15000..... and counting

Started by paralias, October 20, 2016, 09:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paralias

15000 banished people in one place

Nilla

TheOtherMicheal

Like Nilla said, WOW!
That must have taken a lot of time & planning but it's a fantastic achievement  8)

paralias

@Nilla with bugs you mean people don't live near their homes and don't do what they supposed to do and idling most of the time?If you like ill explain what i did in more details and show some town hall charts
@TheOtherMicheal A loooottttt of time and a lot of patience. At my laptop after 2000 people, things start to slow down and at 15000....you imagine
As for planning not so much because i had a previous city with 11000 and knew exactly what to do and i must say now was easier

Nilla

I think you mean not living close to their workplace. If it's only that one, I think you are lucky. It's partly annoying, but also partly a relief, when these long lags (I guess it's when the computer calculates the best profession for each individual) suddenly disappears.

There are other bugs, that caused me more trouble: The "freezing bug". When suddenly everyone, walked to one special point of the map; a house to get warm or eat or a barn to put some supply; in winter a lot of them froze to death, some starved. You could live with that, too. It didn't happen all the time and when you've found the interesting spot and demolished it, no one new started their death march. Although the ones who started, were out of hope.

Most annoying was, when new couples refused to move into new houses. I built houses, they stayed empty for a long time (of cause, there were potential new couples). After a while couples separated and one of them moved into the new house. Twice I gave up big games because of this. Always modded games, but different mods.

But it looks as you were lucky. Or skilled; finding the right mods.

paralias

my dear @Nilla i wanted to start with a "funny" and "ironic" thing in a sense ( at least for me who I'm Greek). but I'll say it in the end and i think and hope you'll find it funny,too..
I'm 100% positive I've never had the "freeze bug" and i dare to say never had the "couples don't move bug" either. At least i haven't noticed it.
so maybe I'm lucky as you said or you are unlucky because of your.....username...
do you know what Nila means in Greek?
It means something like debacle (disastrous failure, fiasco)
{the definition is from a dictionary}

Nilla

Quote from: paralias on October 30, 2016, 02:10:04 PM
my dear @Nilla i wanted to start with a "funny" and "ironic" thing in a sense ( at least for me who I'm Greek). but I'll say it in the end and i think and hope you'll find it funny,too..
I'm 100% positive I've never had the "freeze bug" and i dare to say never had the "couples don't move bug" either. At least i haven't noticed it.
so maybe I'm lucky as you said or you are unlucky because of your.....username...
do you know what Nila means in Greek?
It means something like debacle (disastrous failure, fiasco)
{the definition is from a dictionary}

Oh, that explains a lot! Actually that's (a short form) for my real name. I must say. I'm lucky, not to be Greek. ;)

And believe me, if you had these bugs, you would have noticed, at least the freeze bug, the other might have taken a little longer to notice.

paralias

RedKetchup

wow 20,000 people ???
how your pc handle it ??
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

paralias

my PC is an 8 year old laptop and as you probably imagine everything were terribly slow.. i don't know how to see fps but i imagine it was onenumber digit . i kept the speed always at x2 and occasionally x5 despite the slow motion and the awful lag.... i wanted the placebo effect that i don't play at x1 speed and somehow to feel it goes faster.... Patience is the greatest virtue

paralias

now that new cc 1.7 finally arrived i stop playing this city..and because it haven't been any land left for development.....last update for this city.....final population  24068

RedKetchup

hahaha 24k !!!!!!

i guess my 3 story residences helped you alot ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

paralias

@RedKetchup  your 3 story houses is the reason i start building high population cities..

solarscreen

Well done!

Simply amazing!

Would you mind listing the mods you used for this and possibly upload a save file so we can look around in detail to see everything you did?

(Edit: I see the screencaps at the beginning list your mods.  Thanks!)

If not, thanks for the screencaps and showing us what is possible these days!

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

paralias

sadly i don't have saves. i delete them all because i change completely the mod list and you know what happend when you change mods . i want to use cc 1,7 and all the other mods that exists so far. i don't know how they look in game even though i ve download and updated them constantly..you can see the "whole map" in the link from bl forum

http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/topic/859-happy-new-20067/