.07 patched version of Banished, all 1.07 version mods and the only mods installed

BostonHouse
CountryLittleHouse
DSJettyAndBridge
PlymouthHouse
RKFirewoodStorage
TinySmallBarns
TrainingCampDeco
TrainingCampMain
TrainingCampStorage
WoodButcher

and every one of them showed red in the mod list.
It didn't seem to actually cause any problems in game. I just though it was strange that they all showed red.

Other than that, the tool bar looked good. I liked it.  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Abandoned

I am interested in hearing what they think about this also.  I am still undecided whether or not to update my game or mods now.  Not to sound defeatist but I think it is going to be difficult and time consuming to find specific items you want to use.  A icon in the main icon bar for all deco mods with subcategories for each modder sounded like a good idea.  Likewise subcategories for food related or storage mods would make sense to me, but that's just me.  Nice that modders are going that extra mile to update everything.  Good job.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Abandoned on February 18, 2017, 07:26:48 AM
I am interested in hearing what they think about this also.  I am still undecided whether or not to update my game or mods now.  Not to sound defeatist but I think it is going to be difficult and time consuming to find specific items you want to use.  A icon in the main icon bar for all deco mods with subcategories for each modder sounded like a good idea.  Likewise subcategories for food related or storage mods would make sense to me, but that's just me.  Nice that modders are going that extra mile to update everything.  Good job.

you will get used to it after few hours more, @Abandoned  like you did when you started to use them a while ago :)
i also try to make sure there is some new pieces in the new versions ^^ not upgrading them means : not get the new things ^^

brads3

OUCHHHH ,i just did a big write up and bumped the keyboard and poof it is all gone. ABANDONED, i don't think it will be that bad.  it will be tedious. knowing it will take modders time to upgrade all their mods,i would keep playing the town you just started. you can do as i and i think HAWK have done. make a copy of the game file and name it banished 1.07,then upgrade that file and start loading the new mods to it. this way you don't get confused between what you have and have not upgraded.plus the old saves will work off the old files. the registry may swap the mod order by going between the 2 files,but the save games have the order in them. if you just load a save game the order will be right for that game. plus there will be mods that aren't upgraded and we can copy those over later.

Hawk

Quote from: brads3 on February 18, 2017, 08:16:34 AM
you can do as i and i think HAWK have done. make a copy of the game file and name it banished 1.07,then upgrade that file and start loading the new mods to it.

I actually have 3 separate installs of Banished now. Details about this can be found starting with this post here.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Necora

Quote from: Hawk on February 18, 2017, 07:20:04 AM
I loaded these mods in a 1.07 patched version of Banished, all 1.07 version mods and the only mods installed...

...and every one of them showed red in the mod list.
It didn't seem to actually cause any problems in game. I just though it was strange that they all showed red.

Mods show red in the mod list when they have the same file name inside them, even if that file is identical. It is more of a warning that anything else, just to let you know that there may be an override or a difference depending on which goes on top.

Any mod using the common toolbar will show red in the mod list because they all have the same core common toolbar files, even though those files are identical. So it is no issue if they show red.