News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD: Expanded Pastures For Solarscreen - slink (SJGL)

Started by slink, September 02, 2014, 06:17:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slink

This very crude first mod package of mine expands the existing pasture from 20x20 to 64x64, which gives a capacity slightly more than 100 times as many animals.  The labor force is also 10 times as large.  This is an override of the existing pasture at the moment, so ignore the text that says it is a new item.  It changes only the pasture definition, with regards to dimensions, area, and number of workers.

If it is what @solarscreen wants, I will turn it into something more presentable.

Edit: I've made it presentable now, as an override.

Edit #2: These are the changes I made to Template\pasture.rsc.

//SJGL   
   int _maxWidth = 64;
   int _maxHeight = 64;

//SJGL
   int _maxWorkerCount = 20;
   int _maxArea = 4096;

Proper compilation appeared to require that I include in the mod directories the following files.

Template\Pasture.rsc (four changes)
Template\CropField.rsc (no changes)
Dialog\SharedElements.rsc (no changes)
Dialog\Work.rsc (no changes)

In the root of the mod directory there was only one file.  This file was named Package.rsc and contained the following.

PackageFile override
{
String _name = "Large Pasture Override";
String _author = "SJGL";
String _description = "This mod overrides the standard pasture, so that it holds about 10 times as many animals.";
int _userVersion = 1;

// all files in resource directory
String _includeList
[
"*"
]

// exclude package files, mod files, file used for building packages
String _excludeList
[
"Package_*.crs"
"*.pkg"
"*.pkm"
]
}

ExternalList list
{
External _resources
[
"Template/Pasture.rsc"
]
}

Edit for Version 2: Eggs, leather, wool, beef, mutton, and chicken have had their _lowCreateCount and  _highCreateCount increased by a factor of 10.

solarscreen

Very cool! I will try this out this evening!

Thank you!

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

RedKetchup

nice. :) btw a little bit of info.

i dont think your little mod get in conflict with my milk mod, personally i played with : LivestockCow.rsc
and i didnt played with pasture.rsc , so should be good :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

solarscreen

Chicken ranch!

Just a quick test - 43 x 47 pasture, 336 chickens

RedKetchup

mwhahaha , maybe @solarscreen you cant win the 5000 pop challenge, but you would win the 5000 chickens hahaha

irrelevant

RedKetchup

would be interessant if in the game we could get random .... chicken nomad packs :) asking citizensship in one of our pastures ^^

solarscreen

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 02, 2014, 09:10:30 PM
mwhahaha , maybe @solarscreen you cant win the 5000 pop challenge, but you would win the 5000 chickens hahaha

Hmmm, new challenge...

Mega Rancher - 10,000 Animals

Nilla

You are crazy :D :D

American industrial food-producers goes middle age,..........can´t believe it ;)

Paeng

Quote from: solarscreen on September 02, 2014, 09:06:37 PM336 chickens

Woah... What's it look like when they start killing the 'surplus' and laying them down beside the pen?  =:-]

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

slink

Updated the distribution file to have a unique name and to say correctly what it does.

RedKetchup

oh so sorry @slink , i didnt know it was you, your mod !!!!!!!!

awesome ! Keep it up !!!!!!

<3

slink

Yes, I failed to label the post correctly the first time.  Sorry.   ;D

solarscreen

Looks like there is some balancing formula that is not liking the expanded pasture size.

With 360 chickens, they lay eggs faster than the workers can pick them up and the pasture only sets out 6 nests of eggs to retrieve.  When eggs can't be laid, the chickens get killed or die instead, I haven't quite figured that out yet.  The pasture when first laid out had one herdsman so the eggs were not getting picked up fast enough. Chicken numbers were falling but not fast.  I increased herdsmen to 3 and the eggs production went up to about 1600 a year but chicken numbers dropped a little faster.  I increased herdsmen to 6 and egg collection was no better to slightly worse, 1500, but chickens dropped almost 50%.

slink

I guess I'm not totally surprised that there is a problem with the eggs.  My experiments with the size of pasture a week or two ago were done because I wondered if egg production was being affected by the limit of the number that can be displayed in the animal shelter.  Since splitting the flock between two pastures did not cause the egg production to increase, I concluded that the display could somehow cope with too many eggs.  That appears not to be the case in a pasture ten times as large.

I am a little surprised that the game kills off chickens when the eggs have no place to land.

Thanks for the testing.  I'll look at it more closely and see if I can locate anything that can be altered to make it work better with chickens.

How does it work with meat cattle?  There is nothing to be gathered on a monthly or quarterly basis from those.