News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Tropical row houses

Started by gatinho65, November 12, 2019, 04:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatinho65

Hey, I wondering if any of you creative modeling types would be interested in putting together a set of colorful row houses for a tropical setting, inspired by common houses you see in parts of Brazil or other Latin American countries. Basically boxes with some ornamentation, and although they are now sometimes found in areas with lots of wealthy tourists, they are not houses for wealthy people, so suitable imho for Banished villages and towns. Here are a few pics of what I mean.

angainor88

Do you mind if I ask what country(countries) these pictures are from, and which cities? I am in the middle of deciding my next set and may want to use some of these as inspiration.

gatinho65

Hi, that would be really cool, I love the sets you did for Morocco and South Africa. These pics are from Brazil, mostly Olinda and perhaps a few other towns that have similar houses, these were stock photos I collected from back when I made trying my hand at making content for SimCity and was making a set based on them. You can find lots of inspirational pics with google from various towns in Brazil, some of the houses are very simple but appealing, other houses are more ornate and could be upgrades or for later on in town development. Olinda, Salvador, Recife, Ouro Preto, Mariana, Parati, Cachoeiria, a few town names you can use to google for pics.

There are also similar houses that are more detached, not wall to wall, that might fit into a set, if you google fazenda you will find some although fazenda now tends to be a big fancy country house, but you might find some smaller older ones that would fit in with Banished.

angainor88

Ooo thank you! The hardest part of these is making sure I'm sourcing the pictures correctly. People like to label things on the internet wrong for some reason, like putting them in the wrong country, so it's nice to know what cities things are from and where I could find more pictures.