tomplum68 - Dunsett

Started by tomplum68, July 10, 2014, 03:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

ESC => options => Input tab => screenshot
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Zephormite

I also use P, I think the issue for me is that I have INS/Prt Sc on same button...

irrelevant

Just regular ol' PrtScn works for me.

tomplum68

i have no idea.  i dont think its the game, the computer will not take a screenshot of anything anymore.  i tried reassigning the keybind and all the other stuff, it just wont do it.

RedKetchup

your dir on your hard drive is empty ? aka C:\Users\Your_name\Documents\Banished\Screenshots ?

tomplum68

it has the stuff i took before it quit working.  everything from above in this thread is still in there, just nothing new will go in.  when I was taking screenshots before the screen dims for a second to let you know it took, but it wont do that anymore and isn't saving images

RedKetchup

Are you using a wireless keyboard I would suggest you to check on the F LOCK (function lock) key on your keyboard. Check on the top right of your Keyboard for the F Lock Key, which may be stopping you from using the print screen key. The F LOCK key toggles the alternate function keys. An alternate function key is a key that has two possible commands depending on the F LOCK toggle key state.

rkelly17

If you are playing Banished on Steam, F12 takes screen shots. It puts them in some weird, out of the way folder, but the Steam "screen shot uploader" that appears when you quit the game Has a button for accessing the files on disc.

I just checked and the Steam screenshot folder on my computer is C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\userdata\30768760\760\remote\242920\screenshots. I move mine out of there regularly because my C drive is an SSD and I don't want to use up the space with screenshots.

tomplum68

Quote from: rkelly17 on July 14, 2014, 08:06:57 AM
If you are playing Banished on Steam, F12 takes screen shots. It puts them in some weird, out of the way folder, but the Steam "screen shot uploader" that appears when you quit the game Has a button for accessing the files on disc.

I just checked and the Steam screenshot folder on my computer is C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\userdata\30768760\760\remote\242920\screenshots. I move mine out of there regularly because my C drive is an SSD and I don't want to use up the space with screenshots.

Thats the ticket rkelly17, many thanks!!

still have no idea why windows quit but steam screenshots still works.

back to building Dunsett

RedKetchup

i play banished on steam and they dont put them there :P

tomplum68

Quick update, didn't play much.

1) Neglected shot of the proposed blacksmith site beside the future market.

2) Alfred and Merrica begin schooling.

3) Followed up in short order by Pleasar and Authornton

4) And finally spring arrives in Dunsett year 3 - current supply levels are holding and work on the blacksmith has begun and just in time (2 tools left)

Next will probably be the market then the tailor then the trade port

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 14, 2014, 05:41:04 PM
i play banished on steam and they dont put them there :P

I'm not surprised. I just accept it as it comes.

tomplum68

Our labor issues begin to improve.

1)We resume in early spring of year 4, after completing the blacksmith and stockpiling supplies, where we have decided to go with the trade port first due to the time it takes for a merchant to arrive.  Our tools have gotten to safe levels and we're doing OK with clothes, so on to the port.  A stockpile was added next door to hasten construction.

2-3) In the spring Antha and Michelsey (our native born children) enter school.  We now have no children left...

4) But by late spring a little girl Tiann is born to Demon and Anabell

5) Also in late spring the stockpile is done and Merrica joins the labor pool.

6-7) By early summer Pleasar and Authornton have also started working.

8) And finally in summer Arles is born to Gianning and Jadence.

We also layed out a couple new locations for houses by the blacksmith.

The site of the port has been cleared and we have a full staff of four builders hard at work.

tomplum68

I played a good bit more last night but won't be posting anything until this evening but I will give a little teaser...

Regg...is...a...monster...

And I'm going to add some surnames for the founding families to help in tracing lineages as the population grows.
So far I'm leaning toward Demon and Anabell Illidan, and Regg and Verenata (deceased) Philbin.

I'll take suggestions for Gianning and Jadence, and Haywardell and Nickie.

Of course without accepting nomads these are the only surnames that will ever exist which I suppose isn't so different than some isolated places in rl.

tomplum68

Back at it here and we'll start with the family surnames:

Demon and Anabell Illidan (Demon Hunter)
Haywardell and Nickie Lehrer (German for teacher, Haywardell is the teacher)
Gianning and Jadence Bertol (cause Gianning is really a last name...)
Regg and Verenata Philbin (Regis)

1) So, we pick back up in the late summer of year 4 when Alfred has grown to adulthood and joined the workforce.  As noted before we have six people, two laborers and four builders, constructing the trade port to get the timer ticking until a merchant arrives.

2) In late autumn we have a new child born named Evante.  Normally, this would a great news but in this instance it becomes cringe-worthy.  Evante is the son of Alfred, who if you remember is a girl, and the daughter of the late Veranata and her husband Regg.  I really see no way around this but to call this child Regg's offspring with his daughter.  Or perhaps Alfred gets around the block and this could be almost anyone's baby.  As far as game mechanics go this has to be Regg's.  For the sake of this village blog we're going to say Alfred is a loose woman and is unsure of the father of Evante.  As such he will retain the Philbin name.  Being a single mother living with her windower father, they will just live out their lives together as now no other man will marry Alfred.

I blame most of this on the choice of Alfred as a name for a baby girl leading her down this path of sin.

3) Its now early winter and I've decided to show Regg's happiness level still extremely low after the death of his wife.  Of course the accusations of impregnating his daughter have not helped his situation either.  Alfred's happiness is abysmal as well.  It has been three years since Veranata's death.

4) Onto happier news, the foundation for the trading port has been completed in the winter of year 4.

5) Followed immediately by the framework.  The townspeople are working at great speed to construct this vital building.

6) And finally, come early spring the trade port has been completed and a tailor and house have been started.  During the build phase of the trade port enough additional resources were gathered to go right into the new buildings.  We're down to one coat left but still have the rest of spring and all of summer before temperatures start to dip again.

Our food levels have been increasing every year still with one hunter and now two gatherers.  We've gone from 800 food coming out of winter to 1200 in a few years.  Hopefully the forest will continue to provide enough until we can coerce a seed merchant to show up.  The woodcutter has not been turned back on yet but will need to be to get our firewood supplies back up for winter and then to supply the trade post.

I'm planning on keeping most of the new expansion down by the market and trade post for now.  Perhaps putting houses immediately east of the market and then right up against the eastern hill almost along the same line as the existing four.  In between I'm thinking I can fit 2-4 crop fields, 1-2 orchards and two barns.  We'll see how that all unfolds.

A couple new houses definitely need to get put up soon to take advantage of our new adults.  Although I'm down one with Alfred's unfortunate circumstances.