News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Gather our forces!

Started by kid1293, April 01, 2017, 10:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Thanks @QueryEverything - will continue to write at the top.

Honestly, RK's suggestion about separate TP code to be used elsewhere is very, very good.
But, I guess, hard to do for Luke.

kid1293

I try a new approach.
I sent what we got to Luke and hope he reads it.

Hi again!

I have learned that you do not answer many emails, but that does not mean you don't read them. :)
We (modders, players, visitors at World of Banished - Gather our forces! ) have started a,
what we call, gathering of our forces to contact you.We need your attention to be able to continue with mod development.
We don't want to be running in small circles or heading in the wrong direction.

Right now, some things have crystallized and I give you a small list:

1. More insert points for sound, animation

2. Better zoom with better tilt too.

3. More resources needed when building - up to 6 (two rows)

4. Clothing levels increased one or two.

5. Requirement option. A production building continually needs resources to function.
Be it - pen and paper - firewood - fishing net - else no production.

And is discussed - 6. separate trading post code to be used with other buildings (market, barn, stockpile)
so that we can manage the amount stored in-game.

This list will continue to grow or diminish while it is being discussed.

As you can see, all points are found from a need to further the gameplay.
Some are easy to fix, some require more attention.
Since you are rounding up your beta versions and getting ready to release 1.0.7
we send this now and hope you understand our love for Banished!

You are welcome to participate and discuss with us.
That is the whole meaning!
Sincerely / Kid and the rest over at WoB.

(I don't know what's wrong with Windows10. It inserts extra lines)

Anyway. My hope is that he sees our need.

RedKetchup

whenyou say " Hi again" ... again means you already say Hi one or many times ... :)
did you got answers on the other ones ? did you asked things ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kid1293

Hi again just signals I am Banished but alive. :)

No, not really asked, more trying to communicate.
Yes, I have questions and I have wishes. But most are
too far away to be sent to him. That's why this post.
The people here have very good ideas.
Don't let them disappear!

I hope I didn't upset anyone with this letter.
It's a first attempt from all of us.
The timing is important. Now he is going to release 1.0.7
and then ? Maybe he will be gone again.

Necora

Hey @kid1293 thanks for taking up the charge here I appreciate it. I like the way you structured a few of the easy changes followed by some possibly more complex ones, although I don't really see how it is too complex to add a work requirement for a building, as @Bartender said earlier it seems like it could be the consume/produce but without the produce part. But then I have absolutely no idea how this stuff is dealt with under the surface so perhaps it is not that easy.

It will be interesting to see if he responds, and if he is interested in continuing to develop the game in terms of fine tunes from feedback from us.

embx61

@Necora

We have to wait and see.
He gave us the flags/limits and honestly was not expecting that at all so who knows Luke goes over his code to see what can be done.

Other similar games are on the horizon as well.
It is up to Luke keep this game alive in a good sense. We are not asking for a Banished 2 but for some very needed changes so we can keep modding alive with fresh content.

If not, I fear that the other similar games when they start to roll out will probably take some modders away from Banished if those games have a better and more varied modding features implemented. I am not suggesting Banished will die play and/or modding wise, but it is just the nature of us human beings to go where more modding support, modding features, etc. are implemented for a certain branch of games.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Maldrick

Just to toss this in...

As a player, there's a list of things I wish banished had to make it more manageable and some things that would just be nice.  But the standout has always been a delve feature.

Like being able to see the exact attributes of buildings in a tab on their windows, for example.  Being able to see the capacity of a house and it's warmth rating.  Storage capacity on a barn.  Or the exact recipes in production buildings.  Right click food and see what food group it belongs to and its trade value.  Durability on tools, clothing rating, etc.

That's the main one, for me, for the year I've played. Have spent crazy amounts of time running tests to find out basic info on what things do that a simple delve would have explained.

Another would be being able to control production in buildings of the same type on one window and, most notably, trade posts, but that's more of a wishlist kind of thing for me...A delve function is something I've always felt the game needed.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

QueryEverything

Great work @kid1293 and the reference to this thread is excellent, that way as we update what ideas we have (collectively) and you update the thread post, there may be a small chance he sees it, and sees something he may wish to implement that wasn't in the email.  (Who knows, it's wishful, but hopeful, thinking).

:)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

QueryEverything

& I second @Maldrick thoughts - a way to see the details of the buildings.
With the amount of different barns I use I forget which has what limits, haha

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

QueryEverything

Sorry, last post ...

Building requirements and consumables, just a thought, but, has that already had a work around with @Discrepancy baskets & fishing tackle, and @Necora has included his new inshore boats.
Or are you thinking something more complex?   

Abandoned

@elemental, gosh I am surprised they didn't jump all over you for that comment about modders leaving in favor of new games like they did me when I made a similar comment a while back.  One of those new games is already out, forest outpost, that some players have already tried. Several other games look very promising and both CC and Luke are also developing new games, maybe Banished 2. 

@QueryEverything I too hope Luke reads the thread.  I know others in the past have also requested a means of getting crop seeds other than the riverboat merchant, but my request that didn't make the list.  I wouldn't have thought adding a minimize button to the statistic info box would have been that difficult either.  Oh well.

Bartender

Though I appreciate the effort that you're putting in to this @kid1293, perhaps it would have been better if we would have decided as a community which things we wanted to put in the email to Mr. Luke. This is a group effort after all ;). Doing so could have prevented people from feeling left out because their idea did not make the list.

elemental

Quote from: Abandoned on April 09, 2017, 04:32:01 AM
@elemental, gosh I am surprised they didn't jump all over you for that comment about modders leaving in favor of new games like they did me when I made a similar comment a while back.  One of those new games is already out, forest outpost, that some players have already tried. Several other games look very promising and both CC and Luke are also developing new games, maybe Banished 2. 

That sounds like something I said a while back but I don't remember when or where.

Banished has come a very very very long way thanks to modding but does that translate into many new sales? more importantly, does Luke care about the money? Sadly Banished doesn't seem to be a high priority for him.

I do agree that better zoom and tilt would be nice. Zoomhack works but it's clunky.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Abandoned on April 09, 2017, 04:32:01 AM
@QueryEverything I too hope Luke reads the thread.  I know others in the past have also requested a means of getting crop seeds other than the riverboat merchant, but my request that didn't make the list.  I wouldn't have thought adding a minimize button to the statistic info box would have been that difficult either.  Oh well.

but the minimize button isnt already in the game ? CC put a such feature in almost everything.
i dont though
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

@Abandoned

It was me and not elemental who made the comment.

QuoteIf not, I fear that the other similar games when they start to roll out will probably take some modders away from Banished if those games have a better and more varied modding features implemented. I am not suggesting Banished will die play and/or modding wise, but it is just the nature of us human beings to go where more modding support, modding features, etc. are implemented for a certain branch of games.

Nah, I don't mind if people will jump over me because of that comment.
It is my opinion and have seen it before in other games.
Let's face it, Banished is a nice game, made by one man, but it is not the pot of cold without it's flaws as some seem to think it is.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]