News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

The Arts, Theatres & Performances Spaces

Started by QueryEverything, July 24, 2017, 04:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueryEverything

Originally accidentally getting carried away in @kid1293 thread, I posted a request for some of "The Arts", some performance spaces, theatres, outdoor spaces etc - places where the Bannieminions could come together and celebrate artistry, and I figured rather than cluttering his thread (again, I am sorry) - I would post here.  :)

The request is quite simple:

Quote from: QueryEverything on July 24, 2017, 04:46:25 PM

Oh wait now ....  Kid ... Oh hhhhhhh Kid!

Could a matching Theatre, or city performance space (thinking "Workers Profession", but in reality jugglers etc) - have the same 'happy code' of the Church - and the same seating capacity - that way, when one clicks on it, the outwards of it, looks like a theatre, or Arts building, and there is seating capacity - but of course, the game reads it as a church, and gives it the 'church' boost?

The building would suit the style, there were many, many theatres in stone work that were built, and open air performance spaces ....

Perhaps a question for another thread, I'm happy to move along - But, no harm in asking. 

-----

Essentially - Taking the code from the Church, and making that code make way for The Arts, and then, Secularism - oh my!  Libraries ( @RedKetchup has already produced a large higher education mods, with a University etc), Universities etc - but, with the same internal 'happiness' that the church brings.

Now, I know there is some dispute as to how much (if any) happiness does affect the game from churches etc - and that's just well and good, however, in where is the harm in coding for it now?  There isn't any?  If modders are coding for churches, with church code, then lets embrace that - and let's create our version of the "The Arts", after all, as modders, it's what you're doing each and every day - your version, your very digital version of "The Arts".

Thank you for reading.

QE
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Savidan

OPen air theatre should be the best to see but cant be done thought since it's not possible to change the motion of characters unfortunately.

To gave inspiration from french closed buildings here are the opera garnier:

and opera of Lille:

They both look like to be "block" buildings.

some other Boslhoi:

la scala, Milan:

feneris

That actually sounds like a very good idea. Even a small dance hall or community center would be a nice alternative to the chapel.

elemental

Some arts buildings would be nice.

As far as happiness goes even something like a sculpture garden could work. Not very true to the time period though. An empty park that can be filled with flowers etc is another idea. Even better if it used the health happiness factor. Might discourage the crazies from hanging out at the hospital for "fun".

khemari

What about some travelling street performers -juggler, puppet theatre, animal act? Include happiness and unpacked in a public place from a wagon like Discrepancys and include one or two watchers to set the scene in a village square? Then pack up and move on?

I'd really like a full circus or travelling theatre but that might be harder to work.  :D

elemental

Definitely a good idea. My towns never really get to be big cities so super-fancy buildings would look out of place. The option for something smaller would be great.

Kimbolton

I like the idea of a theatre and have actually wanted one for a long time.  A Music Hall would be great too.

I like the ornate European images posted here. When city building, even decorative buildings which serve no real purpose can be appreciated.

For those who may be looking for a more early American theme. I dug up some pictures for your perusal:

The oldest extant theatre in continuous use in America seems to be the Walnut Street Theatre in Philadelphia built in 1809:

The oldest existing American theatre building is the Dock Street Theatre in Charleston which dates to 1736:

Would probably want to lose the air conditioner :)
Another view:

Most were fairly ordinary like the Southwark Theatre in Philadelphia which was one of the first:

The only image I could find of the Richmond Theatre built in 1810 is of it on fire:

but it seems very similar in design to the new Richmond Theatre photographed sometime after 1865:

So there are a few ideas from the Colonial design.

QueryEverything

I am loving these ideas :D

Please keep them coming!!  Feel free to offer all of your input on this, let's see where some of these ideas can go!

And I do also love the smaller 'side show' type wagon building / area as well.  And certainly would fit in with a lot of the existing smaller villages that we now have mods for.  :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]